Who's the slain creature on Berserk 3?

BiQ_

" ... "
If you're talking about the count, then go back to the Vols 1+2. That is really all the explanation we are given as to who the count is, and I doubt we will see anything more about that ordeal again in Berserk. Even though some people have speculated about the possibility of count's daughter to try and carry out her revenge on Guts later, those theories do seem somewhat unrealistic.

Then again, gigantic plot twists are not exactly uncommon in Berserk...

DarkDragoon said:
But ya'd think that it being on the cover would mean it actually has some part in the story. Guess not.

There are a few volumes like that, I'm not sure what Guts is meant to be swinging his sword at on the cover of volume 16 but the only real villain he is fighting around that time is Roshinu before she dies, and it doesn't look much like her.

My best guess is they probably didn't want to use the same enemy on two covers, rather use a bit of variation. Seeing the cover is a important part of the Manga's advertisement it would look a bit more fresh if they did.... that wouldn't explain why they just didn't use the Count for the cover of volume 3 though. Not that I care, volume 3 cover still looks cool to me.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
redria said:
its cool looking, but guts looks like a kid
Well, the very first golden age arc featuring Gut's as eleven years old is in that volume.

So I guess it makes sense right?

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
redria said:
hes not a kid when hes the black swordsman though..oh well
Thats my point, since the cover features two different era's/arcs, it shows you exactaly what your getting.

It's just trying to do it with Artistic Flair instead of spoon feeding it to you.

I'm sorry if you can't understand that :'(

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Either that or hes not supposed to look kiddish in it, and we're just seeing it that way.. even though he doesn't look all that kiddish to me.

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Smith said:
My god said that again...

38 feet wide, isn't that creature from Guts childhood nightmares, the one that he keeps cutting and cutting but can't hurt? Maybe I'm wrong on this (its been know to happen before)...

Top Bottom