Femto/Griffith yadda yadda?

Rcieballassassin

I use it for my cooking...
Okay Im sure this is atleast been touched on but I need a full-on explanation. So, Griffith was Femto but then he became Griffith again(?) and (combined?) with Guts and Caskas evil demon foetus of warnings.. or was it the behelit guy..? I dont know its confusing.. so is Griffith a human now? mortal just really powerful? or is he still Femto just being mortal as well as a demon..thing... because it seems like no one can touch him (well, judging from that story about the ugly duckling he was a powerful white falcon who led dragons high above the ground.. that girl pisses me off too who the hell is she anyway ><) so um whats the deal?

Try looking for the answer in Encyclopydia: FAQ. It isn't explained like a science formula but as best most Berserk fans understand it Griffith used the fetus body to enter the world. It is his vessel. Femto is no more. All that is left of Femto is the new Griffith. The apostle "guy" was a sacrifice (remember the brand on the tounge?) to allow Griffith to reenter the world and the fetus happened/was destined to be with the apostle at the time. Hope it helps.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The beherit-apostle wasn't really a sacrifice to allow Griffith to re-enter the world. He just wished for a better world and sacrificed the world he knew, and it included himself. There are already detailed posts about this in older threads.

Femto used the Demon Child's body as a vessel when he was incarnated into Griffith (and the transformation occured inside of the beherit-apostle. Femto was a spiritual being, Griffith lives in the physical world.

He's still a member of the God Hand, and he's still very powerful from what we know, but we don't any precise information about the extent of that power for now. As for the "annoying girl", she's called Sonja (or Sonya), and she's the Neo Hawks' maiden, she has telepathic powers. You may want to re-read the manga if you want more information.

D

darkbane

And the girl is Sonja, the hawks' medium, and the cutest thing around >.<. Ok so she's somewhat of a freak but...

Rcieballassassin

thanks that helps. I cant wait to see what the new Griffith is made of... I wonder who he fights (if anyone) I wonder if he can transform.. hrmm..

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rcieballassassin said:
thanks that helps. I cant wait to see what the new Griffith is made of... I wonder who he fights (if anyone) I wonder if he can transform.. hrmm..

Well, he's fighting against Ganishka and his armies right now, not in person for now, but who knows what will happen next. As for the rest, it's speculation.

Opie

The Sex Icon
Aazealh said:
The beherit-apostle wasn't really a sacrifice to allow Griffith to re-enter the world. He just wished for a better world and sacrificed the world he knew, and it included himself.

This always confused me...better world how? If it was a better world wouldn't the Griffith NOT be around?

Opie said:
This always confused me...better world how? If it was a better world wouldn't the Griffith NOT be around?

Which, I think, it also points to my thread which goes on the Hawk of Light-Griffith question

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Opie said:
Remember perspective.
Beauty(in this case goodness) is in the eye of the beholder(in this case Beherit Apostle).
This "goodness" was in the perspective of the Beherit Apostle, or the one to sacrifice his world for his perceived better world.
Hope that cleared it up. ;D

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Opie said:

In my opinion, I would not say better world - instead it would be how the beherit-apostle saw fit. He hated the world, so he wanted them all to die.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
xechnao said:
It confused me more I think :-\

The Beherit apostle thought the world was bad.
He thought Griffith, Mozgus, and such would make the world good.
He sacrificed what he thought a bad world, for what he thought was a good world with griffith useing the demon child as a vessel.

I do not think I can break it down any further. :-\

Rcieballassassin

So, the behelit apostle sacrificed himself along with the rest of the "world" to bring his uh "Jesus Christ" here to make it a better place(atleast to the behelit apostle). And Griffith had to make the change over from Astral to Physical through the demon child. And now he is with the (neo) Band of the Hawks (trying to realize his dream again?). hmm.. but does the behelit apostle's wish still effect Griffith? Is he trying to make a better world because of the wish or something? The wish brought him here but maybe Femto planned this all along and the behelit apostle was the spark that he needed...

Headless Death said:
The Beherit apostle thought the world was bad.
He sacrificed what he thought a bad world, for what he thought was a good world with griffith useing the demon child as a vessel.

I do not think I can break it down any further. :-\

Yeah but this is not what you were trying to say first place

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Opie said:

Well, the beherit-apostle had a flawed vision of the world, he was hated, and lived in a place where people threw corpses... And guess what? He asked for a better world to the God Hand... No wonder a better world is a world with Griffith in it to them.

The same way, he received a grotesque beherit-like body in order to be an "egg for the perfect world"... Yay, talk about subjectivity.

DemonX said:
In my opinion, I would not say better world - instead it would be how the beherit-apostle saw fit.

He asked for a better world, it's of course what he saw fit... There's no ambiguity if you read the sentence correctly.

Headless Death said:

No, he didn't think Mozgus would make the world better. He barely granted Mozgus a wish, like he did to the goat "idol" of the pagans.

I'm not sure he even knew Griffith would get incarnated (he wasn't the brightest). He asked for a better world, and then waited for it to come, plain and simple. Causality did the rest.

Riceballassassin said:
And now he is with the (neo) Band of the Hawks (trying to realize his dream again?).

Of course, he's pretty close actually...

Riceballassassin said:
but does the behelit apostle's wish still effect Griffith?

As I said, that guy's wish to the God Hand wasn't a 50 pages essay, his part in the grand scheme of things is done. His wish most likely got distorted and interpreted by the God Hand as it pleased them, to allow Griffith's incarnation. It's the magic of causality, everything works together to get to the needed result.

PS: Xech and Headless_Death, quit the arguing. If you guys are unsure about something, don't make 2 pages of posts out of it, and wait for someone to answer.

Aazealh said:
PS: Xech and Headless_Death, quit the arguing. If you guys are unsure about something, don't make 2 pages of posts out of it, and wait for someone to answer.

I just asked H_D what he was saying first place, as it perhaps there was something interesting there IMO, but the way he wrote it was more confusing than clear
Alas, when I asked him to develop more, he detoriated from the interesting input he could be giving
I' ld still like him to go on and expand on his first post

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
I' ld still like him to go on and expand on his first post

By PM then, we don't need to have this thread going forever, since it's already redundant in the first place.

This may sound like a stupid question, but (I am far behind on the manga) does Gutts still wants his revenge on Femto/Griffith, does this reborn Griffith have the same characteristics as femto, or are they two different beings, or is Griffith the same man he use to be before the eclipse, does he even remember what happened during the eclipse?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Scarlet said:
does Guts still wants his revenge on Femto/Griffith

Yes, although at the moment, he's more concerned about protecting and curing Casca, and getting to Elfhelm (well, getting cured himself is important too actually). So Griffith is no longer his priority, but the feelings are still there.

Black_Scarlet said:
does this reborn Griffith have the same characteristics as femto

We don't really know (in terms of power, for example), but Femto was an ethereal, spiritual being, while Griffith after the incarnation ceremony is a corporeal being, with a physical body. He's still a member of the God Hand anyway, very powerful and most probably "evil".

Black_Scarlet said:
or are they two different beings

It's the same guy inside, Femto was just incarnated into Griffith. However, that new Griffith appears to have inherited some of the Demon Child's feelings or personality, when he took over his body, using it as a vessel (you can see it in volume 22, when he protects Casca).

Black_Scarlet said:
or is Griffith the same man he use to be before the eclipse, does he even remember what happened during the eclipse?

It's the same guy that Femto was, so he remembers everything. There are older threads, very detailed, on the subject, feel free to search for them if you need more information (otherwise I'm sure Headless_Death would be willing to send you the links by PM ;)).

Aazealh said:
We don't really know (in terms of power, for example), but Femto was an ethereal, spiritual being, while Griffith after the incarnation ceremony is a corporeal being, with a physical body. He's still a member of the God Hand anyway, very powerful and most probably "evil".

It's the same guy inside, Femto was just incarnated into Griffith. However, that new Griffith appears to have inherited some of the Demon Child's feelings or personality, when he took over his body, using it as a vessel (you can see it in volume 22, when he protects Casca).

Hmm, to me Griffith Reborn has characteristics of both Griffith and Femto.
Anyway I presumed thats why he is cold hearted yet willing to protect Caska and not kill Guts out of some remaining sentimental feelings. Probably wrong though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Hmm, to me Griffith Reborn has characteristics of both Griffith and Femto.

Griffith became Femto, then Femto was incarnated into a new body, in the form of Griffith. I don't really see your point in that line, since Femto had already characteristics of the old Griffith (he is the old Griffith actually, only transformed), if that's what you meant. As for when he saves Casca, it's thanks to the Demon Child's reminiscence in him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
But doesn`t that mean that a part of the child`s personality lingers within him? ??? ???

Yes, it means that Griffith has some reminiscing part of the Demon Child in him, I thought it was rather clear by now.

Aazealh said:
Yes, it means that Griffith has some reminiscing part of the Demon Child in him, I thought it was rather clear by now.
Oh, I`ve misunderstood something. I thought you meant that there wasn`t anything of the child left in him.
(maybe I should change my name to the misinterpreter)

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
There's no doubt Griffith has some reminiscing parts of the Demon child,
and that's part of the reason why he protected Casca, but I think he would have done it anyways, even without that influence...

Top Bottom