Just ordered the whole friggin series...

All the scans that are on his website will hurt the sales of Berserk. Why can't he just put up text translations, his scans are hurting Berserk more than helping it. All the people who could have bought those volumes and help the sales of the book just look at his scans and wait for him to post up the next volume until he has the whole series up for free. >:(

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Only 8 buck. Thats IS affordable.

Are you referring to the acclimate solutions(spelling?) berserk scripts? If so, I heard that they aren't all that well done. That they are just summaries and not direct translations.

FYI: One day, I bought the game on chance. Loved it so much that soon afterwards I began searching the net and found Sasuga. I bought all 20 volumes at once. All that in one day! Set me back about $150, but well worth it! So, you still think me cheap??? Poor maybe. but not cheap :)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Actually, it looks like he gets generous donations on his PayPal account...

well I remember someone saying he got some money... but do we know how many donations and how much money has been collected?

do we know how many donations and how much money has been collected?

Walter noticed that he received a $50 donation on 9/12, and it looks like he got a $75 one on 9/28, and a $20 one on 9/29... Maybe there was more...

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
sorry but i'd rather keep money for buying original volumes (I am not rich enough,forgive me)
Grrr....another delay for imports products.... >:(
Do I have to go there and take them by myself?

NB: Gomen nasai for talking only about my own problems.None is intersted in, so I won't do it again :eek:

Grrr....another delay for imports products....  >:(
Do I have to go there and take them by myself?

is that why sasuga hasnt replied to my order yet? theyre usually pretty quick to send an email at least detailing what you ordered, but they havent done that yet...
i dunno, maybe i fudged up my email when i wrote it...

I perfer to have the actual volumes versus a digital or a printed copy. I can use them to slap my friends in the face and say here look at this! Berserk rules.

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
Well, now it's finally time for me to order the whole manga series (1-21) but I'm not sure from WHERE yet. Acclmate does have translations, albeit now very good ones. But Animaxis volumes cost 4.15$ per volume! This sounds almost too good to be true, but I seem to remember some old posts on BSOM that said that Animaxis were no good. And Sasugabooks are a bit more expensive than both Acclimate solutions and Animaxis...

what do you suggest?

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
what do you suggest?
I bought the used set from Acclimate. They delivered it to my door within two weeks (I think it was 8 days actually) and the quality of the used set was better than the stuff I buy in my local store. The translations are not good, but they’ll get you through the book until a better alternative arrives. No need buying translations for the volumes that are translated here, they are way better. Think of them as medium/bad quality fansubs. They also replied promptly to all my mail inquiries about other series not on their page, and seemed generally helpful.

I’ve never ordered from either Animaxis, or Sasuga books, so I can’t compare.

Well… that’s my experiences, I know other people has ordered from the other places, so perhaps you’ll get a review from them…

quick question: is beserk availible in volumes un-edited in the us? and where? I just found out about beserk a few days ago when I watched half a the series borrowed from a friend...

bleh, it would occur that when I would just happen to find a site that houses the manga translated it'd be down

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Not translated... Most people order it from the net. Check out the FAQ if you have any questions... ;D

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
What percentage of the existing story would you say is synopsisized in the story seciton of the FAQ?

Also i'd like to say god bless whoever wrote those because they are very well done. And not to seem ungreatful but when can we expect more?

Isaac

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What percentage of the existing story would you say is synopsisized in the story seciton of the FAQ?

Also i'd like to say god bless whoever wrote those because they are very well done.  And not to seem ungreatful but when can we expect more?

Isaac
Well, there are 21 (or 22 if you count what youve seen in the Current section) volumes, and So far 1-8, and 13-17 have been summarized.

A lot of different people contributed. Their names are listed at the end of each summary, and if its not, then its by me. What volumes would you like further summaries for? 9-12? or 17-21? (17's still isnt completed yet)

Isaac

"and when king alexander saw the breadth of h
Well i'm less concerned about 9-12 becasue for the most part i've seen that in the Anime series. So the rest of 17 and on would be wonderful.

So when you people are talking about spending gazillions of dollars buying the imported versions of the Manga from Sausaga or wherever, do they come translated or does everyone but me speak Japanese? Or do ya'll just look at the pictures and read the translations on here or what?

Isaac

Top Bottom