Guts' desires for sacrifice

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well I was rereading Vol26, when i noticed somthing I never noticed before...

Berserk-v26c219p073-copy.gif

BAM! My whole berserk world was turned around. Could this be forshadowing of the future? Considering Slann's powers as a godshand, do you think she read Guts mind or desires?

Re:Gat's Desires For Sacrifice

Well Slann is a bitch so she could have been just been taunting him, however, Guts does have a behelit... so it probably couldnt be written off that easy. I think it will come down to Guts having the option of sacraficing Caska or Caska and crew, and having a better chance at his revenge or simply choosing not too. Kind of like whats stronger his desire for revenge or his love for her. Maybe he'll choose revenge.

Outro

I'm a llama!
Re:Gut's Desires For Sacrifice

Shouki Slann said:
I think it will come down to Guts having the option of sacraficing Caska or Caska and crew, and having a better chance at his revenge or simply choosing not too. Kind of like whats stronger his desire for revenge or his love for her. Maybe he'll choose revenge.
Guts couldn't sacrifice Caska even if he wanted to: she's branded for sacrifice already & can't be used again.

I doubt Guts will sacrifice his companions (Farnese, Serpico, Isidro, etc.) if he wants to stay human/out of God Hand's possession, but I do believe something might be leading up to that choice (Guts losing himself to the Beast in battle & the beherit he has are a dangerous combination).

Re:Gat's Desires For Sacrifice

Shouki Slann said:
I think it will come down to Guts having the option of sacraficing Caska or Caska and crew, and having a better chance at his revenge or simply choosing not too.

There is no need for him to make a sarcrifice even if he can, his beast form is like his apostle form

Aconyro

REVENGE!

He might chose to sacrifice himself. Like so, Godhand arrives, makes him an offer, asks him if he will sacrifice, and he glares at them, points at his neck and tells them ...

"Come get your sacrifice bastards."

If she isn't taunting him (which it sounds like) he wouldn't take the offer in the end.

I have said in the past I would like to see him slowly become less human and more powerful as time passes so things would continue to stay fresh and new, and Berserk could last for ages (seeing if he were like Skully he wouldn't die any time soon) but him becoming like something like Skully seems unlikely enough, let alone becoming a apostle.

Maybe the time would come when he would actually have the chance from Slann (probably not but who knows...) and if it did he probably wouldn't take the offer.

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.

i'm sure gatsu will eventually be in a situation where sacrifice will be more tempting sooner or later because of slann's medling.

skeletonmf said:
i'm sure gatsu will eventually be in a situation where sacrifice will be more tempting sooner or later because of slann's medling.

He doesnt need one, he himself is already more powerful than an aveage apostle

DarkBlademaster

Yea, but theres the above average too. Grun and Zodd are good examples. Probably all the commanders on griffs army (Zodd, Grun, Locus) are above average, and sooner or later guts is gonna have to need more then what he has now to beat them. And if apostles are hard, how hard do you think godshand members is gonna be? And what about... Griff?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"

If I remember correctly, Guts made a sacrifice at that time. He sacrificed Slann-or at least tried to. Vengeance is important to Guts, I'll grant, but how important is unknown. Surprisingly, as more and more of the Beast is revealed, it becomes clear that the Beast doesn't really care about Griffith, or vengeance, or any of the things it keeps whispering to Guts about. These are just empty words which the Beast knows can goad Guts into relinquishing control, so that the Beast can get what it really wants: the opportunity to run free and kill as it pleases. This may be part of Idea's ultimate plan for disposing of Guts once he's no longer needed.

atomsk

It's him! It's the real pirate king!

If Guts had to make a sacrifice, it would be the most important thing to him. Aside from Caska, if she indeed can't be resacrificed, or if she isn't the most important thing to him, I'd say it would be revenge against Griffith. So, Guts would have to give up revenge to be an apostle, and then where would the series go? But, if Ganeshka keeps hardcoring the hawks, it's not entirely unfeasable that he and Griffith could fight side by side again. Of course, to speculate that far ahead, one would have to basicly get inside Miura's head.

Note: This, as with all my theories, I do not stand behind.

Aconyro said:
He might chose to sacrifice himself. Like so, Godhand arrives, makes him an offer, asks him if he will sacrifice, and he glares at them, points at his neck and tells them ...

"Come get your sacrifice bastards."

I like that idea the best...

DarkBlademaster

Well the topics been revived so i might as well post.

Outro said:
Guts couldn't sacrifice Caska even if he wanted to: she's branded for sacrifice already & can't be used again.

Since when is that true? The beast is pushing him to sacrifice caska, right? The beast even said to sacrifice caska and it will bring him closer to griffith.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...

DemonX said:
Since when is that true? The beast is pushing him to sacrifice caska, right? The beast even said to sacrifice caska and it will bring him closer to griffith.
That can hold meaning in more ways than one, think about it.

DemonX said:

Actually I believe he is right, one of the reasons the Count could not sacrifice Guts was not only because he is just a enemy but it was already brought up that he has already been branded.

DemonX said:
The beast is Guts' inner demon, not part of the God Hand.....therefore even if it is telling him to kill Caska......that in no way means he can use her as sacrifice....THE BEAST IS NOT PART OF THE GOD HAND AND IS NOT AN APOSTLE!!!!! The beast would not know that kind of information because it IS Guts' darker half....and oviously Guts does not know, the God Hand did not sit down with their "meal" and discuss the rules and restrictions of sacrificial offerings before branding him. SO NO.

Top Bottom