SPECULATION CONTEST

Well we have two months in advance...

Why don't we have a fanfic contest on berserk's storyline next month? ;D

We'll have to develop a theory, linking and expanding all the clues we have together, that will answer the berserk storyline 8)

Term is that people shouldn't post for drowing comments during the development of their speculation but only when finished. That means that since people have posted, they won't be allowed to make any changes furthermore. :'(

Then we should have a valutation.
People that know the manga well should cast their vote, comments and critics on the various speculations. >:(

Well, this means that we shall also nominate the team that will form the jury... ::)

In the end we shall have a winner :p

The winner will become the moderator of speculation nation :-\

Anyway, I don't know if this is such a good idea...it's too damn hot allready and such a task smells boredom perhaps... :-X

but the best specul will be chosed After the next chapter is released, right ?????? And i think a moderator account should not be choosen like doing this way, there can be another prize for the closest theory..

tokken_brz said:
but the best specul will be chosed After the next chapter is released, right ?????? And i think a moderator account should not be choosen like doing this way, there can be another prize for the closest theory..

IMO winner shouldn't be the one that actually comes closer to what Miura is preparing but who gives the most affascinating and interesting fanfic timeline using the facts we have so far...
People that will value the speculations will have to know BERSERK very well because of the obligation to use allready known facts by Miura and not contradict with them...
Just my opinion...it could also be done under yours perspective...

Walter said:
Why? And... what?

I think a moderator should be choosed by following his competence in putting an end to discussions, flames, stupid users, etc., instead of his creativity on speculations.

A contest is sure a good idea Xech !!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Maybe never, Walter wasn't exactly jumping for joy on the idea.
I haven't said a thing about what I think of the contest, just questioning Tokken's comment on "moderator's" contribution. Anyway, I misunderstood him.

As for the contest? Go for it. I know I want to contribute a story.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
My entry for the contest:

The Kushans begin their assault on Vritannis, and rapidly destroy most of the resistance. The child's dissappearance causes Guts and company to delay their journey by a couple of days to try and find him (unsucessfully) and rest up after the fight.

Griffith attacks on another front, leading Ganishka to send most of his troops back from Vritannis to reinforce against the Neo-Hawks. Leaving behind a garrison to root out the last of the resistance, which is headed by Azan. Guts and company enter the city, where the child appears before them and leads them to Azan, who is locked in what appears to be a losing battle until the group arrives. They join up with Azan and manage to destroy the Kushan garrison, with Guts having gone Beast after being cut off from the main group. They find Guts surrounded by dead friend and foe alike, and Schierke manages to get him sane again before the rest of the fighters show up. The townspeople are suspicious, though the nature of the Kushan troops leads to a plausible enough excuse for the townspeople not to try and attack Guts. Azan knows better, but Farneeze convinces him to go along with the story and their journey to Elfhelm to try and help Guts and Caska out.

Guts is in really bad shape, to where he can barely walk even in the armor. It's pointed out by Azan or Guts that the Kushans will return soon after they learn of the defeat. The Vritannis survivors leave the city and flee to other major population centers to try prepare them for the Kushan return, but mainly to seek refuge. Guts and company board a ship for Elfhelm. With Guts increasingly forced to rely on his allies.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I did not want to be the first speculation, but now that I see someone has stepped up here is my submission:

(as the story progresses, Guts will probably have trouble with his armor and the moonlight child would probably help guts though his trouble moments)

The crew reaches reaches Vritannis just to find it swarming with open warfare with Kushan attacking Holy See priests or normal city soldiers. And, at the same time, the Neo Hawks arrive at Vritannis to fend off the Kushans to make Griffith look like the "savior", thus causing Guts and his crew to be caught in the middle of a war. It is probably suspectable that half of the Neo Hawks (Locus leading them) arrive a little after Guts band arrives Vritannis, while the rest arrive later. Diva, who is leading the invasion on Vritannis' coast, has the shores controled so Guts cannot sail out until Diva's iron grip on Vritannis is weakened; And on top of that, Diva decides to use guts to his advantage to fend off the Hawks, and what better way of taking advantage of Guts then by using Caska as a hostage?

Well Guts is not the type to listen to petty threats like that, so he finds and tries to kill Diva, who then shows his true power and almost kills Guts with magic. By now Vritannis is under complete control by the Kushan with the Neo Hawks storming the gates. Diva defeats Guts, but does not kill him and Caska, because he realizes somthing strange about him due to Guts and Caska's ability to walk both realms. Diva then sends a message to Ganksha about the strangeness of these 2 people; Meanwhile the rest of the crew is attacked by Kushan and splits up around town; Serpico and Farneze run to one part of town, while Shrirk, Puck, and Iveradella run off to another part, while Ishrado tries to beat Kushan trying to prove he is more then just a "kid" but is defeated and left for dead; but is not...

Meanwhile, Guts and Caska are thrown in jail. There in jail, Guts meets up with Azan, and using teamwork they break out of the jail and try to find the rest of Guts crew before the neo hawks storm the city.

And while that is happening, the neo hawks are awaiting for reinforcments because they are unable to break though without extra force. Ishrado recovers himself, and barely crawling, he learns how to survive on an open battlefield. Shirke finds him and restores him back to health, while Serpico is having his own problems of his own after recieving a critical wound from an apostle near the gates, as farneze desperatly trys to be there for him in his fight for life and death. Guts and Azan (and Caska) are looking around the city for the rest of the crew, and are reunited with Shirke, Ishrado, and the to elves. They still continue looking for Serpico and Farneze when Griffith finally arrives with reinforcments and the Gates are broken. Guts and the crew fines Farneze and Serpico and franticly fight their way though the apostles to the dock. When everyone gets on a ship, Diva appears and fights Guts for the rematch, and in the end, Guts overcomes Diva's magic and kills him with the Dragon Slayer right though his heart.

And then, just as Guts crew is departing, Guts sees griffith at the dock, and as they both meet eye contact, guts raging wtih vengance and sadness, while griffith seems to have no emotion on his face at all, Guts goes berserk because he is still in his armor, almost jumping overboard. Thankfully though, the moonlight child is there and stops guts from his bloodlust and guts just stands there afterwords watching griffith fade away...

Meanwhile griffith turns away, and walks back into Vritannis, which is now completly under the neo hawks control. Then they prepare to leave, to move onto their next targeted threat... Elfhelm.

The content of your speculation was almost the same as mine by your is better

Great work Demon X :D

DemonX said:
Diva appears and fights Guts for the rematch, and in the end, Guts overcomes Diva's magic and kills him with the Dragon Slayer right though his heart.

Maybe you like to add that Guts get overcome by the beast and eventually defeat Diva as he was immune to offensive magic at this moment, the child of moonlight appear and recover him but disappear once again after that...

By becoming the beast after seeing Griffith is something is a bit exaggerated IMHO, i believe he will transform more in the case of battling with Diva

Haiz... Basically you cover everything i speculate... The only different in my speculation is that Griffith didnt appear at all, the reinforcement which arrive are lead by greater apostle like Zodd Rakasha and yes Grunbeld! 8) (Initally it was lead by Locus and Irvibe only) They win because Zodd demonic army smashed the Kushan force and magical barrier like nobody business

This time it wasnt Griffith who made eye contact with Guts, he was unconscious after the battle, the person now who spy the ship as it fade away was Grunbeld... He shouted, "Damnit, they got away again for the second time, i will make sure i make him payback after ruining my face" ;D

Well where's Griff? He is happily having tea with Charlotte in some corner of the world ;)

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
the little band arrives in vritannis, and There are signs of hecticness and activity at the port. things are calm in the town square, though, and at the Inn (which was rather crowded), the patrons inform Guts and the crew of the current situation:

Vritannis, as just about everyone knows, serves the staging point of the coallition's counterattack. While it is true that and untold amount of troops once set foot in the port town, half of them had been recalled to their ships for deployment at the western coast. The Coallition commanders had left a measly 2000 men and 10 partially crewed ships to defend the town, believing that no significant kushan attack could be mounted against a port city so far away from the nearest kushan presence ...even by sea.

Of course not a few weeks had passed after the coallition forces had left that the kushanis had taken over the coastline of vritannis through some rather mysterious means, adn that a fleet of 140 ships was fast approaching from the northeast.

------

The Inn was pretty much full of people and of the noises you'd find in a fine establishment like the White Mussel, although the usual crowd wasn't all good cheer: Many spoke of the coming invasion, or asked whether or not the horror stories about the kushan treatment of prisoners were true. Others *tried* to make light conversation, talking about the fishes or the weather.
Others just tried to enjoy their drink in (fleeting) peace.

The band was sitting at a large round table just across to from the bar...save for Ishidoro, who was at the bar,fruitlessly pestering the innkeeper a pint of ale. Amongst his colorful attempts at procuring one is trying to convince the barkeep that he was really in his forties, and that he was so short because he was a HALFLING.
After other tries at a mug, Ishidoro finally gave up and could not help himself to ask as to why the mood was somewhat foul. The Innkeeper then lauched himself into a lengthy explanation detailing the state of the kushan invasion, the foundation of the Coallition of Holy Kingdoms, the use of Vritannis as a staging point, and the recent devellopments which included the redeployment of the Great Fleet and the VAST majority of the Coallition troops, and then the sudden appearance of a kushan fleet less than a few hours away.

"They're just over the bloody horizon," said the innkeeper. "And it won't be long until we're under Kushan rule. The women and children will be more or less alright...but the things they do to men..." he shuddered.

"So why doesn't everyone just leave?" asked Ishidoro. "beats being thrown into a ditch full of lamp oil along with a lit match..."

"We WOULD. We'd be damned HAPPY to, in fact! But whatever it is that took out the coast's guard posts and watchtowers is still out there lurking in that unseasonably thick fog. Kushan witchcraft at work, i'll wager."

"Well bollocks!" exclaimed a man nearby, setting his pint down on the bar."I'll take Moira and the kids and we're gonna chance it! I don't care if we meet a thousand Kushan Regulars or the Devil himself!"

"And i would not recommend it." said Serpico, grimly.

"And who in blazes are they?" asked the man to the Innkeeper. "they don't look like they're from around here."

"They're not. They came in town just before the fog came along...looked like they had been to hell and back, too..."

"Did they?" He jokingly asked.

"Why don't you ask them?"

"Alright, i will! Oy there! you, in the green garb!"

"It's a cloak." Serpico answered "and, Yes?"

"Right." he said as he approached the table where the rather odd-looking group sat. Ishidoro abandonned his attempts at getting a pint of ale and rejoined his companions in the impending conversation. "Might if i sit here? the table's big enough..."

Serpico looked around to see if the blacksmith's presence would bother anyone. He looked to his mistress: She was so absorbed with her book that he doubted anyone could register to her sense at the moment...besides little miss Silke, who was constantly explaining something to farneze. Caska, surprisingly, was awfully calm and silent.
No doubt she misses the child, he thought.
The Elves were tucked away in Guts's sack, as to avoid causing a stir (or even a lynching, considering the situation)
Guts was the only one who met serpico's gaze, and he wordlessly told him with a wave of the hand "i don't care".

Serpico then looked at...himself. He had not been in a good mood since the attack at the seaside hut, especially since Guts would have nearly killed them all had Silke not been able to "rescue" him. He figured he could use a little light conversation. Though he wished it was with someone more cultured, everyone had been wary of the group since they had set foot in town, and serpico deduced that, besides Ishidoro, this was the only one he could freely talk to.

"Be my guest, Mr?..."

"Randver. other name's Smith...after the profession. And you are?"

"Serpico V... Valiente." He glanced at Farneze, who was still absorbed in her studies. He had never made a slip like that one, and he wondered of this trek was already taking its toll on his mind. Serpico Vendemion, when did he ever feel like he was ever part of that family, despite that it's head is his very own father?

"a pleasure then." The smithy sat down right next to the green clad swordsman. "Now you said something about how i shouldn't make a run for it? that i should just stay here and wait for that jolly thousand of kooshes to march in here plowing through the defenses and start raping me wife while i roast?"

"Well, um, I..." Serpico was obviously quite uncomfortable: the conversation had not turned out the way he had hoped.

-------------------------------------------------

Not much of a cliffhanger to leave this one on, but since this isn't the fanfic section, i think i'll finish this one later.

cheers!

puella

Berserk forever
Sparnage said:
....So this isn't a theory on the next chapter, rather the whole era in vritannis is it?

Ah sorry, I didn't read the first post carefully. :-[
I moved my post to the very OLD thread.

No i'm really wondering, at first I thought it was just the next chapter but it doesn't seem that way judging by the speculations, they seem to cover more.

puella said:
Ah sorry, I didn't read the first post carefully. :-[
I moved my post to the very OLD thread.

People make mistake, furthermore you did not even mistake at all (error rather)... no need to apologise :)

Yes Ign

Sparnage said:
....So this isn't a theory on the next chapter, rather the whole era in vritannis is it?

Yeah we just want the summary of what will happen next, no need to be that detail

Unless you are very sure this is what will happen 2 mths later, a speculation and preview is totally different... If it is a preview yes we want it as detail as possible 8)

WOW, an entire chapter script by Ignus !! very cool

My theory is short, until this chapter iam quite sure the MoonBoy is from ElfsHein, maybe a son of a great wizard.
One fact i take as base to this, is the boy getting inside Gatts mind. SkullKnith said the Hanafubuku (dam name) King can heal Caska´s mind, and so i´m waiting to see this King doing the same thing to her in order to save her sanity.
Even though others may disagree, now im betting this king will be an obstacle to Ganishka army.

Thats all folks =P enjoy the next stories !

Top Bottom