Santa Claus?

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I'm sure I'm not the only one who as a child was taught to believe in Santa.  But my understanding was different than most kids.
My sister would write letters to me as Mrs. Clause, and give me gourmet cookies with the letters.  She had me convinced in the end that Mrs Clause existed.
At the same time my Mom was explained the truth about Santa Clause.  She explained,"He is the spirit of Christmas, and because of him people have Christmas cheer and merriment."
These explanations had me thinking that year that the truth about the whole thing was that Mrs. Clause was a widow, since Santa was a ghost that possessed people at Christmas time.  I was kind of afraid of the concept, and that that all those poor people in the mall that Santa possesses to have them dress like him.
Any one else have skewed perspectives of the existence of Santa?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Re: Santa Clause?

My perception of Santa... and yes I do believe Santa exists. Lets just examine the name for now.

Santa

Switch the a and the t.

Sanat

Switch the N and the t.

Satan

This would explain the red color (which must be the blood of a thousand virgins by the way), and his whip, which he whips that which is not reindeer, but flying horned minotaurs. He would use deceit and corruption in his toys to corrupt the next generation of children to do his bidding (just think of G. I. Joe). How do you think he fits in those chimneys? Voodoo magic of course. How do you think he knows your good or bad? Satan always knows if you will soon enter his domain or not. I mean, just think of those elves... has anyone ever seen the movie Leprechaun?

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Re: Santa Clause?

santaclause.jpg

When I was like two or so maybe 3 I asked my mum about santa and she was like

"Im gonna tell you a secret. Santa doesnt exist. I get your presents for you, but dont tell the other kids at school."

and that was it for santa and myself.

I was a happy kid until my neighbor who is older than me told me that santa does no exist. That was hard at age 16. Nah i found out at age 6, which is when the world came crashing down.

D

darkbane

Atheist to the bone, there was never a Santa tradition in my family. Come to think of it, we do not celebrate Christmas or anything, although we give presents for New Years, but it's not related to religion - just use any occasion to party. I suppose Orthodox people would celebrate Christmas after the old calendar, on the 7th of January - and after that comes Old New Years, basically another occasion to party. ;D

My Mum was still trying to convince me that Santa was real well over the age of 10 dispite saying many a time that I knew he didn't exist.

"Sigh," sentimental Mormons.  ::)

I believed till I was three when I realized that different people kept dressing up as santa and that their beard was always to big for their faces... It didn't help that santa smoked my dads cigars or that one time someone other than my dad dressed up and his pillow came out and his pants fell. Basically the tradition became a joke. Santa was famous for giving actual coal and for giving blow up dolls because "you have too many zits. You just need to fwuuup and your face will clear up." Thank god he never did that to me.

Top Bottom