Why Flora gave Guts the Berserk's Armor

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Besides the point that it was necessary for the crew to survive the upcoming battle, I think their was one more reason behind it. After pondering what will happen to the Guts/Beast dynamic if Caska becomes sane again, I figured that Flora knew Guts would seek the Elf King, and bring this event to pass. The armor itself is forcing a confrontation between Guts and the Beast. One that Guts has to win or die trying (though not dead-dead, if Skulley is any indication).

Simply put, Flora wants Guts to be cured of his Beast problem. Since it seems Skulley died after losing himself in the Berserk's Armor, it would seem that stopped him from berserking, since he always seems collected. My guess is that Flora wants Guts to rise up as the counter to Griffith. In order for Guts to be followed, he has to be able to avoid flipping out and killing everyone around him, and still have a human body.

very good thoughts,

you usually seem to come up with some good stuff ;D,

but you think she really knew about the guts/beast problem, and did sk have that problem too? ???

just curious ;)

- c

I'm sure Flora knew that Guts would have that problem is Skull Knight had the same one too. Flora seems to know alot about the brand and the God Hand.. and just about everything else. However it would be something if Guts learned to use the beast to his aid, and not totally defeat the beast but be able to have that berserker strength but still have his own mind to control himself from attacking his group. I think that would be very helpful to him if he's going to hunt down the God Hand and Griffith's army of apostles...

Woland said:
Simply put, Flora wants Guts to be cured of his Beast problem. Since it seems Skulley died after losing himself in the Berserk's Armor, it would seem that stopped him from berserking, since he always seems collected. My guess is that Flora wants Guts to rise up as the counter to Griffith. In order for Guts to be followed, he has to be able to avoid flipping out and killing everyone around him, and still have a human body.

I don't agree with this personally, yeah he is being forced to confront it but no matter how much he manages to fight it mentally and regain control it seems like the sort of thing that will happen over and over again as long as he can lose himself in a battle (which I don't think will ever change). It seemed like when he first over came it he states to Skully that he was confident of keeping control of the armor, but it didn't take a huge amount of trouble to lose himself in it again. Even hearing Griffiths name was enough to almost bring it out.

Flora as well as Skully was well aware of the dangers of the armor, but reluctantly choose to give it to him because it was the best chance of survival as their journey will continue to get more and more dangerious.
Skully knew this and stated to Guts he would encounter many more Apostles so if he is to know of the growing danger then so would Flora, already he had a bitch of a time surviving killing the amount of Apostles he usually deals with as it was, so I presume Flora and Skully considered the growing amount of danger would be too much for him.

The chances are even though some of his companions are helpful the others are more of a burden, as he has said many times he feels weaker when he has to protect others around him.
Anyway even though Flora says causality is not a circle but rather a spiral I don't think she meant the choice of giving him the Berserker armor was ever meant to be a all win situation where everything works out, but thats my opinion.

Sparnage i see your point... But what Woland mentioned might be Flora true intention... Thanks to his creativity, It help to clear some of the doubt that i had when seeing Guts in such dangerous condition and yet kind Flora actually gave him that armor...

Maybe it wasnt Flora intention for Guts to confront the beast but rather to use its potential power in order to survive instead... Flora knew of Guts inner beast (Which she mentioned it as Kama fire) and maybe she hope Guts will be able to gain control of it and enhance his power to the state beyond anyone imagination...

In order to control it, like Woland said Guts first need to face his own beast... Flora knew it would not be easy therefore she give him the talisman (It work more than just to prevent Guts to get possesed ) abnd knowing that she would not be there when Guts is in danger she had guide Schierke as to help him instead... That maybe the reason why Flora wanted Scherike to follow Guts other than just her safety (Flora might have already anticipated Griff attack and ask Schierke to be follow Guts for safety reason)

And that could explain why Scherike uses the talisman and pull Guts out from his berserker rage... If Guts would be able to utilised the beast true power he might stand a chance to survive... As to why SK perished even though he uses the armor might be because Flora couldnt save him in time, or he didnt have the talisman to keep his ego and therefore he fought to his death...

Look like i gone a bit far today, but other than this nothing could explain why kind gentle Flora would give Guts such an accursed and dangerous item for his journey... :p

Top Bottom