Two things on Everyones mind

I

Inarus

First of all, is this story ever going to end. I do not ask this because I am tired of the story, I am simply worried that I might be an old man before we see an end come to the story. I mean, he started writing this in the early ninties and the story is starting to show some more progress towards some form of conclusion, but it looks like it's a hell of a long way off.
Secondly, is there rumours/talks/thoughts of doing more animated adaptations/episodes?

I guess that is all for now

I suggest you dun post anymore here on this thread... it will be best if you dun look below my post... (I am saving you from a world of grief, you have trigger a litany of flaming post)

M

medievald00d

nice title
turns out nothing in your post was "on my mind"

am i not everyone, or is your title stupid?

I

Inarus

stupid like a fox

Sorry man, next time I'll try to include info on how to please your man in the sack, so sorry, it'll never happen again.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, you're an idiot. Go away. Nevermind, I'm deleting your account. Bye.

-Griffith

P.S. Told ya'.

B

Beave

I dunno why you're all being so harsh-- when the story might end, is that ever going to happen is a valid question that has occured to me. I love it all too, but yeah... a "story arc" is also nice, which means it builds towards a climax of sorts.

As for the age old 2nd season question, eh.. sure it gets asked a lot, but so? People/newbies are curious. We should have some sort of sticky on the topic, where people can just look at it and not have to post on the subject.

Anways... I dont' get why everyone was so harsh.

Whatever.

nir085

Horse and Armor
True, but at least this sets an example. This thread should be pinned so that newbies actually read the faq before posting. Or they should at least accumulate a certain number of posts if they are going to start a thread in a board this big, unless it's in Shootin' the breeze or something.

Besides, it's not that harsh (unless his ip was banned). He can't post anymore but it's not like he had much to contribute anyways.

Just change the way this forum works so that you need like 20 posts to post a new topic. That's what they do over at the hawks forum. But, then again, this is obviously not the hawks.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Jesus its not that bad everyone. He only had like 5 posts; he could just make a new account.

Dont be tree-hugging hippies everyone >:(.

B

Beave

Look, being considerate and polite has nothing to do with being a "tree hugging hippie." >:(

Mostly, it's just that this board has no set of "rules" that apply to this sort of thing. No stickies with appropriate headings, etc leading newbies to the appropriate "newbie" answers they all want, and giving them a sense of what we don't want them to post. That's all. Why not help newbies be less annoying, so we can all enjoy the rest of our time here more? There are basic questions that newbies wanna know, and we don't discuss them here that much because we all know the answers already.

And sure, you could have a "post count requirement" for starting a new topic, but that never made any sense to me personally. It pushes people away. And getting a new influx of people is what makes boards interesting. When they come here in the beginning, they have lots of questions and are really excited about Berserk. Having to wait for 10-20, or even 5 posts, before you can write a new topic is very ....deflating. That's all. It makes you not want to stay around and makes you feel not welcome.

People want to know about a second season. People want to know where you can find scans, which whatever anyone else says is really, really hard to do. They are common questions. Questions which I once had too. I think the guy was asking fine, legit questions. Newbie type questions, but fine ones.

I just thought deleting his account, which it seems like what was done, was an overreaction, IMO-- it makes people feel unsafe about posting topics, if that is the sort of "infringement" one would get banned for. But hey, I don't admin this board, so whatever. Just my opinion.

DarkBlademaster

But if you havn't realized by now, this is a *conservative* board. Change is evil here. If newbs dont want to be banned, then dont be stupid.

B

Beave

DemonX said:
But if you havn't realized by now, this is a *conservative* board. Change is evil here. If newbs dont want to be banned, then dont be stupid.

I think it is one of the dorkiest things I've ever heard to actually have someone brag about "Change being evil" and how conservative they are. Could you please be more small minded?

I know it's all small fry stuff, but ::ugh:: comments like that just irk me. :(

Basically, I just think that your definition of what entails being "stupid" lacks... a critical mind in and of itself, but hey-- it's not that important to me. ::sigh:: Just irksome.

DemonX said:

How are newbs suppose not to act "stupid". The definition of stupid on this board seems to be not asking acans and about a second season but how is a newb suppose to know that if their isn't a sticky rule where they can read and know not to ask those questions to avoid being flamed.

Now I regret not posting earlier on this thread and telling him what he wanted to know and also telll him what he posted was "wrong" for him to avoid being flame oh well. :-\

nir085

Horse and Armor
Yeah, some newbie guide should definitely be posted in one of the forums, preferably FAQ Q&A.

lol, the guy could have at least been smart enough to put this thread in a more appropriate forum than speculation nation though...

DarkBlademaster

ZODDGUTS said:
How are newbs suppose not to act "stupid". The definition of stupid on this board seems to be not asking acans and about a second season but how is a newb suppose to know that if their isn't a sticky rule where they can read and know not to ask those questions to avoid being flamed.

Well they should observe what is happening in the other posts. And if they dont, its like running in an active warzone. Hehe... Skullknight.net a warzone...

I think it is one of the dorkiest things I've ever heard to actually have someone brag about "Change being evil" and how conservative they are. Could you please be more small minded?

I was talking about the whole board smart guy. Can YOU please be less small minded?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I just want to say, that when I got here a few years ago, I had NO clue about the whole "world of berserk"...but thanks 2 u guys Ived been informed and "guided" to understand more about the whole story, mangas, anime version, etc. For all newbies out there, Im sure that they have no idea in what questions to ask and how to say it... And Im pretty sure that most of the people here started the same way...

I dont mean to start an argument but I guess that the same way that I am gratefull for being here and being able to get an answer 2 all my questions, would b the same way for anybody that comes to this web-site...after all.....why are we all here???

B

Beave

Quote by me:

Response from Demon X:
I was talking about the whole board smart guy. Can YOU please be less small minded?

Look, I apologize for calling you small minded. It was uncalled for.

My point is simply that YOU are saying what YOU think, but calling it fact-- namely that you think this board is conservative and that we think "Change is evil". However, as is evidenced from other people posting on this thread, and a number of other threads I have read in the past, this board is, IMO, far more open than you think.

There are conservative people here, as in many boards, and perhaps you are among them and happy you are among them. Which is fine. There are others who are more open.

I simply don't enjoy seeing newbies, or anyone, get flamed. I find it cruel and unneccesary-- as an appropriately placed sticky of some sort would greatly decrease the silly number of things newbies do. Perhaps some people like flaming newbies. I dunno. Maybe you are one of those people, or maybe you are not. Simply put though, I don't care whether someone has posted 5 or 500 times-- that is not how I judge a person's worth. That's all.

I think it's idiot to think that there's a minimal post for starting threads... look at Xenchnao for exemple... he's go so many post now.. he's reaching 1000 and he's here since last summer, i was here before him and just look at the number of posts i have.. there's a lot of people who just post when they have something smart to say...

nir085

Horse and Armor
Right but by minimal people usually mean a small number of intelligent posts, such as 10-20, rather than a 100. In which case it isn't at all a bad idea.

DarkBlademaster

Doppelganger said:
Quote by me:

Response from Demon X:

Look, I apologize for calling you small minded. It was uncalled for.

My point is simply that YOU are saying what YOU think, but calling it fact-- namely that you think this board is conservative and that we think "Change is evil". However, as is evidenced from other people posting on this thread, and a number of other threads I have read in the past, this board is, IMO, far more open than you think.

There are conservative people here, as in many boards, and perhaps you are among them and happy you are among them. Which is fine. There are others who are more open.

I simply don't enjoy seeing newbies, or anyone, get flamed. I find it cruel and unneccesary-- as an appropriately placed sticky of some sort would greatly decrease the silly number of things newbies do. Perhaps some people like flaming newbies. I dunno. Maybe you are one of those people, or maybe you are not. Simply put though, I don't care whether someone has posted 5 or 500 times-- that is not how I judge a person's worth. That's all.

Ok, Im just gonna stop right here, and not post anything, before this thread turns into another chapter 237 thread. You win, game over.

As for the posting threads thing, i think we should take that all out alltogeather, and replace it with a computer to post the threads for us, and have us just type it in a little box and send the message to the computer to post up ;D. Sounds like a plan, right? ;D

B

Beave

The problem with doing and not having any stickies as well is that after they post the required amount-- 10 or so, let's say-- they're still going to have the same ol' questions that they would have had in the first place-- namely, scans and the second season. Since we don't talk about those things much, it's more than likely they wouldn't get answered passively for them.

I'm not particularly against such a requirement, although I'm not really for it either. I simply don't feel like it would really solve the problem questions one gets from newbies. Besides which, it turns people away when they have those really burning questions at the beginning, which is often when they want to ask and get involved in the board.

Also, it's not as if posting here a lot somehow cures people of stupidity or obnoxiousness. There are still lots of dumb/ pointless/ annoying posts done by people who have been around for a while.

DarkBlademaster

Thats true. In fact, newbs wont create a new post, they will probably inturrupt a post like a chapter summery to ask their questions and ruin it. (example: chapter 237 thread)

Well, I believe there is a chance BERSERK could be having 5 more years.
Taka no Dan took around 5 years and 1000 pages; BlackSwordsman the same or slightly a bit more.
If we think that the berserker armour period could be the last one judging from the title of the manga (BERSERK) but mostly also from the story and it's momentum on the grounds of the way and style of Miura's built up, I would give it 5 more years.
Well, this is as far as human Guts goes and the way we know him. That is, maybe more stories will be made in the BERSERK universe but as far as this one goes, it makes a bit of sense IMHO to think that, right now, we are in the beginning of the last part of a trilogy.
Personally, if it is like this, I would wish for a bit more. Maybe GH won't be estinguished in the end of this story and more wars among Shielke and the demons could be narrated, till a conclusion of the BERSERK world the way it is now. But then, maybe, Miura could also not conclude it and retain the demons concept for more millenia, even to a more technological setting, one similar of our own.
Actually I have no idea but I believe it is fun to stay tunned with him and see.
Anyway, all I said so far about the story is speculation. Don't take serious my words except for the last sentence, that in any way you put it, the final sentence to make will always be this one I guess. So long for now ;)

Top Bottom