3D modelling

Just curious if anyone ever modelled something in 3d. I did a few. click the images for larger image

Brass knuckles

Ring. It's supposed to look cartoonish

Table

Tunnel

more rings.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Yeah, I did computer animation for my major in college.  Couldn't find any work in it so far, though.  And I'm still saving up for a computer I can do more stuff on!  heh..  Poor Lith.  ;)

I made stuff like this little guy:

darter4.jpg

My thesis is up at archive.org if anyone wants ta check it out.  http://www.archive.org/movies/detai...llectionid=at140_14_considering_an_exotic_pet

Whoa, Lith, nice. Ringling is awesome, you guys make some really slick things.

I've been considering doing some basic modeling of Berserk things but it's a matter of having free time to do it. Specifically what I want to do is the scene of the tree Guts was born under, with the DragonSlayer stuck in the ground and Guts' Band of the Hawk helmet lying next to it. The DragonSlayer or the helmet wouldn't be too difficult.
The tree is really tough though. I'm not sure how to get something like that with PaintFX aside from just spending hours and hours adjusting settings. I've done that already and still no luck. I also had a hell of a lot of trouble trying to get a nice looking grassy plain underneath the tree + in the background. But, well, that's because I made like 100,000,000 different grass blades using PaintFX and eventually it just got so complicated that it took over 24 hours to render 1 frame... Etc. Etc.

Presumably the plan was to have a rainy, overcast day, be looking on-level at blades of grass with beads of rain on them. Then move through the grass slowly, watching the raindrops strike the grass and make the grass react (I've no idea how to do particles-striking-PaintFX though). Then the camera pans up and we see the helmet, go over the helmet, then move down and see the base of the DS where it is stuck into the ground. Then the camera rotates up as we pan vertically up the length of the DragonSlayer. Eventually we reach the end and pan out and get a view of the entire scene, fade out, zoom into the sky, or whatever. All this time the Behelit song from the Berserk OST is playing.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
DemonX said:
I guess its because yours seems good in normal standerds, lith went to collage for that.
Denial guessed right, I use 3d Studio Max. Unless Lith said otherwise, I'd guess she uses Maya. Its a more powerfull program and a studio's copy would cost 10x as much or so. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was done in Maya for instance, the ship in Titanic was done in 3ds.

I've never gotten far past vertex modeling myself. Most of what I do is inorganics anyways, so I don't really need nurbs or anything much of the time. I think I came up with a decent human-ish head once... I don't have a clue how to apply multiple bones to an orgainic mesh like with that green critter.

yeah, I am gonna finish it. ;D
I'm using a free program called Anim8or. I learned basic 3d modelling with it, and its pretty simple to use, so its a good starting program. I'd buy one of those really good programs like Maya, but i dont have that kind of money :'(

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Nice work, Redria! I'm kind of surprised how nice the manga art works as a texture map for the blade.

And Phemto, that's cool as hell.

Majin, your golem thing has always kicked ass. You guessed right, I did my stuff in Maya at school, but as I mentioned I don't have a computer powerful enough to run it right now. I'm on a poor anicent Celeron that chugs on Photoshop. Pity Lith.

Top Bottom