Zodd getting out of proportion...

Franz

It's a dolphin.
So I'm reading vol 27, and once again I've realized how damn out of proportion Zodd's horn is getting. Its like 3 times the size it was before one was cut off! If he had the other horn, they'd be so fucking huge that they'd be stickin out on the sides of his head or right next to each other w/no space.

Just looks ridiculous and is bugging me... :p

Yeah it does definitely look bigger.

At first I thought his horns were just a bit like the Dragonslayer which changes sizes a bit at times, but what makes it strange is since it has been cut off it looks like the stump of where the other horn was is so much thinner than the single horn which is right next to it, I find that very strange.

Guys, it's an apostolic metamorphosis, not the Transformers.
Definatelly it is bigger and is also intended to be depicted as bigger.
It's like Guts' beast appearence: sometime it was small, sometimes it was bigger
We are talking about spirits here, not gadgets
Obviously, Zodd considered himself meaner and badder with that Horn grown up that time ;)

Franz

It's a dolphin.
haha, just looks like it should weigh his head down a bit :D
...reminds me of Guts' old sword, especially in the anime. Sometimes it was huuuuge to where if it was shealthed, it would be serveral feet above him. One swing could take out half the Hawk army. :p Other times it was correctly proportioned so it doesn't look like a 20ft clown pole.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Who knows, wylds dick may have been small when he fought guts.

Really though, maybe it could be just the perspective Miura drew the pic? Or else it could have been zodd's one horn balencing the loss for his other horn.

D

darkbane

It does look bigger these days and it's got nothing to do with perspective. I think it's drawn this way either because Miura has gotten better and was now able to draw the horn as intended, or because he wants to emphasize the horn (and lack of the second) because for Zodd it would have strong emotional meaning (being defeated by Griffith). This could also explain why he hasn't reattached the horn, like he did his arm once. (Or, might be the horn that was cut, disappeared. Haven't seen it fall off except in the dream or anything - Griffith alters the Apostle shape granted to Zodd)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
(Or, might be the horn that was cut, disappeared. Haven't seen it fall off except in the dream or anything - Griffith alters the Apostle shape granted to Zodd)

Zodd sees the horn at his feet, when he wakes up from the dream.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
OP11089092914_1.jpg

(image stolen from another thread :p )
See? Look at it! Its taking up half his head. If the other were grown, they'd be ripping his head down the middle, fighting for room. Now he just wears a nice curly hat :)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
No shit, are you telling me his remaining horn is almost twice as big as it used to be (as specifically indicated by the remains of the other)? Good catch, it's only been that way for like 8 volumes now and I didn't even notice! =)

BTW, while were on the subject of Zodd's inappropriate horniness, did anybody notice Zodd keeps getting his arms cut off by people and then they're just back on him later! WTF d00dZ!? :-X ??? :p

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
As with Zodd's horn, you've completely missed the point, Franz.

And repeatedly by your own admission, if you're serious.

Come on, this whole thing is a joke right? Right!?

My theories:

1. As i said before in another thread; The camera adds a few extra pounds and in this case a few extra layeys on his horns

2. Since he is an apostle they have the amazing ability to reproduce their cells faster which is how they are able to survive those bad injuries/ heal those injuries. But since their cells now reproduce faster it allows their bodies to grow and to never age (we stop growing because our cells can't reproduce enough... i think. Well at least i know that we age because our cells can't produce as fast anymore)

3. He's an apostle, what can't he do?

It's simple. When someone suddenly becomes blind they get a boost in their other senses such as hearing, smell, not sure about taste and touch, but the others become enhanced to make up for the lack of one.

It could be the same with Zodd. The other horn grows or becomes enhanced. It's his body's way of making up for the loss of the other.

It's strange that something like this was never given a reason for being in the Manga, I mean it doesn't seem to be big enough to bring into the plot, but then why have it suddenly bigger at all? To let the reader wonder?

You guys can speculate all you want, but we will never know for sure unless Miura says something.

kinda along the lines of what a few have said its just a symbolic part of the story showing zodd is getting more powerfull,

instead of focusing on why the horns are bigger (easy, symbolic), why not focus on the relevant things which make the story bigger and turn the page,

like "my family"....?

just something to comtemplate  :)

- c

ps. symbolic,symbolic,symbolic,symbol......   ;)

C said:
kinda along the lines of what a few have said its just a symbolic part of the story showing zodd is getting more powerfull,

We really don't know for sure if he is getting more powerful or not though.

well, he continues to kill things, when you continue to kill your strength/experience grows,

no matter how much or how minimum, he gets more powerful,

take guts for example, from the time he was a hawks solider til now, he has become more powerful right?

thats rhetorical, of course he has, so has zodd,

what a perfect way to symbolize him gaining strength without making 3 volumes of zodd randomly killing things,

bigger horn, more power, its perfect,

and you question miura?

just think about it , come on everybody  :D

- c  8)

ps. i already know how great i am, stop sending messages everyone  ;)

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Yeah, I've noticed this as well. It kinda makes him look retarded... but then again maybe he needs it bigger then the other horn because it's missing, so he made one big one. Who knows if he has the ability to change his horn proportions.

C said:
well, he continues to kill things, when you continue to kill your strength/experience grows,

no matter how much or how minimum, he gets more powerful,

take guts for example, from the time he was a hawks solider til now, he has become more powerful right?

thats rhetorical, of course he has, so has zodd,

what a perfect way to symbolize him gaining strength without making 3 volumes of zodd randomly killing things,

bigger horn, more power, its perfect,

and you question miura?

just think about it , come on everybody  :D

- c  8)

ps. i already know how great i am, stop sending messages everyone  ;)

I haven't seen anything like this for any other Apostle and they are bound to get stronger. It's possible but i'm not convinced.

For another idea it could be his interaction with Griffith cutting off his horn, him being a Godhand and all resulted in a strange etheral reaction from a Godhands touch to an Apostles body. Ever hear of people in the Bible who have a revelation from God and have physical changes from the situation being so overwhelming? Something along the lines of having white hair or something after the intense revelation.

I really don't know but just another idea, doesn't seem any less logical than the other.

very interesting,

it just seemed appropriate that symbolism would be used because like i mentioned earlier,

i dont think miura wants to draw 3 volumes of zodd killing things,

unless he makes a minor manga called "Zodd - Years of Pain"  :),

hmmm, might be on to something there  ;D,

of course it could also be a combo,

it could symbolize the power of the Godhand over an apostle and show zodd gaining strength at the same time,

that would make more sense actually,

cut off = GH more powerful, and gives zodd something to think about, possibly building rage

growing bigger = zodd more powerful, i think thats obvious,

- c  8)

ps. it just makes sense dammit!!!!!  >:(

dont you think sparnage, oops!  :eek:
                     S   <---  ;)

pss. spellcheck says i should change your name to sponge  ;D

Top Bottom