Lith's colors & tutorials

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Excellent. You might want to make the eyes, like smith said, red, even though he is not an apostle. Red or light blue (matchs with armor) would probably work fine.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
That is fantastic work. ;D
I like the white eyes personally, because it seems that Azan is in berserk mode, like when Guts' eye goes white.

But I suppose red could work also, although I cannot see light blue. that would seem odd.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Hey folks! Wow.. been a while. I'm a slow bastard eh? And I *still* haven't finished Azan, either. Or the partial colors Jon left to me. Or any new tutorials.. All those are still on the way!

But I do have a page from episode 250! A little color for the head of the Vandimion family..

And also just cause I loved this panel so much..

gutswantscoffee.jpg

Woraug

A credit to dementia
Dude, you are, and always will be the king of color. Would you mind if I used the waterfall scene as a sig on AN?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think it's time I swallowed my own misplaced coloring pride and admitted that Lith is the best ever, end of story.

BTW, do you think you could color the entire manga for me? ;D

Lithrael

Woraug said:
Dude, you are, and always will be the king of color.  Would you mind if I used the waterfall scene as a sig on AN?

Awww, thanks. Sure, please do!

& thanks for all the compliments, guys! :D

I might reupload this later with greying hair on him instead, if I can get it to look good. And color advice is always welcome, if any of you guys are period costume buffs ;)

Also, I'm wondering... If I did something like, say, set up Photoshop files with color layers ready to paint, would any of you grab them and try your hands at final colors? I have one or two files I started on and ran out of steam (like page one from episode 250) that are set up... Basically these have the outlines of the figures cut out so that you don't have to worry about edges, just choosing colors.

Lithrael

TheSkyTraveller said:
Very nice! I really like the warmth of the light source. Looks all nice and cozy in there!

Woo! Thank you! :D I really ought to just bite the bullet and go read some color theory stuff - if they taught me any at school I forgot it. Though I gather that if I really wanted to be sophisticated I should be mixing my own digital colors like paint - and using Painter, and having a better computer. :p

In any case, I got started on the bath stuff this weekend, since there is so much NAKED, and that is a lot easier to pick colors for... I haven't finished any pages yet but here's one in progress. ;)

normal_251_04_fullcolor.jpg

Lithrael

Majin Tenshi said:
Y'know....... Casca likes takeing things from Schierke... she even allways grabs em to the same side, her right...

Ah, the apple she swiped from Farnese.. but yes, she is grabby these days! I'm waiting for her to snatch a becchi or a sword at some sensitive moment... ;)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Lithrael said:
Ah, the apple she swiped from Farnese..  but yes, she is grabby these days!  I'm waiting for her to snatch a becchi or a sword at some sensitive moment...   ;)
it really hits ya though, when you look at your avatar, then you look at the page you just colored... :p

superb ;D
No, really, amazing thing you did here Lithrael!

The best pic IMO was the one Schierke pulls Guts out of his ''''bad trip'''. You really see the blood floating/smearing around(did I say that correctly??)...

And the face of the 'mysterious child'...nice!

oh hell; and off course the ship in the upcoming sun..wauw..

Good feeling for color.

I just made a colored Casca, maybe I can post it here?
Let me know please, Lith!

8)

Top Bottom