Anime episode 1 vs the manga...

Kaxc

Keke~~
Ok... so this is a thing ive been wondering about. In episode one of the anime the guys at the bar is talking about the bad times, and one of them says "yeah I think it all began when griffith became king". Then Guts comes and slaughters the bad guys and etc. Now for the question: As this scene is in the manga (only with pakk instead of the girl, or something like that), Griffith is not king yet.. How does this add up? Anyone? ???

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Hrmf. It must be the stupid anime directors fault. I never really noticed that and you just gave me a sexual urge to watch the anime again.

Oi, this one has been dicussed before, check out this thread;

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2687

nir085

Horse and Armor
Yeah that quote confused the hell out of me. And you're right, it doesn't add up at all. I think it was just a really, REALLY shitty way of the anime producers foreshadowing Griffith's birth as Femto, since the foreshadowing done in the manga (when the count summoned Godhand) was excluded from the series altogether.

dwarfkicker said:
Maybe it was put in there to foreshadow what was and still probably is to come in the manga.

Probably so in an interview in vol 4 or 5 DVD he said that he check the script and he was able to change some of the script if he wanted to which he did. So maybe he allowed that part about Griffith being King to forshadow what's going to happen in the manga. :-\

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
dwarfkicker said:
Maybe it was put in there to foreshadow what was and still probably is to come in the manga.

Interesting point, even though the Snake Count events in the manga occur at a time when Griffith isn't even reborn yet. There's also this scene in which Guts is haunted by the spirits during his sleep-to cut short, having a nightmare-, and in which Griffith is referred as Femto.

The part where Griffith become the king really just doesnt make sense, at least if the anime reach that point in time he should be wearing berserk armor and calling himself "The Grey Swordsman"... :)

Top Bottom