Berserk, season 2. I hope this is just a rumor....

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
http://www.animeondvd.com/

scroll down to where it says "Anime Central: Media Blasters Info (06:28 AM EST)"

Don updated with more information last night regarding Media Blasters:

"I was not able to attend Media Blaster's panel, but I spoke to someone from Anime News Network (who is an incredible Bust-a-Move (Bubble-Bobble, not dancing) player )). Berserk 2 is in pre-production!! I went to Media Blaster's booth later in the day to ask John Sirabella about this, and he confirmed it. HOWEVER, he stressed that all this meant was that the creative team in Japan was looking into creating more. It's not definite, yet. If this does happen, you would assume that Media Blasters would get first crack at it, though. The ANN guy told me that at the panel, it was mentioned that this new season might not air on Japanese television, due to all of the glorious violence.

I'm hoping on it being bullshit. Even if it's a direct to video release, chances are it'll still be butchered to hell.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Berserk, season 2. I hope this is just a rumor

See my reply on: http://www.skullknight.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=speculation;action=display;num=1016763876

Spike

"AAghh! Get off of me you crazy bitch!" - Bruce C.

TEXT

That's a quote from the animenation website...Even though it's "flossing a dead horse," every time I hear these 'rumors' I still become excited for some reason. ::)

Spike

Doh!!!

<<According to Media Blasters president John Sirabella, the staff of OLM Studios is considering the possibility of creating more Kenpu Denki Berserk animation; however, at present there are no confirmed plans for more Berserk anime.>>

Here's the quote... ::)

BOB

poruno sutâ

shhhh don't let ranemaka know that you're talking about a second season here. :)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."

strange... i'm not getting nervous. I don't feel excited. why not?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

strange... i'm not getting nervous. I don't feel excited. why not?
`Cause it's only rumour, and will not likely happen. Nice sig by the way!

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...

you got it! it's another of those rumours. nothing more.  
however there is desperate hope that stays... :'(

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Oh dear.... Oh dear! :-/ :'( I am scared of the angry man :'(

CnC

Ad Oculos

Thats a game I own it

sounds educational

yet another rumor... who knows? but after about 2 years of this, i'm not getting my hopes up

BOB

poruno sutâ

who knows? but after about 2 years of this, i'm not getting my hopes up

Neither does ranemaka i guess :D :D

i love Internet rumors. Everywhere people know somebody who already has a copy of The two towers, Episode II and spiderman and a simple question if there's gonna be a second season of an anime series turns out to be a lifelong debate, pushing our little fellow ranemaka over the edge.

When will this end?

Are you guys in for a rumor contest?
A friend of mine saw elvis last week. He's a belly dancer in Peru now

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

I'm saving up, and plan on buying hte rights to Berserk, that way I can ensure they'll never be a second season.

Right now I've got about 2 bucks. You wait and see, Berserk will be mine....... I think that's about enough for the escaflowne movie. I'll keep saving, you'll see. Eventualy I'll get there.

CnC

Ad Oculos

not if i get the rights first!!!
i've got 3 bucks... and i just found a quarter on the ground 5 mins ago... boo yah! at this rate i'll have them in no time

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Tragety!!! I forgot about Berserk and spent my money on ice cream, now I have to start over. All my hard work.....

Spike

"OLM Studios is currently early in pre-production on new Berserk animation; however, because the continuing story is so violent, it may not be suitable for Japanese television. If new Berserk animation is created in OAV format, it will almost definitely be much shorter than a typical 26 episode TV series. Surprisingly, Media Blasters also revealed that the translation and distribution license to the 25 episode Berserk was more expensive than the license to the 95 episode Rurouni Kenshin."

That's the newest quote from the animenation website...I guess that both CnC and Wereallmad just weren't quick enough. ;) I still won't believe it until I see it though.

That's the newest quote from the animenation website...
But it doesn't say anything new.
I could write the next article: "There's a good chance the new series will be based on the following volumes of the manga that haven't been adapted yet."
See? I'm an insider!!

But it doesn't say anything new.
I could write the next article: "There's a good chance the new series will be based on the following volumes of the manga that haven't been adapted yet."
See? I'm an insider!!

But Olivier...you ARE an insider! ::)

OLM Studios is currently early in pre-production on new Berserk animation

Meaning of course, that a few Japanese guys got really trashed the other night and thought it'd be funny to make it, despite the rampant cutting of the first show. :D

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

sure hope there's a second season..just wait until the US version pops out and probably that will be under consideration....look at macross....10 years from the original creator to make a second story..... theres still hope......theres still hope

D

Drachenfels

Uhm.... there IS a second season/series in pre-production, and that is official.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Uhm.... there IS a second season/series in pre-production, and that is official.

funny.jpg

Top Bottom