Where can I subscribe to Young Animal??

Hey, I'm new to the board....I've looked through a lot of the previous posts, but I don't think this has been posted before. Does anyone know where I can go to subscribe to Young Animal? And if so, is it very expensive, since it is from Japan? I'm a huge Berserk fan, I've read all the volumes, own about half of the Japanese ones and all of the Dark Horse releases (3) and would really like to be able to keep up to speed by having all the new chapters mailed straight to my door. Can anyone help?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skull Knight said:
Hey, I'm new to the board....I've looked through a lot of the previous posts, but I don't think this has been posted before. Does anyone know where I can go to subscribe to Young Animal? And if so, is it very expensive, since it is from Japan? I'm a huge Berserk fan, I've read all the volumes, own about half of the Japanese ones and all of the Dark Horse releases (3) and would really like to be able to keep up to speed by having all the new chapters mailed straight to my door. Can anyone help?
http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/information

"BERSERK is serialized in Hakusensha's "Young Animal", a semi-monthly (new chapter every ~2 weeks), seinen (17-up) magazine marketed with males in mind. That's a subtle way of saying it features lots of mostly-naked Asian women, with some comics in-between glamour shot spreads. If you live outside Japan, you can obtain a subscription to Young Animal through a variety of ways:

- Visit your local Japanese Bookstore (call 411) and special order it by name.
- Http://sasugabooks.com) can set you up with a mail-order subscription."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skull Knight said:
Thanks for the info. Wow that is quite expensive...$110 for 6 months...perhaps I can get it as a birthday present if I'm lucky.
When I used to get Young Animal, I paid about $4.00 an issue. It's released semi-monthly (~every two weeks). That adds up.

$110 is admittedly a bit high, but youre paying for shipping. Your best bet is finding a bookstore that will special order monthly magazines for you. You might even try something as obvious as Barnes and Nobles. If that fails, scour your town for a Japanese Book Store.

BiQ_

" ... "
I have also been thinking about getting Young Animal, but since I'm from Finland, the shipping might get even higher unless I find something else than sasugabooks to get it. Anyways, what else is there besides Berserk and mostly-naked asian women? While those two would certainly be enough incentive ;D for me to justify paying certain sums of money, the issue is also about my cramped student apartment. Having stacks of thick japanese magazines that only have around 20 pages of interest to me each is something I do not feel so enthusiastic about. So, how many pages it usually it, and is the other content any good?

BiQ-- said:
I have also been thinking about getting Young Animal, but since I'm from Finland, the shipping might get even higher unless I find something else than sasugabooks to get it. Anyways, what else is there besides Berserk and mostly-naked asian women? While those two would certainly be enough incentive ;D for me to justify paying certain sums of money, the issue is also about my cramped student apartment. Having stacks of thick japanese magazines that only have around 20 pages of interest to me each is something I do not feel so enthusiastic about. So, how many pages it usually it, and is the other content any good?
I am also curious as to how many pages each issue is....as well as what other content it has.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skull Knight said:
I am also curious as to how many pages each issue is....as well as what other content it has.
Young Animal itself is ~300 pages. It's printed on low-quality, colored newspaper and the ink smudges in every possible scenario. The other comics printed in it vary greatly in quality and entertainment. Berserk is the main attraction.

sXe Space Man

Slam dunk a baby in a blender!
I just flew into japan a few days ago. I've been looking for young animal but havn't found any. Plenty of Shonen Jump everywhere for my naruto fix. Hopefuly i'll find the new one commin out tomarrow.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Skull Knight said:
Other content? Hmmmm....
Hot Japanese Women, is that good enough for you? I know it is for me.

Forgive me if I was more interested in Berserk and the other mangas in Young Animal rather than the nude Japanese women, but I have myself a beautiful Australian woman who more than takes care of my..er...needs. So while I definitely don't object to the photos it may contain, they are not going to be the deciding factor for whether or not I'm willing to pay that much money to import them.

Top Bottom