Guts pain, average death count.

Ok I recently read through Berserk again but this time I decided to make a little list estimating how many normal grown men would die during Guts adventures whenever he gets decently hurt.

Now before anyone starts talking about how inaccurate this is I'll say now that I dont think these are close to accurate, just a little estimation for people to ponder on.

Now first up;
Guts torcher in the first chapter of the first volume, seeing it went to the point that even he could bearly move afterwards until puck healed him at least 3 people were killed during that, seeing we cant see the details of the whole thing I will estimate 3.

The snake baron knocking him around 4 or 5 times, the apostle himself admits that a normal man would have had his insides crushed after first impact then the fact that he pushes his body shortly afterwards in order to kill him with one swing, now putting ones damaged body under that much stress when it is so hurt can make things alot worse, so ill put down 4.

When sprits first attack him in chapter 2, he probably wasnt too hurt from them but he opens old wounds which is never good, so with his wounds ill say 1

Wounds from dead Colette and other undead soldiers, already in bad condition: 2.

Zondark bothering Guts as a demon on two occasions: 2

all the times he was slammed into walls by the count....and the severe neck injury he probably got from holding the dragon slayer in his mouth: 6

From brand pain and slammed into cement post by femto: 2

Onto when Guts first gets real injuries as a child when he kills Gambino and falls down the cliff with a arrow inside of him: 4

When he first stabbed right near the heart by Griffith: 2

Second fight with Griffith: 1

Smacked around by Nosferatu Zodd: 3

Tries to save Caska, gets shot with a arrow then falls into the river: 1

Hundred men slaying: 4

Bitchslapped around the woods by wild: 6

The eclipse: many deaths for losing a arm, eye, reopening old wounds, getting a heap of new ones, bitchslapped by apostles for ages and smacking his tailbone along the cliff for ages as he roles down... 7

Venom from Roshinu and falling off a cliff will Jill on top: 2

Damage by numerious bugs protecting the children in Misty valley including the 2 big ex knight ones: 3

Fight with Roshinu, undoubtably one of the most interesting. Being burned, bitten, slammed around very fast, long arse spike directly through his arm and mouth (with alot of moving around afterwards), falling from a fair hight...twice: 7

Knights of the holy iron chains, making him reopen old wounds, slight sword wound by Farneze, also Whipped heavily resulting in blood loss: 2

A little injured and opens a few old wounds while fighting possesed wild dogs: 1

Adequately banged up from fighting Mozgus's men: 3

Punched heaps by Mozgus: 4

Second fight with Zodd, I think he got off lucky: 1

Fighting with Trolls (and Ogre) in both Inoku village and Qliphoth... he didnt get much injuries in either situation: 1

Slan fucked him up good, it seems like the wound almost cuts him in half and they are meant to be way worse because they are Ethereal making them worse: 6

Fighting Grunbeld fucked up before putting the armor on: 4

The Berserker armor first put on.. jeez did he get really fucked up! Not including the damage he already had at first: 5

These are all the major ones I could think of, by my count I see around 87. There were plenty outside of the ones mentioned of the other apostles he no doubt had fights with, and the battles he was in when he was younger that are not shown so probably more then one hundred.

nir085

Horse and Armor
:eek: long list

I can't really think of much to add that you already haven't added except for a few things:
-he got shot by an arrow after killing Yurius
-his fight with Boscogne

A normal man would have also lost most of the battles Guts easily won, like the crocs, the trolls, the wheel spirits, etc.

nir085 said:
A normal man would have also lost most of the battles Guts easily won, like the crocs, the trolls, the wheel spirits, etc.

Of course

It is already proven he was stronger than 100 men when he was just 18, so now after at least one year of normal training and 2 year of *special* training, does he make him to become like 500 men power? ::)

nir085 said:
:eek: long list

I can't really think of much to add that you already haven't added except for a few things:
-he got shot by an arrow after killing Yurius
-his fight with Boscogne

Both of those two were hard to decide. He seems like he is relatively buggered from fighting Boscogne but aside a bit of a beating he only had a cut across his eye, and after killing Yurius he was only shot in the arm even though he looks pretty screwed afterwards.

Smith said:
Of course

It is already proven he was stronger than 100 men when he was just 18

Are you implying he was stronger then a hundred men when he did the slaying?

Sparnage said:
Are you implying he was stronger then a hundred men when he did the slaying?

For what?

If you are referring to the 100 men battle, yes! He survived and killed 100 hundred of them alone... isnt that obvious enough?

I dont think that means he is litterally 100 times stronger though, his sword at the time was about 5 times bigger than the rest of they're weapons, not 100 times bigger.

Sparnage said:
I dont think that means he is litterally 100 times stronger though, his sword at the time was about 5 times bigger than the rest of they're weapons, not 100 times bigger.

I am not saying he has 100 human strenght, with agility 100 times faster etc... What i mean trying to say having him is more deadly than having a 100 man troops...

That was him in the past... now if anyone recruit him then i guess even 1000 soldiers also couldnt subdue him especially if he is in beast mode...

BiQ-- said:
At this point, I think it's safe to say no army made of humans can oppose him.

I can't agree with that, an army over the amount of 1000 devoted to killing him would eventually take him down.

Sparnage said:
I can't agree with that, an army over the amount of 1000 devoted to killing him would eventually take him down.

He will take himself down... by losing all his blood in the battle, other than there is no way an human army is going to take him down

And what do you think will cause all that blood? Im sure he would fight til he collapsed but even he will fall before death as it has happened several times.

He isn't a god, he is still mortal and to me the idea of him taking on a fully armed army of thousands would be too much for me unless he really starts taking serious steps away from humanity.

Sparnage said:
And what do you think will cause all that blood?

He will fight till he dies that all -his death is cause by over exhaustion and loss of blood, not by any soldier blow- but not before taking thousands of them with him

M

medievald00d

What I'm curious is how Guts is replentishing his blood supply. Its not like they had blood banks in the middle ages. He should be dead by blood loss by now, especially with the armor and all.

Smith said:
He will fight till he dies that all -his death is cause by over exhaustion and loss of blood, not by any soldier blow- but not before taking thousands of them with him

Someone could have killed him easy when he was messed up at the eclipse, the knights of the holy iron chains could have killed him after his fight with Roshinu eventually and anyone could have killed him when he was really fucked before putting on the berserker armor for the first time.
It wouldn't have mattered if it were a human or apostle by that stage of damage, a stab wound when he is weak would be easily possible... fuck even Farneze took him down when she was freaked out.

Once again he is still mortal and I think thats a good thing.

pheonixfenix said:
What I'm curious is how Guts is replentishing his blood supply. Its not like they had blood banks in the middle ages. He should be dead by blood loss by now, especially with the armor and all.

Yeah among other things...

Sparnage said:
It wouldn't have mattered if it were a human or apostle by that stage of damage, a stab wound when he is weak would be easily possible...

Not when he is in beast mode... Damn Grunbeld hit him with full strenght using his tail but he didnt even flinch at all... Quite sure it will take more than one stab to bring him down when he turn berserk

Sparnage said:
Yeah, true but it would be the same for anyone who would put on the Berserker armor.

I couldnt agree totally with this... So far only Gaiseric and Guts are capable of doing that

Once they put it on no matter who the person is they feel no pain whatsoever and makes the person feel nothing but violent emotions so much that pain and fear are forgotten.

With no feelings or senses no matter who the person could fight until they die, I think though what makes people like Guts and Gaiseric is that they could take on so much danger with it on and survive.

Sparnage said:
Once they put it on no matter who the person is they feel no pain whatsoever and makes the person feel nothing but violent emotions so much that pain and fear are forgotten.

This point i know, even a normal person who wear this armor will be goddamn powerful, but they will still not bring that kind of destruction that Guts or Gaiseric have...

If there is any normal soldier who wear the berserk armor, Guts in his original "Black Swordsman" time would still crush them easily...

I'm sure they would fight Guts to the death before ceasing to move still, no matter how powerful you are having no feelings would give you that ability.

Probably not, maybe there are some exceptionally gifted fighters who might stand a chance if they had it on.
If Silat for one had developed as much as Guts since he attacked the hawks. Azan, Boscone (if he were alive) or maybe even our friend serpico who could be much more of a threat to Guts if he was stronger.

Top Bottom