Shaq Vs. Kobe I

Christmas, Staples Center, who's going to walk away with the W?

• Kobe and the Lakers

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Shaq and the Heat

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Eh the Lakers aren't going nowhere this year maybe they go as far in the first round but that's it. The Heat have a chance of making to the Finals.

I see the Miami Heat beating the Lakers by 15 points.

Go Clippers!!! ;D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I agree, but ya still got to vote for the home team. ;)

Yes, if it was as simple as Team A Vs. City B, Miami would surely defeat this fragile Laker squad. But the Shaq/Kobe factor changes everything. I mean, think of the desire of each, not to mention the pressure, to vanquish the other. Kobe has to win this game; if he does it's almost like he's instantly redeemed and justified; and more importantly, back on sports page for all the right reasons. And with Shaq we have the all-powerful revenge factor (which usually manifests itself into a championship); he's not just trying to beat Kobe, he's trying to beat the whole Laker organization, and show them that you don't trade the MDE (Most Dominant Ever). A victory now would remove all doubt; have the stakes ever been this high in a December game? It's the game of their careers, and it's like a one-time-only, winner-take-all, Game 7 delivered early in the season just for Christmas, I love it. At least until Kobe Vs. Shaq II. =)

So, will the "Brick Wall" be proven effective yet again, or will it be the Staples Center Redemtion?

Anything could happen.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Shaq vs Kobe?

I'll have to go with Shaq. Unlike Kobe, Shaq has spent his time training. He remembers the way of the samu-rai! Kobe lost his way and now he'll have to lose. [/nerd]

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Shaq vs Kobe?

I'll have to go with Shaq. Unlike Kobe, Shaq has spent his time training. He remembers the way of the samu-rai! Kobe lost his way and now he'll have to lose.  [/nerd]

Shaq is more like a fat sumo wrestler who eaten to much Fat Burger owned by Magic Johnson and he couldn't move around or defend for shit, but recently has lost of that weight. I've been to Fat Burger and the Burgers taste good. ;D

Kobe is more like a Shinobi who works by himself which explains why Kobe hugs sp? the ball so much right? :-\

Griffith

Kobe may be a selfish loner, but he's also the most talented (all due respect to Mr. James) and, more importantly, ambitious player in the NBA (again, props to LeBron in this regard). That's what I don't understand about the Kobe haters; MJ was the greatest ever because he had the talent and the will to be that great, not because he was a nice guy (and he very much wasn't at times). I'm not saying Kobe's going to come close (already can't, look at MJ's numbers starting at his rookie season =), but at least he's stepping up to the challenge; he wants to be the best ever. He wants to prove it, dominate, and carry his team to championships on his shoulders. When there's someone this competitive around, someone trying to accomplish something so massive, am I supposed to hate him because he's supposedly "a not nice guy?" Should I root for whining under-achievers like Vince "Half-Man, Half-A-Season" Carter or Tracy "No D" McGrady instead? I don't think so, I don't even know anything about these guys but what I see on the court, so that's how I judge 'em, not the shit that gets published in the paper. That's why I don't undertand the hatred of Kobe. Although the fucker did drive Shaq away. ;D

Speaking of which, first things first, let's see if he can handle Flash and the return of the Big Diesel! =)

"Griffith No More!" said:
Kobe may be a selfish loner, but he's also the most talented (all due respect to Mr. James) and, more importantly, ambitious player in the NBA (again, props to LeBron in this regard). That's what I don't understand about the Kobe haters; MJ was the greatest ever because he had the talent and the will to be that great, not because he was a nice guy (and he very much wasn't at times). I'm not saying Kobe's going to come close (already can't, look at MJ's numbers starting at his rookie season =),

You really can't compare the two in their rookie season since Kobe came out of High School when he when to the NBA while MJ was in what 2 or 3 years in College. MJ was older more experience while Kobe was too young and had to learn a bunch of stuff in the NBA that he could have learn in the NCAA. :p

Griffith

ZODDGUTSU said:
You really can't compare the two in their rookie season since Kobe came out of High School when he when to the NBA while MJ was in what 2 or 3 years in College. MJ was older more experience while Kobe was too young and had to learn a bunch of stuff in the NBA that he could have learn in the NCAA. :p

True, but so what? MJ was better; the end. Kobe should have stayed in school, maybe then he would have hit that game winning shot today. Speaking of which... ;)

GREAT game, really lived up to the hype. Too bad Kobe and the Lakers seemingly lost all motivation when Shaq fouled out; I was afraid of that. I mean, all credit to the defensive resolve of Miami, but Kobe should have owned the paint and the Lakers could have won on free throws alone.

Still, awesome game. Merry Christmas.

"Griffith No More!" said:
True, but so what? MJ was better; the end. Kobe should have stayed in school, maybe then he would have hit that game winning shot today. Speaking of which...  ;)

GREAT game, really lived up to the hype. Too bad Kobe and the Lakers seemingly lost all motivation when Shaq fouled out; I was afraid of that. I mean, all credit to the defensive resolve of Miami, but Kobe should have owned the paint and the Lakers could have won on free throws alone.

Meh MJ is overated Magic Johnson now he kickass. 8)

BTW I don't know it would have been better if Kobe gotten the ball then when he got tripled would have passed the ball to Lamar which I'm assuming should have been open right? Kobe was cold he hadn't scored that much in overtime but Lamar had a "hot" hand. :-\

Oh and GO Clippers!!! ;D

Griffith

ZODDGUTSU said:
Meh MJ is overated

Since he's rated the best player of all time by the other NBA greats as well as just about anybody that has bounced a basketball, I don't think "overrated" means much in this case. The league is still standing in his shadow. I'll give you benefit of the doubt and assume you're suffering from amnesia that you've forgotten the immutable greatness of Michael Jordan. =)

ZODDGUTSU said:
BTW I don't know it would have been better if Kobe gotten the ball then when he got tripled would have passed the ball to Lamar which I'm assuming should have been open right? Kobe was cold he hadn't scored that much in overtime but Lamar had a "hot" hand.  :-\

I think he should have scored at all. One bucket after Shaq left would have been the difference in the game; and we know Kobe is capable of much more than that.  He was tired, and totally lost his edge after seemingly vanquishing Shaq and sealing the game. I was waiting for him to dominate, to take over the show and crush Miami's spirit, instead he tried to be a "team player" and allowed the game to slip away. Proving once and for all, Shaq being out on the floor with him makes Kobe a better player. ;D

ZODDGUTSU said:
Oh and GO Clippers!!! ;D

They're just going to break your heart. ;)

Top Bottom