Sugestion for NOOBZ!

I don't know if anybody has been toying around with this idea, but I think it would be good to force people to pass a mandatory quiz before posting in the "Berserk" and "Translation" forums. 

This quiz would be multiple choice and would ask questions that could easily be answered by reading the Encyclopedia or FAQ...Questions like, "When does the next season of Berserk come out?" or "Where can I buy the manga?  Is it in English?"

It seems like this would be more efficient than some hapless novice coming in to the Current Chapters forum and getting flamed to hell after asking a simple question.  If flaming is an integral part of the process, maybe it could be done after failing said quiz.  Something like, "You can't post here stupid Nuub!!  Go back to the encyclopedia.  You go to hell, you go to hell and you die!" or something along those lines.

I can't begin to know how much trouble it would be to implement this feature, as I don't know jack shit about programming.  But if the quiz were multiple choice and set up like a poll, it seems like it could be easily automated.

Edit: Just to clarify, they could still access and read everything, just not post.

1. whats the main characters real name:
     a.gats
     b.gatts
     c.gutts
     d.guts

2.fill in the blank, "the _____ hawk",
     a.fruit
     b.rough
     c.white
     d.evil

3.the name of the 5th god hand,
     a.pepto
     b.femto
     c.mento
     d.pimento

4. adon's group of soilders,
     a.blue whale heavy assualt knights
     b.blue whale heavy infantry knights
     c.blue whale heavy calvalry assault
     d.sperm whale heavy hot nights

5. where did griffith find the crimson behelit, "egg of the king"?,
     a.in a dried up stream
     b.pawn shop
     c.fortune teller
     d.zodd tossed it to him

6. the brand signifies:
     a.one is marked for execution
     b.one is marked as a slave
     c.one is marked for torture
     d.one is marked for sacrifice

7. griffith is tortured for approx.:
     a.5 years
     b.1 year
     c.2 years
     d.6 months

8. at the eclipse, the main character looses,
     a.his eye and right forearm
     b.his ear and hand
     c.his eye and hand
     d.his eye and left forearm

9. buzuzo was the __ man _____.
     a.100 man slayer
     b.30 man slayer
     c.50 man raper
     d.60 man slayer

10. the creator of Berserk is:
     a.kentaro miura
     b.kentuka miusan
     b.kanturo miasur
     d.kantura miura

well, that will see if they are here for a good reason, and also see if they are ready to wade the waters of sk.net  :D

- c (im sure fruit should have been in there somewhere  8), 4-d was my favorite ;))

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Excuse me, C, but I would like to say something about your last question. I don't remember where I have found this information, but it seems Miura decided his name would now be Kantaro.
Some one, tell me whether it is a sick rumor!
Thank you & have a nice weekend.
Guil

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guil-BANNED! said:
it seems Miura decided his name would now be Kantaro.

It seems Hakusensha asked for his name to be spelled "Kantaro" on the new Berserk French edition, but they changed their minds, and it's written Kentarou both on volume 27 and episode 224, so I don't think anything has changed.

C said:
1. whats the main characters real name:
? ? ?a.Guts
? ? ?b.Guts
? ? ?c.Guts
? ? ?d.guts
E.Gats
C said:
2.fill in the blank, "the _____ hawk",
? ? ?a.fruit
? ? ?b.rough
? ? ?c.white
? ? ?d.evil
"the fruit hawk?".
C said:
3.the name of the 5th god hand,
? ? ?a.pepto
? ? ?b.femto
? ? ?c.mento
? ? ?d.pimento
C. Mentos
C said:
4. adon's group of soilders,
? ? ?a.blue whale heavy assualt knights
? ? ?b.blue whale heavy infantry knights
? ? ?c.blue whale heavy calvalry assault
? ? ?d.sperm whale heavy hot nights
D.sperm whale heavy hot nights
C said:
5. where did griffith find the crimson behelit, "egg of the king"?,
? ? ?a.in a dried up stream
? ? ?b.pawn shop
? ? ?c.fortune teller
? ? ?d.zodd tossed it to him
b.pawn shop
C said:
6. the brand signifies:
? ? ?a.one is marked for execution
? ? ?b.one is marked as a slave
? ? ?c.one is marked for torture
? ? ?d.one is marked for sacrifice
a.one is marked for execution
C said:
7. griffith is tortured for approx.:
? ? ?a.5 years
? ? ?b.1 year
? ? ?c.2 years
? ? ?d.6 months
E. 2 days
C said:
8. at the eclipse, the main character looses,
? ? ?a.his eye and right forearm
? ? ?b.his ear and hand
? ? ?c.his eye and hand
? ? ?d.his eye and left forearm
b.his ear and hand
C said:
9. buzuzo was the __ man _____.
? ? ?a.100 man slayer
? ? ?b.30 man slayer
? ? ?c.50 man raper
? ? ?d.60 man slayer
b.30 man slayer
C said:
10. the creator of Berserk is:
? ? ?a.kentaro miura
? ? ?b.kentuka miusan
? ? ?b.kanturo miasur
? ? ?d.kantura miura
E. Tite Kubo
-----------------
Oh Dont forget the anime opening/closeing questions like

Q:Whats the berserk opening song called, and who sings it?

A"Chiisana Inori" by Ritsuko Okazaki
B"Ride on Shooting Star" by The Pillows
C"Tell me what you want" by Silver Fins
D"Tell Me Why" by PENPALS

and
Q: do the people who sing the opening song, sing the ending song

this was a while back  :)

i never really noticed the site corrected all the misspellings of guts in question 1 to Guts, interesting,

but aazealh is there going to be a quiz or some sort of test?

just curious

- c

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
C said:
but aazealh is there going to be a quiz or some sort of test?

I don't think there will. The BBS isn't really designed for that kind of stuff, and it's a bit old now to start restraining access to some parts. I keep that in mind anyway.

I know that I don't speak much in any of the boards, but how about adding a newbie section. It doesn't need to be titled "newbie" but maybe something like New Comers in the Berserk World, wich points to information to answer most newbie questions as to:

1. What happens after the eclipse?
2. Is there more berserk?
3. Where can I get more berserk?

etc, and so on. That sounds like it can take a little work, but that will prevent most flaming and annoying repetative questions. It can also be as easy as it also pointing to the search function, which is constantly overlooked. Its only a suggestion...

C said:
I never really noticed the site corrected all the misspellings of guts in question 1 to Guts, interesting,

Yes, if you spell Guts with an a, it will auto check it and spell it Guts. Strange how it doesn't do that with any other names.

mtlcknight said:
how about adding a newbie section. It doesn't need to be titled "newbie" but maybe something like New Comers in the Berserk World, which points to information to answer most newbie questions as to

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. It willl be good to put the experts of berserk in one spot, and the noobs in an other, that way we don't have much problems.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kid_berserk said:
yes, if you spell Guts with an a, it will auto check it and spell it Guts. strange how it doesn't do that with any other names.

Several names are corrected, it's not just Guts.

kid_berserk said:
It willl be good to put the experts of Berserk in one spot, and the noobs in an other, that way we don't have much problems

It's not like there are that many "experts" here anyway...

Aazealh said:
It's not like there are that many "experts" here anyway...
Smith said:
Well but at least we are not noob... it's not a bad idea to segregate us from the noob

I agree with Smith, even tho, we are not "experts" we should put the noobs away from the members that been here for a long time. That way we would have people in big letters saying "FOR THE LAST TIME!!! THE MANGA IS THE STORY IS THE MANGA!!! THE ANIME IS DEAD!!! I kind of fell sorry for the people that join the board and get yelled. But other people http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4073.0 know that these topics have already have been made and make them again. I still think a noob topic will be good.

Well i wouldnt mind takin the quiz even though im new i do know a couple of things about berserk so whatever you guys feel like doin is cool wit me.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
As good as an idea as this may seem, do you really think new people are going to really check out the "NEW MEMBERS FAQ" or what ever you call it? In reality, no, I dont think so. Just recently I saw that new comer come in and make that thread for "A Billionth time(scans)". Sadly I dont think it will do all that good.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There's one simple rule here, and it's universal: you shalt not be stupid. It really shouldn't be too hard to follow.

kid_berserk said:
I agree with Smith, even tho, we are not "experts" we should put the noobs away from the members that been here for a long time.

Should I put you away then?

kid_berserk said:
I kind of fell sorry for the people that join the board and get yelled.

The people that get "yelled at" commit basic errors (and/or are rude), the kind of things you're supposed to know while being on the Internet. It's not specific to this board.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
do you really think new people are going to really check out the "NEW MEMBERS FAQ" or what ever you call it?

A FAQ section will be implemented in the Encyclopedia. Like the one from the old site. There's no need for it to be a section of the board, and it won't be addressed to new members specifically.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
In Just recently I saw that new comer come in and make that thread for "A Billionth time(scans)".

Yes, I added the "(scans)" actually, when I moved it from the Manga Mausoleum section to the Shootin' the Breeze section.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Well but at least we are not noob... it's not a bad idea to segregate us from the noob
Just because someone's been around a while (i.e. no longer a "noob" by definition) doesn't make them any more valuable. I think this is a major misunderstanding on the forums.

Top Bottom