Who else thinks this is coming?

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I think that after an arduous journey to elfhelm Caska will be cured. But she will make a decision to follow the Hawk. Guts will then have to make a very tough choice. He will decide to kill the woman he loves and Griffith.

It is just a feeling that I have. Because nothing ever works out happy in Berserk.

Miura likes to keep Guts miserable. ;)

Certainly does, but I personally dont she would follow him after that.
Skull knight said that what Guts wishes for may not be what she wishes for, I can only assume that means she might not be happy with all the stuff that has happened if she comes back to normal.

I agree that it might not work out to Guts expectations inevitably leading to more pain of sorts, but I dont think she will decide to follow Griffith after all thats happened.
If she does make such a stupid choice will lose all respect for her character from then on.

I don't think this will happen... Caska is a smart girl. It's true about keeping Guts miserable but after everything she lived... I think Miura will make an mistake by making her going with Griffith..

nir085

Horse and Armor
It would be pretty pointless for Caska to just die after she has been Guts' sole motivation and the only person who he's really protected for over 10 volumes...

If Caska does die, then Guts will need some other value in life. That other value could possibly be the new kid and/or his other friends, but I still highly doubt this possibility.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
Caska being Guts' sole motivation is the exact reason I think she will join with Griffith. It will completely crush him and give him no reason to go on. It is just what Miura likes to happen. You gotta take a characters happiness away. ;)

nir085

Horse and Armor
Oh wait, you meant Caska joining the BOTH and Guts planning on killing Griffith and Caska. I misread that, I thought you meant that Guts would kill Caska, not plan on killing her.

If something like that happened, that would make the story more interesting but way too deep...Ganishka at least should be taken out of the picture before that.

But yeah, I doubt that happening too. First of all, Griffith already has his girl - Charlotte - so he does not really need Caska for anything. Besides...Caska knows that Griffith is evil. When Femto raped her, she said "Griffith...?" then cried. And she wasn't too happy either when she witnessed Judeau and Pippin's deaths...

Maybe when Caska gets cured she will just be domesticated in Elfhelm, until Griffith's band attacks the place.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well i kinda think about this alot, what would happen? There are tones of possibilities, some of them too stupid for miura to even consider.

Kill caska

More then half of the story becomes pointless if she dies right then. I mean, I know guts stays misrable and all, but theres always SOME kind of hope, right?

Caska joins griffith

Now this ones just plain weird. Can you imagine, being betrayed, raped, and your love losing an arm and an eye and then later allying yourself with the basterd who did it? Not even possible.

Caska becomes even more crazy

This sounds more logical. I mean, then she will realize everything that has happened up to that point, and it will really fuck her up. I mean, right now, she barely knows english (or jap, or any other language that they speak in the berserk world), and she just understands a couple things, Guts= bad, and Lost child and the rest of the party=good, alot with a couple other animalistic reactions. And then all of a sudden, she remembers everything, and then realizes the love of her life is not even himself anymore, and her OTHER love raped her and is now some kind of monster, and she gave birth to a deformed child because of him, etc. Wouldn't she just stay crazy, just now she understands how to talk and maybe, just maybe, love gutts again?

Caska acts as a normal person and is able to fight with the rest of the squad until Griffith or someone else kidnaps her

Now i like this one. This will give the story a big goal inbetween, and give it some storyline after caska gets her thoughts back. I mean, does guts really have a sure goal/plan after caska becomes sane again?

Of course theres always the chance of caska stays stupid the whole series... but that would be kinda pointless to have an insane girl who cant even understand guts following him around the whole time...

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Like what most people have said already, I don't see Caska joining Griffith's army nor do I see Guts killing her if she were to do so. If she were to be cured, she would have to deal with the pain of what happened to her and also the realization that the world that she once knew has completely changed. Granted, she was there to witness the eclipse and see many apostles, but I don't think she's really realized that the world is filled with these monsters roaming around. The eclipse most likely will give her a fear over apostles since they did murder all of her friends and comrades. Given that, if she were to find out that Griffith's new army consisted of all these apostles who may be the same ones that killed many of the old BoTH members, I highly doubt she would join him.

Regarding Guts ever killing Caska, so far he's been fighting the Beast from trying to kill her and for him to give up that fight would be unlike his character. His love for her is still there and that's why he wants to cure Caska so he can have the strong woman he fell in love with. Killing her would just render his years of struggling to keep her alive pointless.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how these later chapters play out with the addition of the child. I feel that he will play a big role in the story for both Guts and Caska.

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
i doubt caska would ever join Griffith after his trecherous deeds. (ie. trying to sacrifice her and guts, raping her, basically being the piece of shit he is)
Its more likely that she'll be cured and revert to her old self once again. At least thats whats being hinted at in the manga it seems.

Now caska becoming super strong because of her brand like Guts would be damn sweet. a dynamic asswhoop duo....would be nice if Guts cuts Griffiths head of while Caska castrates the fucker... ah well i can dream can't I?

DarkBlademaster

The_Fetus_Ninja said:
Now caska becoming super strong because of her brand like Guts would be damn sweet. a dynamic asswhoop duo....would be nice if Guts cuts Griffiths head of while Caska castrates the fucker... ah well i can dream can't I?

Miura will probably give caska somthing like sep's cheap ass shit wind sword.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Kakkoii_Guts said:
Caska being Guts' sole motivation is the exact reason I think she will join with Griffith. It will completely crush him and give him no reason to go on. It is just what Miura likes to happen. You gotta take a characters happiness away. ;)
Like the eclipse right? jejeje

Quite Frankly... I see very doubtfull for her to join Griffith IF she's in a normal mental condition...
What keeps me in suspence with the whole Caska deal, was when she was going to be raped by the 3 guys and she actually had a flashback of the eclipse and torn them to pieces... now THAT has to mean something...

It means that she hasn't lost her touch :p

Well, you all talk about the aspect of Caskca's actions after her sanity returns what about the physical appearance?

Hmm I think that if Caskca does go back to herself as a sane person....she will cut her hair....Just the Jap. idea to cut hair when they bury feelings in the past. I mean by cutting her hair it will be symbolic of cutting emotional ties with Griff. Now that she can see clearly what Griff is.

Any takers

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
KC said:
Hmm I think that if Caskca does go back to herself as a sane person....she will cut her hair....Just the Jap. idea to cut hair when they bury feelings in the past. I mean by cutting her hair it will be symbolic of cutting emotional ties with Griff. Now that she can see clearly what Griff is.

Any takers

I could definitely see that. The only two times we see her with long hair pre-eclipse were when she was a young girl before joining the old BoTH and in Griffith's dream of a domesticated Caska. Of course, this is all assuming that she gets cured and will want to fight alongside Guts and company. If she decides to stay in Elfhem after being cured, I could see her keeping the hair long, but the short hair is probably more likely.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Miyu said:
I could definitely see that. The only two times we see her with long hair pre-eclipse were when she was a young girl before joining the old BoTH and in Griffith's dream of a domesticated Caska. Of course, this is all assuming that she gets cured and will want to fight alongside Guts and company. If she decides to stay in Elfhem after being cured, I could see her keeping the hair long, but the short hair is probably more likely.
and if thats the case...will Guts let her fight allong side with him?...
but off course, I guess Im going way to far with this one... ;D

DarkBlademaster

If she ever does travel with gutts and fight by him, it will be an added complication because if she ever gets in trouble he will try to help her making his job a lot harder

nir085

Horse and Armor
Not necessarily. She was supposedly the 3rd strongest member of the Hawks and since Judeau/Pippin were able to fight the Apostles, why can't she? She can't be weaker than Isidro anyways. Besides, she's got armor.

DarkBlademaster

nir085 said:
Not necessarily. She was supposedly the 3rd strongest member of the Hawks and since Judeau/Pippin were able to fight the Apostles, why can't she? She can't be weaker than Isidro anyways. Besides, she's got armor.

But fighting humans and fighting monsters and apostles are 2 different things. She may have been the 3rd strongest member of the hawks, but the only people that actully survived the eclipes at all were the 3 strongest members, putting aside the fact that griffith didn't really need to "survive". The only other hawk alive is rickert, but he wasn't really there. And yes, Isidro is weak, but I dont think gutts will be too worried on saving isidro's ass. You could leave that to seprico or somthing. However he would be there to help caska EVEN when she doesn't need help.

I when they say Caska is the third best compared to Guts and Griffith they mean in terms of fighting ability and swordplay, I mean she couldnt possibly be as strong as Pippin.

Femuth-Black Hawk

Guts...?..Love...?...Why?.....
I personally think ,that when Caska get cured in Elfhelm she can´t remember anything(also that she was a member of the Hawks).Surely it can be that she can´t remember Guts,too.I think that will be the disadvantage of the Healing.But gradual her memory will come back(perhaps when Guts will confront with Griffith).And I also think that Guts will probably not sure to tell her before that she got raped by Griffith(Femto).

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
DemonX said:
But fighting humans and fighting monsters and apostles are 2 different things. She may have been the 3rd strongest member of the hawks, but the only people that actully survived the eclipes at all were the 3 strongest members, putting aside the fact that griffith didn't really need to "survive". The only other hawk alive is rickert, but he wasn't really there. And yes, Isidro is weak, but I dont think gutts will be too worried on saving isidro's ass. You could leave that to seprico or somthing. However he would be there to help caska EVEN when she doesn't need help.

I agree... there's no doubt that she could put a good fight. But the fact is, if Guts can barelly stand agaisnt them... well it would be worse for her. But I dont mean to skip like 3 steps for this conclusion...lets just wait for them to get there ;)

DemonX said:
And yes, Isidro is weak, but I dont think gutts will be too worried on saving isidro's ass. You could leave that to seprico or somthing.

I think you're wrong. I think you missed the point of Guts evolving from the Black Swordsman, consumed in hatred and only thinking of wielding his sword, to Guts the "leader" of his small band. Wasn't it Guts himself who compared his current companions to the past Hawks? I think he has got "feelings" not only for Casca, but for the others as well. Just look at the last chapters and his behavior towards Schierke! I don't think it's the same guy that the one who was taking Theresia as a shield a few years ago! That's why I personally am sure that Guts would care about saving Isidro's ass.

Top Bottom