why didnt Charlotte get pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Nosferatuu said:
i dont think they have abortion methods.

Now now, I'm sure they had something similar to coathangers back then. Or you could just get some herb concoction from the local midwife/healer person out there; they did exist. ;)

Also something important to keep in mind is that pregnancy isn't guaranteed. Just because Griffith and Charlotte had sex doesn't mean she'll automatically without a doubt be pregnant. It doesn't work that way.

And probably the main reason: Miura didn't want it to happen apparently.

Nosferatuu

I'm a llama!
Also something important to keep in mind is that pregnancy isn't guaranteed. Just because Griffith and Charlotte had sex doesn't mean she'll automatically without a doubt be pregnant. It doesn't work that way.

hehe..yep thats true, but never almost never happens(w/o birth control) in fiction.
there are many reasons i can give too: stillborn, miscarriage, murdered by her father, given away.
seems more like a gaping plothole though

Aconyro

REVENGE!
In truth murdered by her father, albiet by beating her, waiting till it was born, etc. seems a realistic course of action, since a severe tramua to an unborn usualy results in death for it. And it fits nicely with the rest of the story. I.E. >:( you're what. you over there. Beat her until the wretched thing is dead. :eek: whack...whack....whack..........whack. :'(

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
kimchan said:

Wow. Sex Ed.
I forget the the average age of the Internet is 12, and might not realize this.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Also, who's to say that Griffith even had intercourse with her. Considering Griffith's past experience with Gennon, it's difficult to guess what he did with Charlotte.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
No I didn't skip that chapter, but just because he was laying on top of her means absolutey nothing. We didn't actually see both of them naked and him lying on top of her.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Really? From what I remember in the anime, you only see them both naked as Griffith was leaving.

oops, I guess I forgot about the part where one of Charlotte's maids looks through the keyhole! My bad :-[!

Aconyro

REVENGE!
So once again even from the anime perspective she gets a beating. Or maybe they just waited a while, sliced her open, sewed her up, and stomped the baby in oblivion. Squish squish squish.

kimchan said:

And probably the main reason: Miura didn't want it to happen apparently.

Maybe Charlotte will get pregant sometime soon that will be a big shock in events by Miura. :eek: Wonder if Griffiths child will be "evil" with powers or something like that. :-\

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
I think Casca's child was actually from Guts. But Femto's special spew turn the child into an abomination that was bron prematurely. Now that Femto is no more, Griffith would probably have a human child with Charolette.

krunkster said:
I think Casca's child was actually from Guts. But Femto's special spew turn the child into an abomination that was bron prematurely. Now that Femto is no more, Griffith would probably have a human child with Charolette.

I believe it was also the brand it should have received that affected the fetus. Do we know if it received it or not? Maybe babies in mother's belly are unreachable, don't know though ::) :-\ ::)

nir085

Horse and Armor
lol, if Charlotte gets pregnant then the ending of Berserk will be delayed for like a decade.

I can't help but wonder if that Demon child will still play a role in Griffith's actions towards Gutts...already we have seen evidence that the Demon Child does have an impact on Griffith, but after that timewe have not heard much about him. However, Griffith has only been around Gutts/Caska once since then also, so maybe we will see that baby in the future...or maybe by some weird chain of supernatural events Griffith will get Charlotte pregnant and it will be Gutts baby that she gives birth to.
Ha, that'll be something to see.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Hate to lower the tone, but we don't exactly know which passage Griffith was raiding :-X

Like other educated people said, unprotected sex doesn't guarantee pregnancy. It's just something your Mom says to ruin your fun ;)

nir085

Horse and Armor
Olivier Hague said:
But Griffith isn't human anymore. ^^;
This is a little bit offtopic but this last comment brings a question to mind (and I apologize if the answer was already given). When Godhand members become "human"...what do they actually become? Are they able to switch back into their Godhand form at will? An apostle form at will? Or do we not know the answer to this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom