HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Zpumpkinsm.jpg

SKpumpkinsm.jpg

(my hand hurts)

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Thanks everyone!

Aazealh said:
Wow, so cool, actually almost makes me regret not having Halloween here. Last year's was also really badass :).

I still didn't do God Hand, though. :-\ I need to enlist extra help for that many!

*Gyom* said:
You did great !
Btw, do you know about how much time you made these ?
Guil

I think it took about 3 hours for Zodd and 4 for SK. I did Zodd the night before Halloween so that I didn't drive myself crazy.

For anyone that wants to carve a detailed jack-o-lantern, if you get one of those Pumpkin Masters carving kits, they have some nice saws and cutters. That's what I use to carve. The tools make it relatively easy to do, even if you design a complicated pattern.

DemonX said:
Can I say you kicked griffiths...

:p

Hey, Griffith's pumpkin kicked ass! It's such a good likeness of Tom Selleck!

TheSkyTraveller

Thought I would dredge up this old thread to share a pattern I made for my husband to carve last year. I was trying to make him hone his carvings skills so he can help me with my pumpkin carving magnum opus--all five God Hand members....which I don't have time to try this year, either. :judo:

Link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/teslar/puckpattern.jpg

Here was the result:
puck_pumpkin.jpg

Anyway, this was a simple design, and I thought I'd share it here if anyone wants to try it. Because I like to improvise, I'm not totally accurate with these things. The eyes, eyebrows, bloody needle stick, etc. may need to be altered slightly based on your circumstances (pumpkin too small, etc.). If you choose to try it out, carve out the smallest, most delicate spaces first, then move on to the larger pieces.

Here's the one I did last year but never posted. I remember the pumpkin was really stringy and annoying.

trollpumpkin_EF.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Screw Jack Skellington, I vote SkyTraveller the new Pumpkin King! Or at least Prime Minister. :SK: I totally wanna do one now, but I know I'd screw it up royally. I've never been good with digging holes in things.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus Christ, TheSkyTraveller you are fucking BADASS. I think your pumpkins are my downright favorite pieces of art in the whole world. Seriously.

I want to see new ones for this year! :void:

TheSkyTraveller

Thanks, guys! I love doing these each year, but I'm sure that there are many people out there much more skilled than me. You could probably google "pumpkin carving" and find tons.

Handsome rakshas, I had thought about carving Rakshas one year. Eventually I'll probably end up carving everyone if I'm going to stay with the Berserk theme, since my fanart for whatever reason involves abusing fruit rather than drawing. Anyway, I bet you could carve him. You should try it!

TheSkyTraveller

Another Halloween over. Hope everyone had a good one! Here's tonight's pumpkin. I tried something new with scraping off some of the pumpkin skin to get a different effect. I hear it's popular with the kids these days! :carcus: I wish I had more time to perfect that part of it, but I was happy overall. Hope you like it. Happy Halloween!

beast_pumpkin3.jpg

beast_pumpkin2.jpg

That is without doubt the most amazing pumpkin I have ever seen! :isidro:
Fantastic, you should be proud of creating it.
(The others are also superb)

puella

Berserk forever
If you could put the pumpkins on auction I'd sell my husband to get them, although that'd only pay about 1/1000 of the price of your works. :guts:

I envy you talented people. Puck makes me drool and all the others are really well-done too.

Top Bottom