Guts to SK and Griff to Void

ok im trying to establish an idea on how history is going to repeat itself. Its obviouse that Guts and SK have a major grudge against the GH with one in particular. Its also apparant that the road Guts and the crew are traveling has been traveled before but not in the same manner.

Skull Knight : I am certain that you know...
exactly how dangerous this item is.
Flora : Yes, I do.
I've kept it here since long ago.
If that is how it must be
I believe it could become necessary for them on their journey.
Skull Knight : It is causality...
Flora : ...no.
I don't believe so.

(Page 4)
Flora : It may seem as though humans continue to repeat their same mistakes...
But by no means is causality a perfect circle.
It is a spiral.
Those children...
They are not limited to the same path you and I have chosen.
Skull Knight : ...indeed.

What has corssed my mind is that Guts is like a new age SK and Griffith is a new age Void, but with the positions switched. Kinda like SK being the leader of a band of mercinaries and Void was the one who was recruited and as SK became king Void sacraficed something that the two of them cared about equally.

Skull Knight: I don't have a name for you followers to know. Let's just say I'm one who has a grudge against the five.

Apostle 1: What the fuck are you talking about...

Apostle 2: Wait! Oh yes... I remember. When our master was born... The eclipse! The knight who showed up on that earth!! You are the one!

Its been about 1000 years since SK and Void were born to the life they live now. Hasnt it been said that every 1000 years the GH can take a form on earth? If thats the truth who was the GH before Griffith to set foot on earth and if there were 4 angels who took down whats his names kingdom why now after 4/5 216 year eclipses is there now 5 appostles? It kinda makes me think that SK has ridden the world of 4 previouse GH and Void took the leader postition and re-established the other 4. It makes me wonder how closely Griffith is going to follow in Voids foot steps if Void was the previouse GH to have a earthly body.

I know my ideas are flawed but I made this post to help get clarifacation

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
We don't know for sure if Void was the "wiseman" that led Gaiseric (supposedly SK) to his fall. The same way SK hasn't really shown a grudge against Void in particular.

As for what the apostle says at Flora's house, he's obviously referring to the last Occultation, when Griffith became Femto.

I

Italian_demon

Aazealh said:
We don't know for sure if Void was the "wiseman" that led Gaiseric (supposedly SK) to his fall. The same way SK hasn't really shown a grudge against Void in particular.

As for what the apostle says at Flora's house, he's obviously referring to the last Occultation, when Griffith became Femto.

I mainly agree with you, but actually i think SK showed some grudge for one Gh in particular: Void.
Well actually it might just mean that he pointed up his attention to the leader of the Ghs, but anyway, he attachs Void, then speaking he mention that has been fortold that he will take down Void!
If he was really neutral he might have said: it's fortold i'll take you Ghs down!
Or similar don't you think so?
(obviously hoping in no big mistakes in translating also that sentencies!)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Italian_demon said:
Well actually it might just mean that he pointed up his attention to the leader of the Ghs

Well, though Void seems to be some kind of "leader", we don't really have any proof that he is yet.

Italian_demon said:
then speaking he mention that has been fortold that he will take down Void!

No, it's a bad translation sorry, he never says anything like that.

Italian_demon said:
(obviously hoping in no big mistakes in translating also that sentencies!)

Maybe next time ;).

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Italian_demon said:
then speaking he mention that has been fortold that he will take down Void!
If he was really neutral he might have said: it's fortold i'll take you Ghs down!

Well A while ago Uriel Said that the following was the correct translation:

Uriel said:
He's not fated to do anything to Void...
Incorrect: "Fate forsees that I shall strike down Void"
Correct: "I suppose that this encounter too is, as Void would say, in the flow of the Causality... In that case, I entrust my life to this sword."

Gaiseric The Great said:
After so many years I wish we actually did know more about Void and his connection to SK. When it is revealed I just hope it's awesome. That's all I really ask.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be interesting if Skully's connection to Void was no more personal than his connection with the rest of the Godhand?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Yeah, but wouldn't it be interesting if Skully's connection to Void was no more personal than his connection with the rest of the Godhand?
So, it'd be MORE interesting if Skully's relationship to Void was arbitrary? I disagree on grounds of potential drama.

Walter said:
So, it'd be MORE interesting if Skully's relationship to Void was arbitrary? I disagree on grounds of potential drama.

If Skully's hatred for the Godhand was shared equally around it may be less personal, but I wouldn't think potential drama would be ruled out because of that.

NeverSoul said:
ok im trying to establish an idea on how history is going to repeat itself. Its obviouse that Guts and SK have a major grudge against the GH with one in particular. Its also apparant that the road Guts and the crew are traveling has been traveled before but not in the same manner.

I think it's clear
Skullknight and Flora were Guts and Schierke...or better, Guts and Schierke are what SK and Flora were

But the strange thing is that it seems young January has come and old December hasn't gone away yet...at least for SK since Flora we have seen she has gone allready
I think SK will perish some chapters next...
Besides, the moonchild and last skullknight's appearence by the moon, IMO, is also an artistic parallel hinting to this

D

darkbane

xechnao said:
I think it's clear
Skullknight and Flora were Guts and Schierke...or better, Guts and Schierke are what SK and Flora were

But the strange thing is that it seems young January has come and old December hasn't gone away yet...at least for SK since Flora we have seen she has gone allready
I think SK will perish some chapters next...
Besides, the moonchild and last skullknight's appearence by the moon, IMO, is also an artistic parallel hinting to this

Personally I would give SK another 20 volumes or so (I disagree with your deduction, and also it would be bad to get rid of such a cool character ;D), but just out of curiosity, how do you think he would be offed, and by whom?

darkbane said:
Personally I would give SK another 20 volumes or so (I disagree with your deduction, and also it would be bad to get rid of such a cool character  ;D), but just out of curiosity, how do you think he would be offed, and by whom?

I didn't say that he will be offed, just perish: most propably he wouldn't be sad about it
Who will "help" him with that?
Shielke and Guts would be cool to be the ones involved
Who will explain the reason?
the elf king or the moonchild perhaps, dunno
And this is high speculation: not a sure deduction

D

darkbane

somehow just lying down and dying and SK don't fit on the same page when I think about it... he hasn't shown any sings of weariness or weakness of spirit, plus he seems to be comitted to his goal (which i interpret as opposing god hand, hunting them down by following the trail of evil [or something like that])

can't quite see the moonchild connection, but that whole moonchild thing is so up in the air anyway, who knows where that will go

so next let's say that SK will pass on the sword of resonance (which he still hasn't used in combat) to... caska? ;D hey, anything is possible. actually it would be funny to see her swing that earth axe around... j/k

darkbane said:
so next let's say that SK will pass on the sword of resonance (which he still hasn't used in combat) to... caska?  ;D hey, anything is possible. actually it would be funny to see her swing that earth axe around... j/k

What about Farnesse? She was the inquisition btw ;D

Top Bottom