Guts' Berserk Mode?

I always assumed that when Guts goes nuts his eyes/eye goes white. The two games show it change to red. And the beast armors eyes are red. So does that mean that the beasts eyes are red? And is Guts' eye/eyes supposed to turn red or white? The anime shows them turn white. And I was just wondering how it's supposed to be.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Nah, I'm curious as to how it's supposed to look.
Deciding the official colors of anything in Berserk has always been murky water. Next time you get a chance, ask Miura what color Skull Knight and Void's gums/skin are supposed to be.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Yeah, I think Skull Knight has been anything from bone colored to green over the course of the series (if I'm remembering correctly here). And of course there's Femto, who seems to range anywhere from black, blueish, purplish, or some kind of magenta.

I wouldn't count on consistency in this case either. As long as it looks pretty neat, I overlook it. 8)

kimchan said:
Yeah, I think Skull Knight has been anything from bone colored to green over the course of the series (if I'm remembering correctly here).  And of course there's Femto, who seems to range anywhere from black, blueish, purplish, or some kind of magenta.

I wouldn't count on consistency in this case either. As long as it looks pretty neat, I overlook it.  8)
dont forget that deep reddish color he was in the anime

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Im guessing more then half of the anime was not approved by miura ??? ? I mean the manga came out before the anime, and it was probably already finalized that femto is blue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
The two games show it change to red.

Well, in the cinematic scenes of the PS2 game, Guts' eye is white.

DemonX said:
I mean the manga came out before the anime, and it was probably already finalized that femto is blue.

Definitely.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
DemonX said:
Im guessing more then half of the anime was not approved by miura ??? ? I mean the manga came out before the anime, and it was probably already finalized that femto is blue.
actualy, I think I remember reading that Miura was greatly involved in the anime. Something like, he wanted to make sure they did it right... I think he was saying hes more trusting now and stay out of it more...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
He made lots of corrections, but obviously not enough, from what I remember, he didn't had time to get involved as much as he wanted back then.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Too bad he didn't rectify the skully situation, not to mention that whole mess with Griffith on the first episode.

Now if there ever is a second season of berserk(doubtful) it will be a butchered mess.

Or, was that Miuras point, did he know there would never be a second season, so he was trying to give the anime a little more finality?

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Mejumi Nomiko said:
Too bad he didn't rectify the skully situation, not to mention that whole mess with Griffith on the first episode.

Now if there ever is a second season of berserk(doubtful) it will be a butchered mess.

Or, was that Miuras point, did he know there would never be a second season, so he was trying to give the anime a little more finality?

That seems like the most obvious reasoning for the "mistakes" in the anime. In the end, Griffith obtains his dream and becomes king.. and Guts pursues his neverending quest for vengence. I suppose they could make a second season, but theyd have to just ignore the "King Griffith" thing and introduce Skull Knight in flashbacks. If not then it would be, as you said, a butchered mess.

Top Bottom