Bush Wins!

i work in sales, i talk to alot of different people and hear alot of different opinions,

the opinions that stuck in my head were the opinions of actuall soilders that i talked to,

i talked to several soilders, ones that were fixing to go overseas, ones that just got back, and ones that have been back for a short time and were getting ready to go over again,

all of them said the same thing, that them staying in the armed forces to serve our country depended on who was elected,

and if it was kerry, they would be discharged and possibly move to another country,

thats a very alarming thing to hear, especially coming from our military, that tells me that they know more than i do as a non military citizen and that kerry being elected is no good,

take it as you wish, but thats what all the soilders i talked to have said

- c

BiQ_

" ... "
Noooooo!!!! I want my circus!!! :p

C'mon, if the U.S. is going to screw the rest of the world like it's going to do, couldn't we at least have some entertainment before that?? You cannot be this cruel!!

Just watch, after Iraq he'll see North Korea as threat and move to disarm them.

A republican friend of mine voted for Bush said the funniest thing, "I vote for Bush because I'm a republican. Plus he should finish what he started. However, if he fucks up again he'll probably end up assassinated."

factcheck.org is a pretty handy site for sorting through the ridulous amount of bullshit floating around... they just have facts and are non-bias...

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
HAHAHAHA yes! Victory! Damn im so relieved. The military can now celebrate this wonderful news.God bless America and 4 more years of goodness.

BiQ_

" ... "
dwarfkicker said:
Just watch, after Iraq he'll see North Korea as threat and move to disarm them.

Sorry this goes off-topic, but I cannot resist the urge to point out few things about NK... Since it's really not that simple. At least by force, I don't see that happening.

Basically, there are these things to consider:
- China. They are about the only country that NK can consider as an ally in any sense of the word. China is also a very quickly rising economic power, and also very probably the only country in the world right now who can realistically tell to U.S. to go "stuff it where the sun doesn't shine" about various things. Of course, this is not entirely true, since their own economic interests force them to listen to others as well. The difference is that their economic importance forces the U.S. to take China's opinions seriously as well. They very certainly would not be too happy about U.S. rampaging a country they consider as an ally. But it's true that given the choice, they are certainly more inclined to pressure NK if it helps them with U.S.
- South Korea. SK (no pun intended) is a very important player in the world economy. It also happens to have its capital city in the reach of massive amounts of heavy artillery sitting at the North Korean side. NK does not need any kind of nuclear weaponry to wipe Seoul to rubble in matter of minutes. This would effectively put South Korea out when it comes to world economy, which in turn would make the world economy to go down the crapper... which would in turn make U.S. economy go down the crapper quicker that you can say "double deficit". Sure, U.S. would win a war against NK, no contest. The point is, U.S. is totally unable to stop NK from demolishing great part of SK before it's too late. In some extent this might apply to Japan as well, but there's no telling how many conventional missiles capable of reaching Japan they have. Quite surely enough to cause serious damage. Also, SK and Japan might not be too happy about U.S. having a war at their back yard, so to speak...

The only way NK gets disarmed is going to be pressure from China (which they are NOT going to do without some serious benefits from U.S.) or internal revolution, which just does not look likely in near future. Of course, very little is known what actually happens in NK, so I might be wrong there.

...oh, how can we be sure that NK really has those shitloads of artillery aimed at Seoul? To say the truth, we can't - but it is very safe to assume that the organization of NK army follows the same lines as other (mostly former) communist regimes, which means that they DO have it...

My one and only political post. ^^;

I've seen several reactions so far to President Bush's victory. Happiness, joy, tears, sadness, glee, and anger.

And some just plain don't care while others, like myself just sorta sit against the walls like pretty wallflowers at a dance.

Honestly? I'm glad he won. This isn't a "neener neener omgz Bush pwns j00 4lll!!!11!!shift one!!!" kind of post. I hardly ever make any political chit chat anymore to avoid that sort of discussion and a few friends of mine will be quick to reply with a "ain't that the truth." Trust me, I avoid political chat like the plague. ;D

Some saw Bush and Kerry being equally evil. Personally Kerry didn't really strike a negative chord with me. More like a "Blah-zay" type of reaction or a 'meh.' Definitely nothing as negative(or powerful) a reaction I got from Clinton, but hey this ain't about him so moving on. As odd as it may sound, I'm just comfortable with Bush. I think he's a pleasant fellow. There are a few things he and I just don't see eye to eye with but overall he seemed alright to me.

Conservatives, Liberals, Independants, whatever. Never, ever forget that each individual person has their own reasons for believing what they believe and voting for who they wanted. We are not all carbon copies of each other and not all of our reasons and beliefs will ever be the same. Or atleast I would hope not unless we're all robots.

And if I become a robot I'd like to atleast look like Arcee from Transformers and turn into a motorcycle... VRoom VRoom.

Transformers%20Arcee%20Statue.jpg

*Cough*

Moving on.

I think there are alot of things I didn't (and purposely) include in this post. See paragraph #3. ;) I don't know. Some things could have been said and I'm certainly not posting to get a rouse, change someone's beliefs, or whatever. I'm just a southern belle from Texas sipping some iced tea while watching the world turn another day; Quietly observing the political stage's next move.

Lady Winde: I do declare, what will you do next?

-Winde, watching.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
Bush won with the most popular votes out of the history of the usa. As my grandfather says the chinese one day will walk on us because manufactoring is done over there and barley anything here in the US. I belive kerry had a good point about dealing with that. But bush rulzzzzzzz

Of course not. It's simply what I normally choose to do. I could stand up and shout to the world about how I feel about things, etc., but, simply put, that's just not how I am.

Kind of like how everyone here, legally, has a right to vote, but that doesn't mean they have to.

Malf said:
Bush won with the most popular votes out of the history of the usa.

www.cnn.com
59,106,230 =George W Bush

http://www.presidentsusa.net/popularvote.html
The following is a list of the individuals who have received the most popular votes for President. The figures are in millions

1. Richard Nixon 112.6

2. Franklin D. Roosevelt 103.4

3. Ronald Reagan 98.4

4. Bill Clinton 90.5

5. George Bush 87.0

6. Jimmy Carter 76.3

7. Dwight Eisenhower 69.4

and you still didnt answer my first question, that is, if you dont mind answering it. It was not meant to be rhetorical.

M

medievald00d

My grandchildren will be paying for the debts incurred by the Bush administration. So will yours. America's future is quite bleak with Bush at the helm.

The world hates us for invading Iraq.
Our 200 billion dollar surplus has turned into a 500 billion dollar deficit (talk about fiscal responsibility... ::))
Iran and NK are actively seeking nuclear capabilities.

And we have an idiot running the government.

Im moving to Canada.

Top Bottom