Which would be more fitting for Gatts and Griffith's final battle?

tonberrykid02

Berserk is genius....pure genius!
would you rather see an epic battle on a grandiose scale in which two men tear up time and space in the process?

or a simple, one hit match-up, in which the conflict of a lifetime ends not with a bang, but with a wimper (like their 2nd fight)?

Re:Which would be more fitting for Guts and Griffith's final battle?

Did Miura say that there gonna be a Guts and Griffith final battle?

Bleh, if there is going to be a "final battle" then judging by all past confrontations between the two, it should be one on one. Though with Griffith's new abilities(Which we haven't even seen? X. x)they might be back to old times now, with Griffith able to have the edge...BUT either way it should be one on one, whether or not there is an army around them in a gladiatorish ending, thats up to Miura.

I would perfer a option 1, but it should be short and swift, and more importantly there is no winner...

Btw if there is i wouldnt want their final fight to be the ending of berserk... just a short swift encounter as the story progress ;)

For the "great one on one fight", Guts would have to endure so much pain because of the brand.. remember how he was projected when he tried to attack Femto in the slug count saga ?

Edit : I forgot about Slann and Guts little fight, Guts endured the brand but, is it because he's stronger or because Slann's "aura affecting the brands" is not as powerfull as Femto's ? I'll have to read the mangas again.. i'm in vol 6 now but i'm in my mid-term exam so i don't have time for reading Berserk :p I'll try to back this up soon or maybe someone else can back it up .. i mean someone like Olivier Hague, because he knows a lot.

Lets not forget when he was around Femto he was kind of lacking an eye, part of his arm and watching his "woman" be raped. That could have had something to do with it. Then again when he was "fighting" (could you even call that a fight?) he seemed to be kind of out of it the whole time. Finally SK told him to cut t3h biatch.

tonberrykid02

Berserk is genius....pure genius!

you all are assuming that by the time of gatts and griffith's final confrontation that they will each be at the same level of strength they are currently at.

gatts is sure to get much stronger, and by that time he may have found a way to rid himslef of the brand. griffith may even get weaker or revert back to human form. who knows?

im just saying that you cant use the current information we have to analyze a hypothetcial battle that is probably another 27 volumes away.

Shurikn said:
For the "great one on one fight", Guts would have to endure so much pain because of the brand.. remember how he was projected when he tried to attack Femto in the slug count saga ?

Edit : I forgot about Slann and Guts little fight, Guts endured the brand but, is it because he's stronger or because Slann's "aura affecting the brands" is not as powerfull as Femto's ? I'll have to read the mangas again.. i'm in vol 6 now but i'm in my mid-term exam so i don't have time for reading Berserk :p I'll try to back this up soon or maybe someone else can back it up .. i mean someone like Olivier Hague, because he knows a lot.

Guts was not flown back because of his brand but because of Griffith's barrier (be it something like a magical aura, still we don't know (anyway I believe it maybe has to do with the wind). I guess, that was the same barrier that threw the Tarpassa back when they jumped to capture him.

I think it's gonna be an epic battle that spans a whole volume and then a half of another one. I also think that Guts and Griffith will have a few encounters (not necesarily fights) before their epic final duel.

tonberrykid02 said:
Guts is sure to get much stronger, and by that time he may have found a way to rid himslef of the brand. griffith may even get weaker or revert back to human form. who knows?

As far as getting rid of the brand is concerned...I dunno. Perhaps he could use a little witch magic to work up another form of magic barrier though, perhaps a stronger one. I doubt they would let Griffith get weaker, but that is just my opinion. I think the two will be evenly matched, seeing as each one of them has a battle in their favor. But that is just my hopeful thinking.

xechnao said:
Guts was not flown back because of his brand but because of Griffith's barrier (be it something like a magical aura, still we don't know (anyway I believe it maybe has to do with the wind). I guess, that was the same barrier that threw the Tarpassa back when they jumped to capture him.
Your translation or mine is wrong.. because in my trans there's nothing about the barrier.. i'll try to find out the correct sentence i have in my trans.. i don't have the time today.. i have to study for my exam tomorow morning....

But if it's a barrier.. why the blood going out of Guts brand is going out like that.. it's like a firefighter's hose (is it spelled right !?!) and i don't thing the barrier is the cause of this but the "aura"... well.. i'll find the trans..

I just looked in the manga because I was too curious about it and maybe if you look in vol3, chap2 (Revenge 7 - Desire's Guardian Angels (5)) page 19 and 20.. just tell me where you see a barrier ?? Femto clearly says in page 19 :"You know how your brand react to us demons" and in page 20 :"for small ghouls you might feel like small needles prick you. The pain grows for the more evil demons, and if that demon is too powerfull, you might feel the pain until you die !!!" and the Guts past out and Femto says "That's the closest you can get "
It's true that in page 23 when Guts try to attack Femto he's strongly propulsed.. but i still think about the brand instead of the barrier.. when wee see Guts blood going out of the brand in page 19, i really think it's because he was too close.

There's still opening for that barrier but just light me up about that barrier because i don't understand where we can see a confirmation of that barrier.. where are still in speculation nation :D

nir085

Horse and Armor

I doubt and hope that in Gutts and Griffith's final battle they do not just "tear up time and space".
This is Berserk after all, not Dragon Ball Z.

I am sure the demon baby is going to have some major impact on their battle. The baby may have some kind of flashback remembering how it chose its evil nature then it might repent and attack Griffith internally in one way or another.

Also, although the different arcs are quite different, there are many HUGE parallels between them. Let me ramble a bit explaining this before I finish talking about my prediction.
HICK=Neo Taka No Dan
Farneze=Caska
Serpico=Judeau
Azan=Pippin
Jerome=Corkus
Isidro=Rickert (there is no Rickert equivalent in HICK)
Griffith and Gutts meet again on a snowy hill in volume 22 and Gutts it the one left behind.

With all the rambling aside, what I mean to say is that it will probably be like a fight preceding their final fight. Instead of the Taka No Dan watching them fight, it may be Griffith's New Band of the Hawk. (I wouldn't be surprised if Rakshas attacked Griffith in this final battle and Griffith killed him easily). And maybe somehow Gutts final battle against Griffith will destroy all the Apostles or revert them to their normal states? Wild speculation but I can't imagine even Gutts cutting down EVERY single apostle.

Shurikn, that aura thing is insvinsible to see otherwise we couldn't see Griffith or Phemto, right? ;)
Just look at the Tarpassa that jump against him, they receive a blow as if something invisible hit them or they hit against and they were blown back to land, before Sonia.
When Guts strikes with Dragon Slayer a similar thing happens to the sword. Because Guts doesn't let the sword go he is blown himself.

xechnao said:
Shurikn, that aura thing is insvinsible to see otherwise we couldn't see Griffith or Phemto, right? ;)

Yeah so ? Visible or not, just don't try making fun of me with your ";)" For one of the first times someone argue with you with respect and you're doing little sarcasm.. You wanted to spell invincible or invisible ? And what does the aura have to do with seing someone or not ?

Trève de plaisantrie.. i don't think it's a barrier, if it's not the brand i think it would be something like Void's "teleport", God Hand member might have a defensive ability different from each others. But a barrier is something permanent.. that's why i don't think it's plausible..

Yes i'm touchy today... mid-term exams...

Shurikn said:
Yeah so ? Visible or not, just don't try making fun of me with your ";)" For one of the first times someone argue with you with respect and you're doing little sarcasm.. You wanted to spell invincible or invisible ? And what does the aura have to do with seing someone or not ?
Are you saying that I am dumb and you've shown some pitty at last, but I've lacked of respect toward you?
Haha
Shurikn said:
Trève de plaisantrie.. i don't think it's a barrier, if it's not the brand i think it would be something like Void's "teleport", God Hand member might have a defensive ability different from each others. But a barrier is something permanent.. that's why i don't think it's plausible..
Don't know if it's permanent or not. I am guessing it could be some super magical elemental wind power manipolation but this is a too wild guess. We still don't know exactly what it is.

xavierflair

Red Stripe! Hooray Beer!

I'd say that you have to have a Guts and Griffith showdown, it's destined, it's ordained, it's all that and a bag of potato chips.

As far as the length of the battle, I'm going with a nice long battle, sword on sword, man against guy that looks like a girl but turned demon but turned man or something, you know the classic showdown!

But I don't think we'll be seeing that until 2005 anyways.

I could see it more along the lines as someone else being able to fight Griffith, Serpico would be a good bet, his fight with Guts was pretty good, he was calculating everything in his mind with each attack, for tactics, I could very well see Griffith and Serpico going head to head in that respect.

Another theory would suggest this: Every chapter so far has mirrored the past ones, what would that make the final battle then? I could see Guts using the Behelit he currently has, summoning the God Hand's dimension and having another parrallel to "The Festival" there.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

There might be a guts vs griffith showdown in the mere future, but i dont think thats the end of the manga. Guts still has something to settle with the rest of the godhand ;D.

And if serpico fought griffith, well, lets just say miura might have gotten tired of his charecter and may have wanted to get rid of him real fast...

I think if the other members of godhand are going to be killed by Guts (with the exception of Void, he's Skull Knight's) it'll be before he kills Griffith.

nir085

Horse and Armor

DemonX said:
There might be a guts vs griffith showdown in the mere future, but i dont think thats the end of the manga. Guts still has something to settle with the rest of the godhand ;D.

And if serpico fought griffith, well, lets just say miura might have gotten tired of his charecter and may have wanted to get rid of him real fast...
I can almost guarantee you that Farneze will sacrifice her life for Serpico, or the other way around. lol, either way I do not see a fight between Serpico and Griffith for many reasons.As Judeau said, battle for the sake of battle is pointless, not even Gutts would want that. Miura wouldn't create a fight between two characters that have no story between each other.

Or none of the above. But I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

I don't see Gutts slaying the Godhand, though he will definitely try to do so. Gutts hates the Godhand, but Skull Knight's feud with them is more likely to be resolved, since his feud with them is much more developed. After all, Gutts never seemed to care that much about "saving the world" like the typical superhero, only avenging the Band of the Hawk and settling the score with Griffith. The Godhand may not be killed before Griffith. That would seem too much like a videogame in which Griffith was the final boss or a traditional fantasy epic, and Berserk is not traditional.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

nir085 said:
I don't see Guts slaying the Godhand, though he will definitely try to do so. Guts hates the Godhand, but Skull Knight's feud with them is more likely to be resolved, since his feud with them is much more developed. After all, Guts never seemed to care that much about "saving the world" like the typical superhero, only avenging the Band of the Hawk and settling the score with Griffith. The Godhand may not be killed before Griffith. That would seem too much like a videogame in which Griffith was the final boss or a traditional fantasy epic, and Berserk is not traditional.

Well remember, Guts wants to exterminate all the apostles too, mainly for vengence. I think that would include the godhand, also.

Top Bottom