Puck = Elf king?

I'm really curious to see how puck's character is developed. because i don't quite remember where i saw him mention it but didn't puck proclaim himself the king of the chestnut? and in the latest chapter the other elf made a reference to not believing that the king of that chestnut was so powerful. it made me think that the second elf must not have a lot of respect for him. could puck be lying about why he left elfhelm? could he be the king of elfhelm and this would set up Guts up for disappointment when he reaches the homeland? i'm sure this theory has a bunch of holes, but it's food for thought, and ravaging theorists... ;D

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Maybe he's the prince?

Maybe he thinks he king and they had to get rid of him?

Maybe everyone is king of whatever particular object they want to be king of?

Or maybe, just maybe, puck's on vacation from being king and he'll take his throne back from his advisor when he gets there.

Edit: (No mockery intended)

kkempter said:
I'm really curious to see how puck's character is developed. because i don't quite remember where i saw him mention it but didn't puck proclaim himself the king of the chestnut? and in the latest chapter the other elf made a reference to not believing that the king of that chestnut was so powerful. it made me think that the second elf must not have a lot of respect for him. could puck be lying about why he left elfhelm? could he be the king of elfhelm and this would set up gatts up for disappointment when he reaches the homeland? i'm sure this theory has a bunch of holes, but it's food for thought, and ravaging theorists... ;D

Hah you had the same theory that I did when I read the trans for the ch 237. But now that I think about I'm not sure if he is :-\. But it be one heck of a curve ball thrown by muira if puck indeed is the king. :eek:

nir085

Horse and Armor
The way I see it, now that Flora is dead and SK is just a lone struggler who drops off plot hints every now and then, there needs to be some new mentor who can educate Gutts and his party on new causality info. and the latest Godhand news.

Puck cannot fill that role.

How many people would actually take the story as seriously as they did before if that happened? I'd rather Puck remain as the silly, bumbling elf that he is and just develop normally as a character instead of there being some HUGE and very unprecedented plot twist. That way at least he can be like the rest of the party, who all come from common origins (minus Farneze).

It would be funny if he was a prince, but there have been no plot points to hint at any such thing, so it would be kind of dumb for Puck to have any kind of high status in Elfhelm.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I wouldn't be suprised though if puck was some kind of outcast to his kind, that he was accused for somthing and the elves wont welcome him again in open arms...

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Naw, never, notin millions o years, i ain't gon see it. OO-kay. Yea, I guess, he coulda be-uh the idiot of them there village-uh. SMACK. No, he's the elf king, we all know advisors are the real power behind most thrones. SMACK. Help. Can't decide. Must stop thinking. Brain hurts too much.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I suspect Puck was exiled, for his never-ending curiosity about humans.

Humans used to believe in the elves and fairies, which made them a strong race. Strong enough, perhaps, to stave off the depredations of eeevill.

Now humans believe in a false god-a marionette for the evil forces the elves were once opposed to. Moreover, humans have begun to doubt elves' exsitance due to the false teachings of a misinformed clergy. In such a situation, it is likely that the elves felt resentment and antipathy toward humans, so much so that they do not even want to think about them ("if we stop believing in you, maybe you'll disappear!") Puck's incessant interest in humans might well have made him a pariah among his people, so much so that the Fairy King may not only refuse to help him, but sentence him to prison..or worse.

Bloody Needle

I'm a llama!
Perhaps things will parallel "A Midsummer's Night's Dream," with Puck matching the role of his namesake as a well-placed, but barely tolerable, nuisance in fairy society. Sort of like a court jester.

I profoundly doubt he'll be the Elf-King himself, although I could certainly imagine him as a wayward son (or something akin) to the latter.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
Herald of Yama said:
Now humans believe in a false god-a marionette for the evil forces the elves were once opposed to. Moreover, humans have begun to doubt elves' exsitance due to the false teachings of a misinformed clergy. In such a situation, it is likely that the elves felt resentment and antipathy toward humans, so much so that they do not even want to think about them ("if we stop believing in you, maybe you'll disappear!") Puck's incessant interest in humans might well have made him a pariah among his people, so much so that the Fairy King may not only refuse to help him, but sentence him to prison..or worse.

it's a nice theory, except perhaps for the mages that happen to live there.

Have you people noticed in chapter 200 page13 ? The lower right panel when Puck keep repeating "how nostalgic", "sweet memories" ? We see Puck stealing something to a wizard...

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
BEWARE !!! SPOILER!!!​

You can stop to guess, I have seen a preview of chapter 999.
It will be revelead that Puck is really...
mxyzptlk.jpg

Did you not noticed that he never says his name backwards?
:p ;D

Herald of Yama said:
I suspect Puck was exiled, for his never-ending curiosity about humans.

Humans used to believe in the elves and fairies, which made them a strong race. Strong enough, perhaps, to stave off the depredations of eeevill.

Interesting point of view you have there.

M

medievald00d

roberto999 said:
Did you not noticed that he never says his name backwards?
:p ;D
thats because his name backwards would be pronounced as Cup or Cap, depending on how you pronounce it...

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Interesting theorys. I would picture puck exiled from elfhelm mainly because he is too... human. Maybe all elves aren't like that? Kinda like the dwarves in LOTR, they hide and they dont wan't anything to do with the outside world. Like in the children of the lost arc, when all those faries came out of that tree, they didn't seem to to do anything about the "imposters". They just hid there and flew away. The only reason why Everella is different... kinda... is because she has never been to elf helm, and probably lived with flora all her life.

DemonX said:
The only reason why Everella is different... kinda... is because she has never been to elf helm, and probably lived with flora all her life.

Yeah she had been abducted from Elfhelm by Flora

[quote author=DemonX]Like in the children of the lost arc, when all those faries came out of that tree, they didn't seem to to do anything about the "imposters".
I don't believe that these fairies were really there. I considered them as Puck's imagination all the time. A kind of trace that they left behind, impersoned by Puck's imagination.

Top Bottom