Lith's colors & tutorials

Lithrael said:
Wow..  sorry about the long delay, folks.  I've been busy as hell.  I still haven't got anything new, but here's one Jon Schaffer & I did a couple weeks ago. 

http://webspace.ringling.edu/~ccannon/berserk/waterfall.jpg

I'm quiet, but I'm still around.  I'll post as soon as I have more stuff!   ;D

Jeez, it's damn near perfect. Kudos to you both.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Lithrael said:
Wow..  sorry about the long delay, folks.  I've been busy as hell.  I still haven't got anything new, but here's one Jon Schaffer & I did a couple weeks ago. 

http://webspace.ringling.edu/~ccannon/berserk/waterfall.jpg

I'm quiet, but I'm still around.  I'll post as soon as I have more stuff!   ;D

OH MY GOD! ITS EXCELLENT!

I guess thats what happens when our two best colorers team up 8).

If you want to know the history; one day I was sitting at the computer looking at the competition other great artwork and I noticed that Lith had her own unique way of coloring scans. So I IMed her and asked if she wanted to color a scan together, being as how she has excellent background techniques and I have fair abilities in skin. She colored Caska's skin and the background and I colored Guts, Guts's armour, Guts's cape, Caskas armour and the grass they are sitting on. All in all it turned out great. We need to finish the other one Lith. ;D

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Hi folks! Sorry I haven't done any more on the tutorial yet, but I colored a page from 245 this weekend. I'm working on another page from 245 with Jon as well...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously DemonX, keep the huge fonts in Shootin' the Breeze...

Great panel Lith, it's getting more awesome with every coloring you make :).

Lithrael

Hi folks! Another weekend, another colored page...

Aw, Jon.. wish you had the time to do more colors. Your stuff rocks, the board will miss seeing new work from you. (the page Jon and I are working on is the gallery of hanged Kushan from last chapter.)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
All the colors look great except for the hair and the elf. Those both look kinda out of place... kinda like they're not under the same orangeish light. The elf is perfectly sensible, especialy with the aura surrounding it. It almost looks like you just dimmed the brightness on the hair and added a few orangeish smudges... Can't really suggest a way to improve it other then grab something green and look at it under orange light or maybe even actual sunset light.

Lithrael

Majin Tenshi said:
All the colors look great except for the hair and the elf.  Those both look kinda out of place... kinda like they're not under the same orangeish light. 

Yeah, you're right. The light gave me a lot of trouble. Her hair kept coming out like mud no matter how much I fooled with it so I just left it like it is. But hey, it's October, I'll probably run across a green wig I can check the lighting with, and be able to fix it.

Thanks for the critique! Part of the reason I'm doing these colorizations is to teach myself how to use color..

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
You could try keeping the hair green, but tint it a bit towards yellow, then give the hair an orange "shine" ... it'd be a ton of work I'd bet... You'd have to match the shine to the curve of her hair.. basicly match it to every line that makes up her hair....

Lithrael said:
Hi folks!  Another weekend, another colored page...

full size:
http://webspace.ringling.edu/~ccannon/berserk/246_05_fullcolor.jpg
Beautiful job. If you would like, I could redo the hair and the elf for you. I have enough time to get that done. I redid our combination of 241. Looks pretty gnarly, if you want to throw it on sometime, get in touch and I can send it to you.

Lithrael said:
Aw, Jon..  wish you had the time to do more colors.  Your stuff rocks, the board will miss seeing new work from you.  (the page Jon and I are working on is the gallery of hanged Kushan from last chapter.)
Well, I think the replacement is more than better.  :)

Lithrael

Thanks for the compliments, folks! :D

LithColorCo News: I have several projects still in the works, including co-colors with Jon, but right now I just have one in-progress color for the board.

Hatu: well, quite a while, I'm a very slow worker. For example, Azan here is still not quite finished, and I've been working on him for about 3 hours.

I'm absolute crap at making up colors, so if anyone has advice for Azan's colors or would like to do his weapon cool for me to paste in to this, I'd love it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hehe, I like the colors as they are, it's looking good really. I'm not too hot about the added translation to the picture however, since it's a coloring, but that's just me. Can't wait to see the finished picture :).

Lithrael

Yeah, I was just fooling around, the translation won't be on the final page. Glad you like it so far!

Top Bottom