American live action Berserk film casting.

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
Hey guys,

I just stumbled across this site hours after finishing the Anime series and striking out onto the Internet hoping to find out more about what i'd just seen. Anyway I was discussing with a buddy of mine and we were trying to think of who we would cast for Berserk characters. I'm having a super hard time thinking of good people though here's what i got so far.

Caska - Haley Barry (and yes she'd need to take some hardcore acting lessons first)

Rickert - Mason Gamble (the little blond kid from Dennis the Menace and Rushmore)

Corkus - Bill Paxton (winey guy from Aliens, Twister, Tombstone)

Thats it, anyone else got good ideas?

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Nah, there is no one talented enough to portrait any of the Berserk characters...well not any known actors anyway. Complete unknowns however.....

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Hey guys,

I just stumbled across this site hours after finishing the Anime series and striking out onto the Internet hoping to find out more about what i'd just seen.  Anyway I was discussing with a buddy of mine and we were trying to think of who we would cast for Berserk characters.  I'm having a super hard time thinking of good people though here's what i got so far.

Caska - Haley Barry (and yes she'd need to take some hardcore acting lessons first)

Rickert - Mason Gamble (the little blond kid from Dennis the Menace and Rushmore)

Corkus - Bill Paxton (winey guy from Aliens, Twister, Tombstone)

Thats it, anyone else got good ideas?

try checking BSOM BBS, it's got more than adequate amount of ideas....gotta love that Charlie Sheen doing the Guts impression...

i personally think only "unknowns" should portray the characters. hiring big name actors and actresses might only succeed in attracting the wrong audience... plus, not too many famous stars would fit the characters of Berserk...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Haley Joel Osmond and Haley Joel Osmond, As Haley Joel Osmand in Berserk: Millennium Falcon: Chapter of Children Movie Stars gone bad.

Isaac

Yeah but if you use unknown actors then its not fun to try and match them up. You guys need to loosen up a bit. Sorry if i repeated an old beaten thread idea but i'm new here give me a break.

Isaac

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, they (and me maybe?) were a bit harsh. We are mostly just bitter because of what happened today. Dont take us too harshly.

Isaac

Thats cool, i'll just cry myself to sleep over a tub of hagen daas and tommorow i'll be fine.

Confuses the hell out of me how you savages call Message Boards BBS's, sort of like the frontpage assholes calling them Discussion Webs. Ah well to each his own.

So you all send that fucker some serious death threats or what?

I suppose this is a dumbass suggestion and i'm sure someone's shot it down, but couldn't you leave the scans on your server as is, only remove the link to them and then just give the link to people that you trust? Or even put them on an anglefire or geocities site and give friends the link to that?

Isaac

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thats cool, i'll just cry myself to sleep over a tub of hagen daas and tommorow i'll be fine.

Confuses the hell out of me how you savages call Message Boards BBS's, sort of like the frontpage assholes calling them Discussion Webs.  Ah well to each his own.

So you all send that fucker some serious death threats or what?
Calm down.
I suppose this is a dumbass suggestion and i'm sure someone's shot it down, but couldn't you leave the scans on your server as is, only remove the link to them and then just give the link to people that you trust?  Or even put them on an anglefire or geocities site and give friends the link to that?

Isaac
I would, but I am going to respect Hakusensha's request. Legally they have every right to take me to court. But theyre not.

I thought about a live action movie than I thought about horrendous it would be, especially if it's released for Americans.Not to mention so much material would be lost in a movie that is at most 3 hours even it was just 2 volumes of the manga.I just want a second animated series :/ .

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
I'm thinkin' one man movie - Corey Feldman as EVERYONE! ;D

Of course the end can have Corey Haim as Godo...

well as far as the whole unknown actor thing vs big name actors, most movies were made to make money so it'd have more success with big namers... (if marlon wayans wasnt in D&D would it made as much, even as the crappy movie it was?) o_o;

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hey that movie was the most productive experience Ive ever had from a movie in recent times. I (and several other drunken fools) laughed our asses off. Then we had a drunken brawl while falling down on the floor laughing at the "deleted scene" involving a paper cut-out ghost.

aaaaah D+D the movie. The ultimate party addition.

Top Bottom