Why the two worlds merge

Ok, here is what I thought (don't know if it has allready been stated, so forgive me if it allready is)

The answer is pretty simple in fact, maybe simpler than one could ever think of: because people have more belief.

With the coming of the hawk, a 1000 year old legend, prophecy and myth is manifestated in the eyes of people (Griffith) so with this event people obtain more belief to myth and legend. By the arrival of the hawk and more believing of people, beliefs to myths become more solid thus people could be able to see elves again for example.

I' ll stop over here (you got the point anyway) because some people might find this BS and so I spare saying more. Anyway what do you think?

nir085

Horse and Armor
I don't think belief alone caused the two worlds to merge. It was basically desire. Griffith, like Idea, came into being as an evil savior just because people are innately evil and they always desire a savior. People don't care about the means at which victory is obtained, they only care about the victory itself. When it comes to seeing elves, I'm pretty sure that pretty much everyone who doesn't believe in religion can see them.

hehe, that belief linked to existence concept reminds me of that Merlin movie/miniseries that appeared on TV many years ago. The only way Merlin defeated his evil creator was simply by not believing in her. If only Berserk was that simple =)

nir085 said:
I don't think belief alone caused the two worlds to merge. It was basically desire. Griffith, like Idea, came into being as an evil savior just because people are innately evil and they always desire a savior. People don't care about the means at which victory is obtained, they only care about the victory itself. When it comes to seeing elves, I'm pretty sure that pretty much everyone who doesn't believe in religion can see them.

hehe, that belief linked to existence concept reminds me of that Merlin movie/miniseries that appeared on TV many years ago. The only way Merlin defeated his evil creator was simply by not believing in her. If only Berserk was that simple =)

Actually our points are the same thing. Name it desire on the far plan (idea and such), belief on the short end ( seeing elves and spirits provoked by Griffith's(Hawk's) renewal of belief to myths and prophecies).

I believed (and I could be wrong) that the 2 worlds merging together when Griffith was reborn was largely because such a powerful being like a godhand coming back to earth indefinitely would simply fuck the balance of the 2 worlds up.

Sparnage said:
I believed (and I could be wrong) that the 2 worlds merging together when Griffith was reborn was largely because such a powerful being like a godhand coming back to earth indefinitely would simply fuck the balance of the 2 worlds up.

I was believing the same thing. A couple of moons ago it stroke me this new idea. Guess got influenced by the ocean, but nevermind: I prefer it to the old one (seems more "explainable" with the BERSERK universe laws we allready know).

Granted, berserk logic is heavily revolved around ones idea and belief make things in the spiritual world exist and so forth, after all it was because everyone thought that if they didnt kill caska bad things were going to continue to happen, revolved around anger and fear and such.
After Griffith came back though things like Qliphoth and other things from the spirit realm started coming into the normal world, yet there was not too many people who knew about the second eclipse or rather lived to know about such ideas or beliefs because most of them died when it happened.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I think the various layers of reality are beginning to compress together because of Idea's goal to transcend the demiurge and become a full-fledged god. It was created by the stream of the subconcious to be the desired evil. This alone would grant it immeasurable power. But power is chafing to those who weild it for a will external to themselves, even if it is their own will. So Idea began the process of unifying reality to act as its body with the stream of the subconcious acting as its lifeblood. This is why it took the shape of a GIANT HEART. Once its plan is complete, Idea will be reality itself. whether or not it chooses to create an ideal universe for itself after the fact is a different speculation altogether...

I

Italian_demon

Herald of Yama said:
I think the various layers of reality are beginning to compress together because of Idea's goal to transcend the demiurge and become a full-fledged god. It was created by the stream of the subconcious to be the desired evil. This alone would grant it immeasurable power. But power is chafing to those who weild it for a will external to themselves, even if it is their own will. So Idea began the process of unifying reality to act as its body with the stream of the subconcious acting as its lifeblood. This is why it took the shape of a GIANT HEART. Once its plan is complete, Idea will be reality itself. whether or not it chooses to create an ideal universe for itself after the fact is a different speculation altogether...

Well i noticed that noone mentioned the two entities that gave to Griffit the chance to Reborn as the destinated to dominate the new World!
If i'm not wrong the Egg Apostole sacrified himself to realize his Dream: to be the creation of a new world!
This i think is the Key that opened the door to the One that actually is able to do that => Griffit and his human body comes as we know from the soon of GUts and Caska that is still alive someway inside Griffit!
If you remember when Griffit and Guts meet again and Caska is in danger Griffit promptly save her and then we see him speaking with the "Demon child" inside himself!
I think that this child could make a new intervent when GUts and Griffit will meet again... Could he be the Key of victory for GUts?

We'll see ;)

atomsk

It's him! It's the real pirate king!
The interesting thing to me is that according to Plato, there are 3 worlds. The four kings, the vortex of souls and Idea are in the third world. Now, we haven't really seen the third world merge into Berserk yet, but if Miura's following Plato's logic (which seems to be the case) things might get mighty interesting if the third world merges as well.

I

Italian_demon

Herald of Yama said:

I've read the lost Chapter again, and now i see your point very interesting, i think this could be the sense of what's happening in Berserk, so Idea could be considered the Destiny and someone else is opposing to it?
Guts, SK, FLORA... maybe Elf's King?

Top Bottom