Starwars Episode 2 teaser trailer...

OliDaGoalie

it's me, D'a Lurker ;)
Hi everyone,

I just looked at the episode 2 teaser trailer on www.quicktime.com and I'm a little bit scared...
man every background looks too digital ... it looks like a damn videogame!! remember rebel assault!?? :)
ok, maybe it's just me who freaks out, I watched the medium file and I could see some scenes in wich the actors didn't seem to fit well in the background as in the other movies... I don't know... too much...digital.... arrghh!
what's your impressions?

I have to agree, I didn't like Episode 1, but then again I never really found Star Wars to be that special. I do realize that I'm alone in this opinion.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
I saw it on swedish tv yesterday... and I must say that I was amazed at how bad it looked. No interesting cuts. No spectacular backgrounds. I mean it's a teaser trailer for fucks sake! They are supposed to show of the coolest and the best they got... but nothing. Nothing at all. Static camera, uninspiring digital effects. I felt as if I was watching some TV sf show... like stargate the series or something... just so uninspiring.

But yeah... Episode one was hilariously boring and bad, so I guess this should be worse. Only star wars movie that was ever watchable was empire strikes back. I liked that one. And there was some cool moments in the first one... but otherwise, yuck!

Speaking of things like this...

Is anyone but me fearing that lord of the rings will be a huuuuuuuge letdown? I mean face it... since then has hollywood made a good movie lately? So bland, just remakes, no sweat, no real people, no ugly people, jsut artificial commercial shite! Thank hell for hong kong movies!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Lucas is overwhelming these movies with what he wants to be "ground-breaking", enough so that he sacrifices plot and everything else.  This is gonna be the movie that doesn't ever have a real background.... therefor its gonna look terrible... and none of hte characters are gonna "fit".
However I do beleive the plots gonna get a tad better (like it could get worse).  As long as Lucas doesn't "fill" it with useless junk (like that @!^# pod-race- if I have to watch that again I will puke).
As long as Lucas focuses more on plot than special effects, the movie will be decent.  But thats why this trailer's so scary, instead of hinting at some big plot development its another "look what I can do" trailer.

S'not looking good... probably still gonna see it

Is anyone but me fearing that lord of the rings will be a huuuuuuuge letdown? I mean face it... since then has hollywood made a good movie lately? So bland, just remakes, no sweat, no real people, no ugly people, jsut artificial commercial shite! Thank hell for hong kong movies!

Actually, I think this will be quite nice. It SEEMs to be faithful to the books (of what I've heard), and not ALL about the special effects... which is promising. The only fear I have is Liz Tyler (whatever her name is, Steven Tyler's daughter) is in it... and thats never good.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Anyone see The One yet?

is it any good?

I just saw Iron Monkey, and while the dub absolutely stunk (no comparison to the original tho), the action was very cool.
action was cool, everything else was bad.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Nope, haven't seen it yet!

Iron monkey... ah, well... I never was too fond of chop sockey (though I've watched my share) all action, little plot. Quite fun action in that one though. Was that the one with his mother being mistaken for a guy? Or am I confusing it with fong sai yuk? Hell, it's been a while since I watched those.... But I am scared to imagine them dubbed. I mean, the dubbed killer was bad enough! If I hear one more: 'dammit you killed my buddy' I think I am going to convulse... dubbing... *groans*

No, what I really like with HK is present day thrillers. So dirty, so downtrodden, just like US movies used to be in the seventies. Beast Cops. Big heat. Cheap Killers... and too many others to mention. Aaaaaah, Anthony Wong... Simon Yam, now there's real heroes. *grins*

Except Kung Fu Colt Hero!!! Damn, there's chop sockey! Ah, so weird, so bad, so cool.... they even kept the misspelling on the DVD cover. Can it get better?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
The only fear I have is Liz Tyler (whatever her name is, Steven Tyler's daughter) is in it... and thats never good.
Actually her name is Liv Tyler.     ;)
In LoTR she's Arwen, the most beautiful woman in middle-earth. Well she's not the best actor but at least she's good-looking, so maybe she fits in that role.
I mean it's a teaser trailer for fucks sake!
It has to be either a Teaser or a Trailer. However the movie is gonna be the same bullshit as Ep1... a fairy-tale for children.
Is anyone but me fearing that lord of the rings will be a huuuuuuuge letdown? I mean face it... since then has hollywood made a good movie lately?
I don't hope so... the 3 books belong to my favourites. I think the movie will be nice, although you're right hollywood didn't make a good movie for... well i don't remember. it's been a while.    :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think it looks pretty sweet. Im not worried about what happened in Episode 1 carrying over into Episode 2; Lucas is a smart guy, he can learn from his mistakes.

Too much digital? Oh come on people...What, should we go back to poop animatronics or better yet, claymation?

Besides, Episode 2 is sure to be far more dramatic. Episode 1 was merely there to get you into the new characters, and give you a hint of the real plot. Episode 2 is where the real shindig will go down.

Lucas is a smart guy, he can learn from his mistakes.

Jar Jar Binks?  "Attack of the Clones?"   ::)

I expect Episode 2 to be good, regardless. Apparently it'll show just why yoda is called "the master" (he opens a can of whoopass) and have more jedi battles (the fight with Darth Maul was the only redeeming part of Episode 1, imo...though it was annoying how they kept switching to the boringass Gungan/Space/Palace battles)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Besides, Episode 2 is sure to be far more dramatic. Episode 1 was merely there to get you into the new characters, and give you a hint of the real plot. Episode 2 is where the real shindig will go down.

I agree, the Empire Strikes back was (in my opinion) WAY better than the original star wars (episode 4)

However I do beleive the plots gonna get a tad better (like it could get worse).
Worse than what? Episode I probably had the most complex plot of all the saga (of course, that's not saying much, but still)...
But thats why this trailer's so scary, instead of hinting at some big plot development its another "look what I can do" trailer.
It's hard to hint at big plot developments with a few seconds long footage and no sound whatsoever, you know, so this teaser was obviously more "visual" than anything else... ^_^;
It has to be either a Teaser or a Trailer.
It's a teaser, the first one of three.
However the movie is gonna be the same bullshit as Ep1... a fairy-tale for children.
That would be "the same bullshit as other Star Wars movies", I'd say. ^_^;
Jar Jar Binks?
Well, you know, Chewbacca... ^^;
"Attack of the Clones?"
Is it really worse than "The Empire Strikes Back"? ^^

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
Actually her name is Liv Tyler.     ;)
In LoTR she's Arwen, the most beautiful woman in middle-earth. Well she's not the best actor but at least she's good-looking, so maybe she fits in that role.
I wouldn't worry about Ms. Tyler's theatrical ineptitude. The female characters in The Lord of the Rings don't speak much and seemed a little contrived. I don't see why Hollywood would stray from Tolkien too much in this area.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Is it really worse than "The Empire Strikes Back"? ^^
ooooh good call. Its hard to place the mind outside the norm, and view Star Wars in a critical manner. I mean, this is the series that we grew up on, how DARE we attack it!! Heh. Yes now that I think about it, "Return of the Jedi" "Empire Strikes Back"....all are pretty terrible, terrible names for movies.

You know, "Furious Death of Five Exploding Fingers" is also a pretty bad name for an anime episode. Perhaps I'm just cynical.

Tenshin

penis + man butt = happy homo
C A P S... CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!!!!!!!!

that stupid kid that played darth vader needs to die. he ruined episode 1.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Worse than what? Episode I probably had the most complex plot of all the saga (of course, that's not saying much, but still)...
While I did think the political intrigue was interesting, I guess my major problem with the movie's plot was that fuckin' pod-race. It really dragged the movie on. ^_^

It's hard to hint at big plot developments with a few seconds long footage and no sound whatsoever, you know, so this teaser was obviously more "visual" than anything else... ^_^;

didn't realize teasers couldn't have sound ^_^. but even so, its not impossible to include some plot. But then again, this is just the first of many trailors, I'll reserve judgement untill I've seen them. ^_^

Well, you know, Chewbacca... ^^;

Chewbacca (whom I also don't like that much) didn't have any real dialogue... now had he bounced around saying "meesa" ^^;

Is it really worse than "The Empire Strikes Back"?
what it lacked in title is made up for in plot development. lets hope the "clone" movie can do the same.

that stupid kid that played darth vader needs to die. he ruined episode 1.
Fortunately, he didn't have to actually play Darth Vader, but yeah, that was terrible acting... -__-

While I did think the political intrigue was interesting, I guess my major problem with the movie's plot was that fuckin' pod-race.  It really dragged the movie on. ^_^
I have to agree. And it looks like they added a few shots to that race in the DVD edition. -_-;
The whole Tatooine sequence a bit too long, indeed... I guess it would have been better without that kid (or that little Rodian -_-; )... And I'm still missing that scene where Qui-Gon destroys one of Maul's probes. One of my major complaints about that movie is that it never looks like the characters are in danger. That scene would have helped.
didn't realize teasers couldn't have sound ^_^.
Well, that one hasn't. You'll see two new teasers in the next couple of weeks, so that doesn't really matter, does it? ^_^;
But judging the plot after seeing a teaser that is nothing more than a dozens of "stills"... I think it's like complaining about the acting while reading the script: it doesn't really make sense. ^^;
but even so, its not impossible to include some plot.
I think that they just didn't want to. The movie opens in several months, and they didn't want to give too much away (yet)...
Chewbacca (whom I also don't like that much) didn't have any real dialogue...  now had he bounced around saying "meesa" ^^;
I had more problems with the poodoo and fart joke. -__-;

I'm not too informed on Episode 2 because the first one made me want to forget how much it looked and felt like one long awful CG scene from a video game. I guess growing up with the 4-6 trilogy made it classic for me even though the plots are about as interesting as Episode 1's. However, if Boba Fett and/or the Mandalores make an appearance in Episode 2, I must see it. :)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
However, if Boba Fett and/or the Mandalores make an appearance in Episode 2, I must see it. :)

BOBA FETT? REALLY? OOOOOOoohhh :eek:
My childhood hero!!!! ;)
He is, by far, the coolest character in the whole deal. Forget Vader, Boba ruleees. I bet he'd kick Vaders arse if he had to!!!
I might even go watch that movie.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Chewbacca (whom I also don't like that much) didn't have any real dialogue...  now had he bounced around saying "meesa" ^^;
Has anyone seen the Simpsons episode: "Bart Wars". Anyone remembers Chewie in that one?

HA! tsssspfffffhahahahaha    ;D ;D ;D

Looks like there has to be a character you can't take after listening to him for a few minutes in every SW episode. Just think of 3PO from ep 4-6... my gosh.    :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ill really never understand the appeal of Boba Fett...Give me a rational explanation of why he is cool.

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
He's got really kick ass armour, he's a complete badass, and he's mysterious.

Thats all it takes with some people.

There must be Mandalorians in AOTC there was a bit in the first trailer of a door opening and three soldiers in Mandalorian armour.

Isaac

Top Bottom