Berserk PS2 Demo Review: Millennium Falcon: The Holy Evil War

I dont have the demo but I've seen movie clips of it.

Anyways, it's a retelling of the story from the Millennium Falcon Part.

Gutz actually can kill most things with one swing of his sword unlike the DC game

the controls
square - slash
triangle - strong slash(can charge it)
circle - step in
x - guard, counter, reverse
R1 - lock-on
R2 - Berserk
L1 - Ready item use
L2 - Ready ally use
The L buttons switch the menu at the top right of the screen

The demo ends after the Ogle is killed. Yes, it's spelled Ogle.

The voices Serpico, Scherkie, Puck, Griffith are perfect
Ishidoro and Flora isn't too bad

Gutz is just........bad. Evil......He sounds like a teenager........alot like the anime voice he had.

Alot of scenes were shown

The scene with Griff and Gutz at the grave of swords
The part where Farnazze, Serpico and Ishidoro meet up with Gutz
Lots of the troll part.

You'll get to fight against the monsters in Qlipoth.
Oh, and your allies make alot comments while you're fighting. It seems cool but I think I'd get really annoyed by the end of it. Bcuz they were already repeating themselves and the clip wasn't even 5 min.

um......that's about it

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Downloading as I type...will review tomorrow if it finishes tonight.

This will be my first real benefit of having a mod chip. 8)

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Okay, So It dl'd pretty fast...

The game is pretty fun. It's neat to see the the new crew talk and stuff.
The game play is pretty solid. The sword swings have some momentum too that kinda prevents you from turning as fast as when you're swinging, which is cool. The dash also forces you to pause a moment. Its solid.
Plays mostly like the DC version but with much better graphics. The cannon shot is really awesome, the summons are kinda gay, but it's all good.

Please ask questions, because this review sucks....
I'm going to go play more.

nir085

Horse and Armor
I'm pretty surprised that Guts is not able to use his throwing knives, his cannon, or his mini-bombs. Hopefully those will be useable at some point in the full game.

So I'm just going to assume that it ends with Volume 26, instead of Flora's house. Destroying an incarnation of a Godhand member just seems like a more satisfactory ending to me. Besides, I can't see Guts fighting someone at the end of the game who he cannot end up killing.

But man...that footage is something. And to think that all of you people dismissed the possibility of a second anime series...but I agree, Guts could use a more mature sounding seiyuu [for the game and anime].

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
nir085 said:
I'm pretty surprised that Guts is not able to use his throwing knives, his cannon, or his mini-bombs. Hopefully those will be useable at some point in the full game.

Um, Hold L1 and press a button, you can do arrows, knives, cannon, or bombs.
All are working in demo.

Cannon - an awesome looking blast forward
Knife - Throws and makes enemy stumble
Arrows - a barrage of arrows that hit multiple enemies
Minibomb - hard to see but causes a boom

P

psymont

bt links:

i couldnt get the tracker to start up though....
let me know if you guys have any luck...

http://bt2.eastgame.net/index.php?keywords=berserk

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saiki said:
The voices Serpico, Scherkie, Puck, Griffith are perfect
Ishidoro and Flora isn't too bad

Gutz is just........bad. Evil......He sounds like a teenager........alot like the anime voice he had.

I think that the voice actors for Guts and Griffith are the same than in the anime, they really sound alike.

And I wouldn't say that Guts' voice is unfitting, rather, Serpico sounded too much like a boy imho.

nir085 said:
So I'm just going to assume that it ends with Volume 26, instead of Flora's house. Destroying an incarnation of a Godhand member just seems like a more satisfactory ending to me. Besides, I can't see Guts fighting someone at the end of the game who he cannot end up killing.

Well, considering the fact there's a travelling on the Berserk's armor in the introduction scenes of the demo, I'd plan on a final fight against Grunbeld, wearing the armor 8).

It also would fit the chapter title the game has.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
well got to play it at a friends house only played it once so heres my thoughs!
GAMEPLAY: really enjoyed it gutz really strugles to get the slayer swinging. example your're running then suddenly stop takes a second to him to get he's balance back and get ready to slash. two kinds of slash like saiki mentioned square weaker but faster and triangle charge slash which is slower but better against the armor trolls.x defends but i didnt use it once and circle dash you can use this one with triangle and square to pull off some niffty attacks. r1 locks on a enemy and r2 BERSERK mode, jebus kiling spree nothing touchs gutz in this form just push down square while in berserk and gutz is like a chainsaw slashing everything. L1 brings item use hold it while pushing the other buttons to use arm cannon, trowing knifes, arrows and bombs.L2 ally use again hold it to sumon Ishidoro=burns enemys, Puck=heals you, Serpico=slows down time (dont know why but thats what he does) flora didnt use her. all in all 7/10 solid gameplay!
SOUND: the voices hum actually i liked them all cept Ishidoro. damn he sounds like a man in he's thirty's really bad, also gutz could be better but he makes up in the screams. the music is just epic e really liked it but i do hope it differs from level to level or else it can get repetive. the trolls also dont scream or anything they just gurgle what really got me was the slayer ripping the air massive you almost can feel it about to strike, and then SLASH and SPLASH blood hits the floor very nice.
sound hum 8/10
Graphics:hum you have seen it so you know what to expect. the demo covers the part where the church is being atacked by the troll army, and when it ends gutz is red from feet to head all covered in blood, its intense as he slashs the trolls blood splatters everywere on the ground it fades after a while but not on gutz. it sticks to him all the way trough the end ,also there are various ways to wound the trolls sometimes they lose an arm others a leg sometimes both. the batlle with the ogle is spectacular i can descrive it by comparing it to the zod batle in the dc game. as u slash the creature he loses arms and guts begin to come out of his belly really gruesome. the other caracthers are dead on in the intro to the game u see the reunion in the sword hill grifftht looks great, and the scenes i swear are taken panel by panel of the manga really stiking to miuras art its almost as good as anime. u also see scenes from the Qlipoth and the monsters here look really gruesome just like the manga, the armor shows up in the intro wich i can say its a safe bet u get to play in it somewere along the game. gutz is awsome in his facial expresions the cut scenes had me smiling the hole time he just look REAL.
Graphics well they are great 9/10.
and by the way the trolls die with one slash because u can only choose easy dificulty in the demo, i can only image the other game modes normal hard and berserk will be like. mind you i only played once but i enjoyed the hell out of it.
all in all 9 out of 10 great game cant wait for more!
ps: sorry for the orthographic mistakes! im a baka.

P

psymont

i just got a copy of the demo....

i believe this game is fantastic

hes got it all: bombs, canon, crossbow, strikers, and throwing knives...

when you use any of the above you have to wait for them to recharge...

its strange but you can only throw one knive and it takes atleast a minute for it to fill up again... hopefully that will be changed...

when you use the crossbow, you can hold in the button and fire in different directions.... you can also use the lock button to aim at one target and move around...

you can dash and then use an attack three times in succession...

when the brand appears in your life meter you can use a "super" ie: slash the hamstring of an "ogle"(as they call it), run up its back when it falls and then stab him in the back of the head...

you can also counter by blocking at the last second...

square is slash, triangle is wind up(also can be used to finish of combo in lock mode), circle is dash and x is block

almost everytime you use the wind up attack, somebody says something(maybe something like you are be reckless or calm down because he looses balance everytime he does it) if you hold it in long enough, he does a dive slash at the end of the release rather than falling to his knee...

he does a back hand spring when you press block after being knocked down....

what? no jump? yup, no jump... whatever... you can do a rise slash when you press to his right and square in target lock mode though... when you press to his left in lock he throws out a punch and then starts a combo...

he can also do reversals... i believe it works when you hit block right after taking a hit.... guts takes a poke and then gives one back....

the iso writes to about 1.27 gigs so you must burn it onto a dvd... i used alcohol 120% at 3x speed... works fine

i just got it this morning and ended up three hours late for work and missed my spanish 2 class.... if you have important things to do, DO NOT PLAY THIS DEMO!

Trailers are up at www.gametrailers.com Hopefully more people will become aware of this game. Increase the chance of it being brought to the states.

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
ARGH!
I got it from winny but goddamn I can't boot it with swapmagic dvd 2.0, my slide card and my unmodded v7 ps2 :(((((((((((

[me=Bakou]can't wait much longer![/me]

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
wait I got it working!

If anyone else is having my problem (no modchip, v7 console, boots to black screen etc)

what you need is dvdloader v7 (not v7 b5.2, that didn't work for me!)

Time to put the dragon slayer to work ^^

Bakou said:
wait I got it working!

If anyone else is having my problem (no modchip, v7 console, boots to black screen etc)

what you need is dvdloader v7 (not v7 b5.2, that didn't work for me!)

Time to put the dragon slayer to work ^^

Where can you buy/download dvd loader. How do you know which version console you have. I've check my PS2 but it says nothing only console: SCPH-30001 so um what PS2 version do I have. I bought my PS2 in 7-17-02 pre own.

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
that sounds like around version 5 or so.. and you need to buy a slide card and swapmagic discs, i got mine at modchip.ca

find a ps2 version chart to figure out exactly

SlimJ87D

Apollo
For anyone who needs the DVD loader for versions 500001-500010 AIM me SlimJ87D, if you need the CD LOADER which works for any previouse models, AIM ME again, I will explain how each works, this is used for people with Swap Magic Disk. I want as many people to Enjoy this demo as I have. Also the flip top is better, slide card can damage your screws, etc....

SlimJ87D

Apollo
It only DVD, not a CR-R, so yeah. I can try and help you fix your PS2, look on google "Fix PS2 DRE" and there ia one that you can crank a nobe thing, you'll get what im saying when you see it.

Top Bottom