Secret Project Episode III: Timeline

Wow, very nice! :eek:

I have two comments:
1) If you're interested, I have done this image for the DC Game, resized with the official Timeline Size:
DC2.jpg

But I wasn't really able to color it the way you did... :-[
DC1.jpg

2) As far as I'm concerned, I think the years system is not the most easily understandable. For example the transition between year (-3) and year (-2), I somehow think that you don't realize that a year has passed between the Duel and Guts' return?!? So I think maybe you could put slightly different colors to differentiate the different years, and then center the "date". I did some ->sketch<- to show you what I mean. But maybe it is clear enough already, I don't know, I am not very satisfied of this method as well... :-\ Maybe in fact it's better to leave the year where it is, but just change a bit the color, because when there is more than two images during a year, you don't have the "date" displayed on-screen when the transition between two years occurs. Anyway, this sitaution occurs only one or two time so it's not very important. However I hope the main idea of what I wanted to say is somehow understandable. ::)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
1) If you're interested, I have done this image for the DC Game, resized with the official Timeline Size:
Thanks but, I'm going to keep looking for the best image for the game, no offense.
2) As far as I'm concerned, I think the years system is not the most easily understandable ... when there is more than two images during a year, you don't have the "date" displayed on-screen when the transition between two years occurs.
The timeline isn't so much for understanding the present as it is the past. And I will not impose an arbitrary time (Jan-Mar, Year 0, for example) until Miura makes it explicitly clear (as he has before) there is a jump. There really isn't much of a case for arguing that current events seeming to jumble together in the year "0" until he does so.

Well, I've already commented on it (excellent), but I noticed an error in your CSS code (didn't say so because you'd make fun of me for using ALTERNATIVE WEB BROWSERS ;) )

In all of the rules, you have position: center which isn't the correct usage, since position is used to determine where the box elements and formatting go. This causes the text to jumble up later down the line. Change the position to text-align, refresh the page, and it's perfect.

And CSS compliant. ;D

edit: Also, put a left-margin and right-margin of about .25em, that way the content doesn't feel so condensed.

Walter said:
Thanks but, I'm going to keep looking for the best image for the game, no offense.
No problem, I'll try to find this best image, too. ;D

Walter said:
The timeline isn't so much for understanding the present as it is the past. And I will not impose an arbitrary time (Jan-Mar, Year 0, for example) until Miura makes it explicitly clear (as he has before) there is a jump. There really isn't much of a case for arguing that current events seeming to jumble together in the year "0" until he does so.
Alright then, I must agree that anyway Miura is pretty "vague" on the details of the timing of the events. So I guess trying to be totally clear on the "dates" is indeed not really necessary. ::)

M

medievald00d

I'm curious. Should year 0 be when griffith is reincarnated or when he becomes godhand?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
pheonixfenix said:
I'm curious. Should year 0 be when griffith is reincarnated or when he becomes godhand?
Reincarnated, as it says in the timeline.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Look like i should PM you regarding the updates
Yeah. Thanks for reminding me to update the useless news secton on the front page. Really.

Walter said:
Yeah. Thanks for reminding me to update the useless news secton on the front page. Really.

Well it is nothing, but just a bit old that why i remind you, look like you are busy recently :p

http://www.darktitan.net/bullshit/sk/timeline.php

The timeline, done in PHP/MySQL.

There's no formatting on it, but it would be easy to add your CSS later.

I did this in about 10 minutes (mostly debugging HTML output), and if you wanted to use it, I could make a small front end for adding/modifying the data.

Enjoy :)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Cronus said:
http://www.darktitan.net/bullshit/sk/timeline.php

The timeline, done in PHP/MySQL.

There's no formatting on it, but it would be easy to add your CSS later.

I did this in about 10 minutes (mostly debugging HTML output), and if you wanted to use it, I could make a small front end for adding/modifying the data.

Enjoy :)

Simply amazing

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:
Simply amazing
It is indeed very impressive if you understand the potential of PHP. I pray you're not being sarcastic, as I have a strong feeling you are...

reading this timeline reminds me of all the things still uncertain about berserk...ah well

still, it's great work! congratulations Walter!

Walter said:
Uh, what's wrong with it?
Don't get me wrong, its awesome. You did a damn good job. I just meant like one that scrolls in the flash player and when you select and event it gives much more detail. But you can leave it, I still marvel at the great job you did.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
I was there earlier today and noticed that, too.  I can't really read much but the setup looked really similar to Walter's.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, I stole it from Skully. He'd be proud =). The oooooold (~1999) timeline can be viewed here, but I really don't recommend it.

http://skullknight.net/bsom/misc_files/timeline.html

Top Bottom