What happened to the Sword of Resonance?

Hello everybody!

I think pretty much everyone know of the "Sword of Resonance" that SkullKnight litteraly gets out of his mouth to get Guts and himself out of shit...

What I was asking myself, is why SkullKnight is no longer using this "Sword" during the battle against the apostles who were after the witch's head... For me, it looks like a regular sword, not one forged with the Eggs...

Was the "Sword" a one-time deal? Or did he just decided not to show it, keeping it for a more suited occasion (at this point, I realize it might be more suited in Speculation... oups...)?

So, what d'you think?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
lordedward said:
Was the "Sword" a one-time deal? Or did he just decided not to show it, keeping it for a more suited occasion (at this point, I realize it might be more suited in Speculation... oups...)?

So, what d'you think?
Technically, he's still using the sword, it's just no longer "resonating" 8)

xechnao said:

There is no reason to suggest he can't pull the Resonance sword thing again if he wanted, it was just convenient to use at the given time of jumping space, but I think there is a good chance of seeing it happen again in the future at the right moment.

I don't think it's the sort of thing that needs to be used in a time of combat which is why he didn't use it when Flora's mansion was being burnt to the ground, or before he needed to jump space when he was fighting Slann.

Thats why he says at that particular moment that it's a good time to test his new blade. Not for combat, for entering different parts of space.

I think the reason why Behelits can make a sword with such power is because a Behelit can create boundaries between worlds, and if they do summon a godhand they can be used again later on in the hands of a different person, so seeing Skullys sword is made of them then why it be limited to one time thing?

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
He has been using that sword for a VERY long time.
If you look back at the chapters immeadiately after Guts gets the berserk armor you see an image of the armor's previous user getting his blood drained, holding a sword that looks exactly like Skully's... ala it was Skully.

Just remembered: sword used against Zodd looks a little different... so who knows.

Rakshas

Be quiet... You are already dead...
Sword of resonnance is a "combo". Sword of SK + behelit wich has been eaten by SK. I think he can use it, more than one time, just pulling it in his corpse.

Sparnage said:
There is no reason to suggest he can't pull the Resonance sword thing again if he wanted, it was just convenient to use at the given time of jumping space, but I think there is a good chance of seeing it happen again in the future at the right moment.

Thats why he says at that particular moment that it's a good time to test his new blade. Not for combat, for entering different parts of space.
I think you are wrong
Skullknight just said that he could try to use it there although he was thinking to use it uniquelly to undertake the five(GH) in the vortice

Doesn't this "uniquelly" suggest that it was a one time deal? Or at least considering the behelits that he had allready eaten?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
xechnao said:
I think you are wrong
Skullknight just said that he could try to use it there although he was thinking to use it uniquelly to undertake the five(GH) in the vortice

Doesn't this "uniquelly" suggest that it was a one time deal? Or at least considering the behelits that he had allready eaten?

Skully has been eating behelits for a while, so I think that he has been using that sword for a long time, but however it was not as strong at first. Now, since he has eaten so many behelits, the sword grows stronger and stronger.

xechnao said:
I think you are wrong

Skullknight says it is a suitable time to try out his new blade, then says it's something he intends to wield for the purpose of taking down the Godhand. He doesn't seem to say either of these things like it's a one time thing.

If the chance comes up to jump space again then expect to see him do the Sword trick in the mouth thing to bring it out, because there is no evidence to suggest that it is a one time thing, and I expect it to be a important part of certain things to come.

Sparnage said:
Skullknight says it is a suitable time to try out his new blade, then says it's something he intends to wield for the purpose of taking down the Godhand. He doesn't seem to say either of these things like it's a one time thing.

I took the phrase from my manga and posted above so I am pretty positive first place what sk is saying ...
Now I want to ask you if this "uniquelly" suggest that it was something "consumeable"?

xechnao said:
I took the phrase from my manga and posted above so I am pretty positive first place what sk is saying ...
Now I want to ask you if this "uniquelly" suggest that it was something "consumeable"?

I don't really know what you are saying, but at this rate we are simply going to go around in circles, so i'll make you a deal;
I'm going to get the address of this thread so If Skully does end up using the sword again I will resurect this thread and tell you that I was right and you were wrong, however if the whole series happens and the sword never makes a intro again then we will assume you were right and you can rub my face in it all you like, K?

Sparnage said:
I don't really know what you are saying, but at this rate we are simply going to go around in circles, so i'll make you a deal;
I'm going to get the address of this thread so If Skully does end up using the sword again I will resurect this thread and tell you that I was right and you were wrong, however if the whole series happens and the sword never makes a intro again then we will assume you were right and you can rub my face in it all you like, K?

Hehe Lol
I think you didn't get my attitude
I was asking at ya what do you think that "uniquelly" chosen word in the manga suggest if it seems it suggests something

I might be wrong to think the word was kinda chosen to show that the behelit-sword's conservation had some lasting feel thus it propably was a one-time deal
So I was asking what do you think about this
Perhaps IT IS just my impression, being paranoid about the importance of that scene (thus being influenced to feel that it was a one time deal indeed)

xechnao said:
If it's a "try", that means he'll be able to perform that trick again later. Duh.

Olivier Hague said:
If it's a "try", that means he'll be able to perform that trick again later. Duh.

It didn't necessarily mean a "try" the way he put it.
However, it was also a verb, not a noun
"I will try"...is not the same in its contest with..."I will make of something (just) a try "...in the means you put it

Olivier Hague said:
It did. He used the word "tameshigiri". A test to verify the sharpness of a sword. It wouldn't make any sense if it was an one time only thing.

Oh, that has been informative...I can not but say thank you
I have my italian translation manga only...since you speak jap chances are more on you
So, I rest my case  ;)
Oh and I guess I owe lordedward an apology

Uhh... maybe he just isn't using it beaucse.. it's suppose to be a sword that slices through dimensions? I don't see why he'd whip it out against Zodd, also, it's not like he introduced the sword ages ago, it's brand new, SK has only been in 1 battle since he revealed the sword, just wait a bit. It's definatley not a one time show, it's too powerful to just be shown once for no reason, he's going to use it to kill Void.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
brunoafh said:
Uhh... maybe he just isn't using it beaucse.. it's suppose to be a sword that slices through dimensions? I don't see why he'd whip it out against Zodd, also, it's not like he introduced the sword ages ago, it's brand new, SK has only been in 1 battle since he revealed the sword, just wait a bit. It's definatley not a one time show, it's too powerful to just be shown once for no reason, he's going to use it to kill Void.

It has to be able to slice somthing physical also... let me draw you a quick example of what i think the sword is supposed to do... (dont you love my examples and pictures  ::)?)

void.gif

(sorry, I did this in kinda a rush as you can see  8))
Now when it hits void, it has to penetrate his flesh, doesn't it?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
For this 'problem', I think SK is 'using Guts' in the sense he fallowed him to eat beherits. Indeed, he most probably couldn't do the killing himself because he has to stay discreet. You could realize this sword is very different at the Eclipse and at the Cave. It'd mean SK has taken widely advantage of the Black Swordsman's wanderings from an apostle to another. I think that's what Flora was referring to and she wondered whether he tried to help Guts or use him. There's a bit of the both, imo. He first used him to make his sword 'resonating' while he could observe Guts and decides if he could be worthful in the view of shooting down the God Hand itself.

That's what i'm thinking now... hop' it can help :-\

Guil

I wonder what will happen when SK and Guts go to fight the God Hand. If there's a moment where one of them can fight them, the other will obviosuly be there. I'd imaged they'd get pissed at each other beaucse of their quest for revenge. But Guts is going to get old and weak, so if he doesn't kill them soon he'll be too old to fight in coming years. Maybe SK wanted to become immortal so he had a chance to fight the GH at the eclipses.

(Nice illustration, ;) , but seriosuly that's pretty much what it does)

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Bringing the Sword of Resonance into existance takes Behelits, something that I'm sure even for Skully is in limited supply. Could be one reason why he doesn't always wield it.

Another reason could be becuase as weak as the boundries between the spiritual world and the real world are becoming I don't think tearing gaping vacuums in temporal reality is a good thing, and most likely niether does Skully.

And thirdly, he may not wield the SoR all the time simply because it like the Dragon Slayer is uniquely suited for a specific purpose, slaying Godhand. So frankly it may not be the weapon thats best suited for most situations so it just doesn't use it, after all his "old" blade doesn't seem to be doing to badly by itself.

Kyosuke said:
Bringing the Sword of Resonance into existance takes Behelits, something that I'm sure even for Skully is in limited supply. Could be one reason why he doesn't always wield it.

His sword looked like it consisted of alot of Behelits, and gathering from all the little faces in the sword I couldn't imagine him collecting much more than he already did. With that I believe he will eventually use the sword again without having to start from scratch. Besides the same Behelit can be used again and again it seems, so why would the rules change for the sword?

Another reason could be becuase as weak as the boundries between the spiritual world and the real world are becoming I don't think tearing gaping vacuums in temporal reality is a good thing, and most likely niether does Skully.

Maybe, but the other time he used it it didn't seem to cause any worries in the space boundaries at all, and even if it did cause a little damage would one little extra hole really make a difference as there is currently such a mess with the worlds merging? On top of that why would Skully care about tearing bits of space? He is good but I still don't believe he is the most ethical guy in the series, It's not exactly his problem. 

And thirdly, he may not wield the SoR all the time simply because it like the Dragon Slayer is uniquely suited for a specific purpose, slaying Godhand. So frankly it may not be the weapon thats best suited for most situations so it just doesn't use it, after all his "old" blade doesn't seem to be doing to badly by itself.

How likely is there to be a weapon that can't hurt the average Apostle but still directly being a threat to a Godhand? On top of that Slann was right in front of him when Guts was being torn apart and he didn't bother to use it until well after she is gone.

Your speculations are good but I personally still believe the sword isn't directly made for battle.

Another speculation is (and this could fit into any of the current speculations) that prehaps Miura wouldn't want to wreck such a interesting and different weapon by having it pop up in the series regularly. I mean lets face it even if it isn't made for easy kills I would be jumping space every chance I get out of convenience.
Having said that this is a Manga, watching the sword go all cool and "Behelity" to keep it interesting would heavily rely on the rare concept alone like a small taste to keep the reader coming back for more.

It could probably get away with being used more in a Anime and rely on special effects, sounds and colors in the backround with a little catchy chant to keep it interesting every time Skully pulls it out but oh well. ;)

Top Bottom