Something just hit me

I'm sure someone else must have seen this, but I just read through the eclipse again, and I saw the count and the demon Guts killed in the first page of Vol 1. I saw both of those demons at the eclipse. The count removed Pippin's body in half in front of Guts and that woman ate Corkus. I don't remember seeing that snake demon guy there but I know I saw the count and that sex demon thing. Does Guts knows these apostles were at the eclipse? Or is this just a result of Mirua running out of ideas so he drew the same apostles twice.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
redria said:
i guess demons can go in and out of that place
Well Apostles can do whatever they want right? Maybe at that time they were like zoddo and had a hand in orchestrating the eclipse, or maybe they were drawn to the power of the beherit and assembled there as a result. Then again it's not the material world, so maybe they can transcend into that world with ease.

But Guts definatley saw The Count rip Pippin apart. Wouldn't you think he'd remember that the count was there that night? He must have.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
brunoafh said:
But Guts definatley saw The Count rip Pippin apart. Wouldn't you think he'd remember that the count was there that night? He must have.
If I remeber correctly, Guts was moving fast to dodge bieng killed, also it was a very horrific experience, it's possible he could've not gotten a very good look at it, or forced himself to forget. I remeber hearing cases where people who watched traumatic events tried to force themselves to forget, may be the same with this.

i agree,

like alcoholics,

its mandatory for them to attend the AA meeting......

well, hmmmmmm.....

seriously, i think that they were either there for the ceremony or miura used them volumes (and years by the way) later,

maybe to see if we were paying attention,

or to see if we forgot  :-X,

- c

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Sparnage said:
Even if Apostles can do what they want, it's still probably an obligation for them to attend such ceremony's.

Kinda like reservations, or a Birthday party invitation or something?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fun for the whole family!"
"You are cordially invited to attend the Eclipse Pagaman-jammy-jam. Party will start at 5PM *sharp*, followed by feast of human flesh at 6PM, after party entertainment and drinks in the form of the "not-to-be missed" hilarious highjinks of "The Struggler" including the sacrifice and desecration of everything the infamous "Band of the Hawks" hold dear!

Party will culminate in what I know you've all been waiting for... the triumphant ascension of the 5th and final Godhand!!! w00t!

**Including special guest apearence by none that Skullkinght himself!**

Please RSVP no later than Friday the 13th.

See you there,

Idea of Evil

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
brunoafh said:

Remembering individual faces in large groups of people is hard enough, nevermind large groups of ugly, deformed monsters with 15 mouths and tongues growing out of their foreheads.

Eddie said:
also it was a very horrific experience, it's possible he could've not gotten a very good look at it, or forced himself to forget. I remeber hearing cases where people who watched traumatic events tried to force themselves to forget, may be the same with this.

But for my personal opinion i am quite sure he remember every single one of the apostle!!! That why one of those few apostles he set off to kill were the one who were directly involved in killing Guts best friends (Most obvious one is Pippin and Corkus) He one that he remembered especially were all killed by him eventally

Then again this is just my idea

I Agree with Smith. Guts saw the Count when he wasn't busy doding and killing. It was the part after Gaston dies and he's standing in the pool of blood. This must by why he set off to kill the count. I know I am looking at the demon from the beginning of Vol 1 and the count at the eclipse right now.

I

Italian_demon

Smith said:
But for my personal opinion i am quite sure he remember every single one of the apostle!!! That why one of those few apostles he set off to kill were the one who were directly involved in killing Guts best friends (Most obvious one is Pippin and Corkus) He one that he remembered especially were all killed by him eventally

Then again this is just my idea

I absolutely Agree with Smith!
It is abviously right!
Guts face turns to poor hate for them cause they are apostles but also cause he can recon them one by one as he met them earlier before!
Guts feels hate and vegeance feels against them!!

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
My question about the theory is how guts was able to know that these were the specific apostles, since they aren't normally in apostle form? My thought was that it was a coincidence that the apostle he was hunting happened to be the count or the demon that ate corcus, but once he found out it fueled his rage. :)

Headless Death said:
My question about the theory is how guts was able to know that these were the specific apostles, since they aren't normally in apostle form? 
im guessing that muira decided to show those certain apostles being killed out of the many that guts had already killed

Headless Death said:
My thought was that it was a coincidence that the apostle he was hunting happened to be the count or the demon that ate corcus, but once he found out it fueled his rage. :)

My feeling tell me it wasnt, though that might be the likely senarios... Guts were to hunt them one by one, starting with the one whom he remember vividly, as to how Guts knew their whereabout, I am quite sure he will find them somehow, with this kind of determination like him, those poor demons are not going to escape from Guts as long as they stay on Earth...

Then again this might also be Muira idea to convey us that how revengeful Guts can be (This already can be seen clearly from the speech he made in vol 13 in front of SK while fighting the dead)...

I

Italian_demon

Headless Death said:
My question about the theory is how guts was able to know that these were the specific apostles, since they aren't normally in apostle form?  My thought was that it was a coincidence that the apostle he was hunting happened to be the count or the demon that ate corcus, but once he found out it fueled his rage. :)

Well, yes maybe in the beginning it might be that GUts doesn't recon the Specific Apostle, but certainly he did after saying the monster form!
Often his feelings grow during the fight, in fact!
(in the Vol.1 the Monster Lady i think he recon her since the beginning as she attracts victimes looking a wonderful Lady and then changing... for GUts shouldn't be a problem as he's brand detect her...)

Well his feelings are suppose to grow during the fight.. but shouldn't Guts have thought to himself that he remebmered the Count from the eclipse? It seems like there'd be at least one or two panels of him remembering... or something...

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
brunoafh said:
I'm sure someone else must have seen this, but I just read through the eclipse again, and I saw the count and the demon Guts killed in the first page of Vol 1. I saw both of those demons at the eclipse. The count removed Pippin's body in half in front of Guts and that woman ate Corkus. I don't remember seeing that snake demon guy there but I know I saw the count and that sex demon thing. Does Guts knows these apostles were at the eclipse? Or is this just a result of Mirua running out of ideas so he drew the same apostles twice.

I think miura just pushed them in at the eclipes to get that "Hey, I remember those guys at the begining of the manga" reaction out of the reader.

That's a simple way to put it.. a bit sloppy if you ask me.. hell who am I to complain, I'm not the mastermind behind Berserk, I'm sure he has his reasons.

Kyosuke said:
Kinda like reservations, or a Birthday party invitation or something?

"Fun for the whole family!"
"You are cordially invited to attend the Eclipse Pagaman-jammy-jam. Party will start at 5PM *sharp*, followed by feast of human flesh at 6PM, after party entertainment and drinks in the form of the "not-to-be missed" hilarious highjinks of "The Struggler" including the sacrifice and desecration of everything the infamous "Band of the Hawks" hold dear!

Party will culminate in what I know you've all been waiting for... the triumphant ascension of the 5th and final Godhand!!! w00t!

**Including special guest apearence by none that Skullkinght himself!**

Please RSVP no later than Friday the 13th.

See you there,

Idea of Evil

Naaa, I would expect it to be more like a social/business convention for members of a certain company industry held in Las vegas. Something like a get together for business and snacks (the snacks being the branded sacrifices). ;)

brunoafh said:
That's a simple way to put it.. a bit sloppy if you ask me.. hell who am I to complain, I'm not the mastermind behind Berserk, I'm sure he has his reasons.

Well it makes the story a bit more interesting to have little moments of "hey I remember him from a few years later in the Black swordsmans life" as Demon X has already said, but there is no reason why they shouldn't have anyway as it fits the story together just that bit better.

I don't know what is so sloppy about it, after all Miura would have known characters like the count and the slutty Apostle would stand out later on knowing that they should be few that are shown being killed by Guts, for killing essential Hawk members. It's the same with those from "eve of the festival" like Roshinu and such.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Uh, some of the above posts confuse me :-\...but the simple fact of the matter is that Guts didn't remember those characters. The Eclipse showed both the Count and the succubi in Apostle form, not human form. Therefore, how could Guts have known that the Count was Pippin's killer and that Slann's biggest fan was Corkus' killer? He knew that they were Apostles, yeah, his brand told him that, but I think you're just supposed to assume that after the Eclipse he wandered around until his brand reacted. Pinpointing each of the Hawk's killers would be pretty difficult for several reasons...

I agree with DemonX also. Miura may have also done that so that he could give his readers some satisfaction that at least the main Hawk's killers are dead.

Speaking of the Great Eclipse avenging, I hope Miura shows us that weird floor Apostle that chews on Judeau's horse :p

The scenes of the same Apostles are not in there for Guts personal "you die because you killed this member of the Hawks" sake, but for the reader. What matters is that we as the reader know in some cases of which Apostle killed who. In the end it doesn't matter if Guts knew, as long as he kills the Apostle.

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
The scenes of the same Apostles are not in there for Guts personal "you die because you killed this member of the Hawks" sake, but for the reader. What matters is that we as the reader know in some cases of which Apostle killed who. In the end it doesn't matter if Guts knew, as long as he kills the Apostle.

I generally agree with this post but i have some doubts to believe that Guts did't notice the Apostle that splitted in twice Pupin one of his best friends, especially after he attached it himself already during the Eclips!
Anyway he didn't mention that he was remembering about them, so this is a good point that supports the theory of Guts just killing everything that activates his brand!

Top Bottom