Rickert and the Gypsy

D

darkbane

If this has been discussed before, forgive me... can't find anything about it.

My question pertains to volume 12, about page 90 or so, where Rickert is travelling with a caravan and meets Puck for the first time. After he leaves, and right before the eclipse takes place. Puck and the gypsy talk about looking into his future, and see a dark omen.

Well, the references to the eclipse are clear enough, but she makes a couple of statements to the effect that Rickert is playing an important role in God's plan etc etc. What I read there makes sense for Griffith, but they're clearly talking about Rickert, and he does not really have anything important to do in the manga after that and until now.

What gives? Bad translation? I'm misunderstanding? Or maybe Miura will surpise us with a dramatic reintroduction of Rickert? *confused*

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Well, I believe Rickert's Importance is due to curing Caska, after the eclipse.  Because without him, Guts and Caska may have died.  But because he was around to cure them Caska could live to bare the demon child, which in turn allows Griffith to be reborn.  Hence God's plan. ;D

It seems that the Gypsy was insinuating he would be involved with something big that was going to affect the world, I personally presumed that something big he was involved with was Guts.

So far he hasn't done much to make any huge changes outside helping Guts and Caska at the Eclipse, and giving Guts have somewhere to rest while he fixes up his run down weapons.

I

Italian_demon

darkbane said:
My question pertains to volume 12, about page 90 or so, where Rickert is travelling with a caravan and meets Puck for the first time. After he leaves, and right before the eclipse takes place. Puck and the gypsy talk about looking into his future, and see a dark omen.

Well, the references to the eclipse are clear enough, but she makes a couple of statements to the effect that Rickert is playing an important role in God's plan etc etc. What I read there makes sense for Griffith, but they're clearly talking about Rickert, and he does not really have anything important to do in the manga after that and until now.

What gives? Bad translation? I'm misunderstanding? Or maybe Miura will surpise us with a dramatic reintroduction of Rickert? *confused*

I've been wondering about it, time ago, but after knowing that our translations are not trustworthy i lost quite much or motivations on posting to details :(
Could someone give us a new translation of the dialogue between Rickert and the Gypsy?

Top Bottom