Desperation attack! SHINkuuu....PARADISELOSTINSULT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
...after the last comments that Walter, and Cronus, and Oliver said...

...well, what can I say...

...only...no comment, I have never seen idiots like this Board Administrator...

biez
Im sure most of you have seen the  atrocity that is Paradiselost's apparent attempt at revenge, or some sort of LAST CHANCE move on virtually every post in this board. We are most likely going to ban him today, however...We would like your approval. He is,  of cource a part of the community and NONE OF US want this to become some sort of group where people are punished for speaking their mind. Its just that Paradiselost has been extremely excessive for months in flagrantly accusing native-speaking english Americans of bad english, claiming that Olivier needs to further understand Berserk and become more educated (although indirectly complementing him with a double negative in the same post) and generally becomeing a disturbance on the board.

THe point of this post is...Who agrees with the admin's on the banning decision? We want this to be a community decision. We will require 20 responses in favor of Paradiselost's ban in order to take action against it.

Otherwise, it would just be a select group of people not wanting to hear his posts anymore. And thats just unfair. So, state your agreeances, or disputes here.

Re: Desperation attack! SHINkuuu....PARADISELOSTIN

I think the only reason he wasn't banned earlier was that his insults were so absurd it was stupifying.  Stuff like, "...Oliver, boy, ignorance much is in the points made of you" and crap.  Besides his having absolutely no authority to judge anyone else's intelligence (seeing how he has none himself), I thought it was hilarious how he kept degrading others with "tea kettle calling the pot black" (or whatever) comments without expecting resentment.

Oh, and his 15-25 posts a day were a bit annoying since all he ever said was:

"...............I have been educated by the best men since when you were not born.  Your logic fails in the glowshine of my utterences of intellect"

.... ;) ;) ;) ;)"

I think if he left (or was banned) that the average IQ of the board's members would double...so, I agree with you

viridis

lost in the swirling mist

I have done more lurking here than posting, but I think that last "desparation attack" by paradiselost shows that he doesn't care about the board here anymore, and was just a blatant request to be banned. So I would agree with the Admins' decision to ban him, and I would like to thank the Admins for being so open and fair and willing to forgive. I'd never be able to moderate a board like this.....

*tips his hat*

He has posted the same message all over the boards so it seems to me that he wants to be banned so ban him.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

I honestly feel that he probably should be removed. But I feel sorta bad at the same time.

I don't feel the guy is capable of contributing to these boards, and I think most people would agree with that.

I'm not sure exactly weather his comments are the result of extreme ignorance, or if the guy is just an asshole.

I do know, that posting on the boards, for me anyway, is much less fun because of the guy, and so far he's done nothing but irratate me. But frankly, I'm a pretty irratable kinda guy. Lots of people get on my nerves. And I'd suspect I do the same for others. So I'm not 100% sure if I have justification to want him gone.

But in the end, yes, i feel he's a nusance, and I had already gotten completetly fed up with him long ago. Bring down the hammer I guess.

he even pissed off Olivier! :eek:
he has also purposly annoyed every member on this board thus far. i cant really say that he's done anything else but that...
so, i give my vote. but you could always ban him for maybe a day or two as a warning right? just a thought...

EDIT: oh fuck it, ban him now.
seeing as how he posts the exact same message in every active thread should be enough to ban him...

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....

I normally just ignore people who posted what seems like gibberish/mad ranting. ;D However, in this case, he took up a lot of room on the board, and a lot of our patience. I still wouldn't vote him off, except he posted on (almost?) all of theads with the same annoying message. >:( This is an abuse of the board in that he's essentially using it to further his own incomprehensible agenda. Have him do that elsewhere. :(

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

he's realy out of line and being rude to nearly every >:( so I just say ban him.

forgot to add he was already told to stop being an ass soo there's another reason.

he even pissed off Olivier! :eek:

Not really... I was pissed about that Episode 83 thing (but I don't even know if I really believe him when he says that he's already seen that episode, "many times" on top of that), but these days, I just think he's so stupid that's funny, that's all.
And as far as I'm concerned, I just love to read dumb people's pointless rants when I need some kind of ego-boost.
I guess that would be the two (egoistical) reasons why I wouldn't ban him, personally.

Also, from a more objective point of view, should we ban him because of what he is (an arrogant and moronic asshole, in my humble opinion), anyway?

But he just flooded the board with one of his idiotic posts, so I guess he would deserve that...

(by the way, I don't think that pissing me off is _that_ difficult, really ^^ )

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

The idea of someone being banned is hard concept for me to except, as I’m sure it is for many others out there, but for me it just comes down to the fact that he has such a negative affect on the board as a whole.  I don’t care if he or anyone contributes or not, but he doesn’t just add nothing, he takes something away. This isn’t about petty differences or personal feelings; he threatens the health of the entire Berserk community, and that’s about the only good reason I can think of banning anyone.

-Griffith

The guy simply has an ego problem, thinks he speaks his perfect English instead, slams people saying they need to learn english more bettar when it's quite obvious he probably copy/pasted that out of a text file that says "What to put when you do not know WTF they're saying to you."

I don't want to read threads because of the guy. He insults me on a very personal level for trying to explain to him that 99.9% of his posts have seemed to have no meaning or relation to the topic at hand. I won't miss him, that's for certain.

mangykid-cinnaman

Why?? why?? why the slaughter of ewoks?!?! noooooo

well, i wouldn't miss him either but he made a good comic relief, that's for sure. "you are not interpetting what you said more clearly about me" what does that mean? he spits out crap that sounds like a philosopher on crack. ithink he's hilarious as all hell, but he's pretty "moronic to the point of annnoyance" or "annoy is what i do like moronic" as he would put it. he could be kicked off i guess, so im for it. also, i thought his text at the bottom was funny and have had mine making fun of his for my "purposes". cronus' is good too.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*

Ha....I thought he was a comic relief until he starts sending me kisses continuously on BOTH ICQ and message board's private messages, when he NEVER actually knew who the fuuuk I am nor do I know him for longer than a few messages. And the problem is from that there's no dialogue going on, it's just one-way him sending me kisses...I had enough of his "politeness" to me and is sick of trying to be fair to suggest him to stop pressing people down with no particular reason, and I was about to add him to the ignore list today anyway, so I'd push the banning to happen. (Yes, please pity me on this situation ;D)

mangykid-cinnaman:
Man, your bottom message is funny...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

Well I am against banning in general. Tomorow it may happen to some of us. However, in this specific case, there are things to consider. First of all, I wish to note I am trying to keep an objective note avout plost. I understand his language barrier,a s I posted earlier, which is maybe 80% of his behaviour. But those 80% generated great misunderstanding he interpretated as attacks on his personality. His mistake was to react with a certain dose of arrogance, which later escalated into pure insulting. Still, I had symptahy for the guy.
Then he flipped, and his posts just degenerated, to reach the bottom with his suicide act of abuse. I believe that you need not ban him, for he has decided to leave anyway.
One must also accept responsability for his actions, and the moderators must punish those who break the rules of normal behaviour. It has nothing to do with berserk. I also need to make a decision, since bystanding is for bitches.
I vote him off this board, and hope he finds balance.

Saluti

aelka

You're right, it's on his misinterpretation most of the time. But much more times it was HIM that started picking on people's english skills first. Like when Olivier was just plain replying to what others think, he'd just step in and say people are misinterpreting things and have language problems thus needs school or some bullshit...I wonder what he'd end up doing? Find another message board, and say on the bottom, "have been a dragonball fan since 1991" and starts bombing kiddie manga fannies about how they are still in elementary schools and shall continue studying in english?

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

I would say do NOT ban him.

I am very much against that sort of behaviour in general, although I also recognise the right of the owner of the board to do whatever he pleases. This is your house Walther, you can do whatever you want with it.

In my opinion things just got out of hand and escalated, but if everyone just calmed down and took a step back it could go back to normal. So what if he gets on people's nerves sometimes, just ignore the bullshit and post back to the real posts. I get SO pissed off at some things here, but I never replies to those posts, why should I? I must say that he's not the only one at fault here, sure he taunts people for not understanding english (which is rather funny all things considered), but once this episode 83 debacle got going I saw people jump his throat for little reason. Sure it was in bad form to post that message to every single thread, but it was obvious that he was pissed and felt hurt. Then you do things like that. I mean, lets get a perspective here, it's not like he hacked the board or wrote pages long rants to defend his viewpoints.

I guess I should've perhaps tried to defuse this situation earlier, but I've been on vacation and just thought that this was a little thing that would soon blow over. But I would still say that this is fixable. Just as long as people back off and laughs at the situation instead. Yeah, that includes Paradise Lost too, he needs to grow a bit thicker skin.

So, don't ban him, don't argue with him, just let things slide. This is after all just the first conflict on this board of many to come. Should we ban them all? Once that trend gets started its very hard to stop, where should the line be drawn? If Yong posted updates for his page here, should he be banned? And so on... Banning people tend to give a guestbook a very bad reputation, and if the person banned is persistent enough he can always come back under another alias, using another IP and then things escalates... I want NO flame wars here, I've had enough of them!

In the immortalised words of one of my best friends: "It's just words on a screen, man..."

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

I agree with fishbomb about banning, but you see...
you can't post crap as you please. I am very happy to see somebody posted something on a thread, but then I see just some crappy whining and I go nuts. I do pay for the Internet you know, and it ain't as nearly as fast as in anyone elses country, so take it from the practical side. I may be rash to vote for his ban and I regret to do so, but rules are rules.
You can fight with everyone here if you like, but don't post useless messages that take up good space and distort the topic to a negative side...

Fishbomb

Yeah, White Hawk, I see what you mean. I can't really say anything on this subject because quite frankly I haven't had any problems with him. It's not my board, he has not fucked with me, I have not fucked with him. I just spoke from general principles.

But as for posting things that are of no use... hell, then we'd have to ban a lot of people here *grins* that's unfortunately one of the drawbacks of a heavily populated message board.

aelka

But as for posting things that are of no use... hell, then we'd have to ban a lot of people here *grins* that's unfortunately one of the drawbacks of a heavily populated message board.

Yeah... :( you're quite right fishy
... :-/ thanks for reminder...
...:)...

...but I must say I was creeped out myself, my guy just tends to laugh at the messages I got, but then, he started to scare me a bit in a total scale! ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I am very much against that sort of behaviour in general, although I also recognise the right of the owner of the board to do whatever he pleases. This is your house Walther, you can do whatever you want with it.
That has nothing to do with it, I want what the community wants
In my opinion things just got out of hand and escalated, but if everyone just calmed down and took a step back it could go back to normal. So what if he gets on people's nerves sometimes, just ignore the bullshit and post back to the real posts.
Thats exactly how i have and still do feel about this situation. I have no problem ignoring people...However, "other" people on here feel otherwise. I personally didnt even pay attention to Paradiselost until about a month ago. Then everyone started complaining. Id much rather ignore his posts, but it seems that a lot of us just cant do that...

Fishbomb

That has nothing to do with it, I want what the community wants

Sorry if my earlier comment came off as a bit abrupt, I didn't mean it that harsh. Just recognised your right as the host *smiles*I think that this discussion here is great, and perhaps if people all get a chance to vent a little things might calm down. All in all I think it was a good thread to start, hell knows things could have escalated a lot more if not somebody did something about it.

P

paradiselost

:) At first I really apreciate your message FishBomb...and all people who replied me without offending me in this Board...But I can't ignore such a ignorant and rude replies like in this topic (only dedicated to the dangerous Paradiselost!!! wow)...even if I'm bigger then you and bigger men haven't to reply...."Don't care of them but see and go on" as Dante said....( do you know?)...
>:(
...Ok guys...I see here, as well as I was thinking writing my modest opinion on this board, you replied me only attacking myself and my opinion, without take care of the only important here, Berserk I mean :( :( :(
Maybe the Administrators of that board missed their mind 'cause of the terrible events of these days...but HERE WE HAVE ONLY TO SPEAK ABOUT BERSERK....and more and more you did'nt...
The board could be an excellent way of communication, but these communication needs criticism also, not only to other people but to ourselves first of all!
:-X
As FishBomb said this is Walter's home..so he can ban me..This is not a problem: it's only another thing comproving my point of view. Inside this BBS we are under a totalitaristic conception of communication: so you only can say what you want without other people reply or consider offended if you stress continuously my bad English or my stupid point of view about Berserk topic!
It's clear you have no experience of well comunication....You don't work every day with things like this so you can't appreciate that in a board people need to discuss and not to have AN ABSOLUT DOGMA about Berserk. Are we in The Middle Age?
Its seems to be true:" Inquisition for President! Yeah!"
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
That' s really incredible: you are so young...and maybe don't know the rules of World of the adults, joking with the sensibility of other people, thinking you're the best in the World and so on...Life will teach you, that's for sure... :-X
You're going to write now I signed my last offens to be banned!
So ban me! You are going to show to be little and without criticism...and more to be incapable to discuss planely about a simple, but important for "our" (maybe not for your at this point) life like Berserk...
:( :( :( :(
You simply don't accept another opionion than your...So I invite you to ban me: that could be better 'cause you have an insane terror of my opinion and of me, of course...
That's all people!
>:(
So you really closed your bord: but you: me not!
Pleased to meet you....let's see!!!
:) :) :) :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Your accusing ME of not critically thinking about the situation? Umm...Did you completely miss the point of having your banning be a vote? It would be a community decision, not the administrators.
"You are going to show to be little and without criticism...and more to be incapable to discuss planely about a simple, but important for "our" (maybe not for your at this point) life like Berserk..."
I think hes trying to say: "If you ban me you will prove yourself to be small minded and completely lacking in self-criticism...And are incapable of discussing plainly about a simple but important life like Berserk."

And if youll do the proper research, this all escalated when Paradiselost took advice and critiques too personally; refusing to acknowledge that he was wrong (I remember something like "Maybe you should be mor educated about Berserk, Olivier."). THEN the shit started flying across the room

"Maybe when you grow old and are not young you will understand the elaboration of the old mans terror incumbate. Further communication, is better and critiquable!"
-Pierre, sitting next to me

PS: I love the fact that Im being preached to about my lack of properly communicating by the guy that has 90% of the board completely confused...

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.

i think that his posting is starting to fall under the category of spamming. if you can get him to only post his crazy crap in the "shooting the breeze" section, where most of it belongs, we could stop this. however, i don't think he's going to obey that. i don't care too much one way or another, since he's only a minor annoyance, but he really should not post all over the boards, that gets on my nerves. & he also derails EVERY thread he posts on. seems like every post he makes causes the conversations to degenerate into personal arguments ending in confusion for all. which is fine, as long as it's contained within the "shooting the breeze" section, & NOT everywhere else. i think with all the insults he tosses, he actually violates some of the YaBB TOS agreement clauses anyway.
that wasn't a very well structured paragraph, but i'm sick as a dog today so i'm even lazier than usual. but, my point is, i would like to see him either behave or banned. i think somebody needs to carefully explain the rules & ettiquite of the board to this guy, maybe in italian (if that's practical). if he continues, ban him.

aelka

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Beep me if I am wrong on any signs!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The board could be an excellent way of communication, but these communication needs criticism also, not only to other people but to ourselves first of all!
CONTRADICTION ALERT! CONTRADICTION ALERT!

Inside this BBS we are under a totalitaristic conception of communication: so you only can say what you want without other people reply or consider offended if you stress continuously my bad English or my stupid point of view about Berserk topic!

It's clear
you have no experience of well comunication....You don't work every day with things like this so you can't appreciate that in a board people need to discuss and not to have AN ABSOLUT DOGMA about Berserk.
Look, I know a lot of people, including me, contributed to this for the last two days, but I thought this all started when you started telling people needed English skills and needs education or something FIRST!

That' s really incredible: you are so young...
1) How the hell do YOU know?!?!?  You might be 13 thinking you're 026!
2) This is the EXACT reason why people are picking on you: out of the blue, you start to critisize people on your personal level thinking everyone has egological problems in all levels, WITHOUT reason, WITHOUT logic, and WITHOUT a purpose.

...and maybe don't know the rules of World of the adults, joking with the sensibility of other people, thinking you're the best in the World and so on...Life will teach you, that's for sure...

If you think we are so young and unfulfilled by reality, why the hell are you arguing with a bunch of "miscommunicating teenagers" and picking on their social and academic skills so intensely thinking you are our savior or something?

You simply don't accept another opionion than your...

CONTRADICTION ALERT!CONTRADICTION ALERT!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom