www.berserkstatues.com - discussion thread

DK yea of course you can link me, thanks.

Also I wrote a little article that plugs your site, it's on my front page www.thespectrum.net/ anyways just my excuse to write about Berserk and the type of stuff fans do (don't worry, it's positive). So ya get a free plug (not that you need one, I saw your post on shoryuken.com's boards which gets a ton of visitors lol) and I get to write about Berserk. Great!

I believe the statue I was referring to was made from Art of War, but then again if you haven't seen it, I may be wrong. I only have a vague image in my mind of what Guts was doing (it may not have been the "famous" eclipse ceremony, but the other more recent one for the apostle behelit). But I do recall him standing over those behelit faces (either that or red demon like things). It was a resin statue, I believe over 10 inches with his sword, and I remember it was just bad ass! But damn it was maybe 3-4 years ago when I first finished watching Berserk, so it may be long gone.

I also recall seeing it from www.animecastle.com - now that I go there under Home > Models > Completed Model Statues > Berserk Completed Statues they have nothing. I remember e-mailing them often when I wanted to buy it, but they took it down. Heck maybe if you e-mail them they might have a picture! Well good hunting, and like I said, it looked really bad ass that it made me wanna spend 100-200 dollars when I was still in high school and broke lol.

DK I'm going to revise my little berserk section soon, and I would like to add a "crazy things fan do" type page. I was wondering if you considered taking a picture of all your statues/models doing one gigantic pose? heh I think a lot of people would get a kick out of doing it (and I would enjoy using it since you'd definitely be up there for some of the coolest things fans have done... it'd be like your collection, people's tats, those awesome guts-teen/dragonslayer swords, and berserker armors - I'll need to hunt a buncha people down for permission sigh!)

But yea I think it'd be awesome to have all those berserk models/statues together for one big image. Like set-em up in a cool fashion and it'll be a nice addition imo :)

Headless Death said:
Click here for link to yahoo japan apostle Zodd Figure. ;)

Thanks for the heads up.  Unfortunately, with all the WF2005 kits lately, I have to limit my spending just a tad =P.

Fusiongt said:
DK yea of course you can link me, thanks.

Great!

Also I wrote a little article that plugs your site, it's on my front page www.thespectrum.net/ anyways just my excuse to write about Berserk and the type of stuff fans do (don't worry, it's positive). So ya get a free plug (not that you need one, I saw your post on shoryuken.com's boards which gets a ton of visitors lol) and I get to write about Berserk. Great!

Yeah I read that a few days ago.  It is a very well written article, and I appreciate all the nice things you said about my site.  I've been checking my statcounter too, and I've been getting A LOT of hits from that link you set up for me on your index page.  It goes to show how popular your site is to begin with!

I believe the statue I was referring to was made from Art of War, but then again if you haven't seen it, I may be wrong. I only have a vague image in my mind of what Guts was doing (it may not have been the "famous" eclipse ceremony, but the other more recent one for the apostle behelit). But I do recall him standing over those behelit faces (either that or red demon like things). It was a resin statue, I believe over 10 inches with his sword, and I remember it was just bad ass! But damn it was maybe 3-4 years ago when I first finished watching Berserk, so it may be long gone.

I also recall seeing it from www.animecastle.com - now that I go there under Home > Models > Completed Model Statues > Berserk Completed Statues they have nothing. I remember e-mailing them often when I wanted to buy it, but they took it down. Heck maybe if you e-mail them they might have a picture! Well good hunting, and like I said, it looked really bad ass that it made me wanna spend 100-200 dollars when I was still in high school and broke lol.

Hmmm, I believe you must be talking about the Guts: Lost Children statue:

sideleft.jpg
base.jpg

The normal edition if this statue (non-bloody) was offered briefly on animecastle.com a few years ago, so I'm thinking this is probably the one.  Look familiar?

If this is indeed the one, you can still find it on YJ and every once in a while on Ebay.  The normal edition is not TOO rare, and the limited edition is actaully limited to 500, I believe (instead of the usual 300).  So don't give up hope!  You can still get it!

Fusiongt said:
I can't seem to edit my previous post... but DK I'm going to revise my little berserk section soon, and I would like to add a "crazy things fan do" type page. I was wondering if you considered taking a picture of all your statues/models doing one gigantic pose? heh I think a lot of people would get a kick out of doing it (and I would enjoy using it since you'd definitely be up there for some of the coolest things fans have done... it'd be like your collection, people's tats, those awesome guts-teen/dragonslayer swords, and berserker armors - I'll need to hunt a buncha people down for permission sigh!)

But yea I think it'd be awesome to have all those berserk models/statues together for one big image. Like set-em up in a cool fashion and it'll be a nice addition imo :)

Haha, hmmm, I don't think I have a place big enough right now to lay all the statues out.  I've always wanted to do that though, for insurance purposes.  Eventually, when I move out of my apartment, I want to get a nice display case for them all, but that'll be a few years from now, I think.  Well, we'll see what I can do.  Maybe after I get my Griffith: Hawk Soldier on Horse kit painted and assembled, I'll take that giant photograph. =)

Ah there it is! Yea that's the one, I just totally forgot what it looked like. I must have skipped it on your site (was probably dizzy from all those crazy statues lol). Heh that's one of the better poses I've seen.

I think my favorite one on your page is the Griffith white horse one (along with the Guts black horse one). (And that Behelit apostle shocked me, I had no idea it existed, so cool)

Hm DK, probably hard to choose, but what would be your favorite?

Oh and for the big picture, you don't need to fit all on one heh. Just take multiple ones and mess with it on Photoshop :)

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
W-o-w.  Just an awesome site.  Thanks for making it; it's really informative.  Your collection is amazing!  And it looks like you found a really good guy to assemble and paint your kits. 

Do you happen to know how the people that make the kits get them molded and cast into resin, vinyl or whatever other materials?  Do they do it themselves or have it done professionally?  The only reason I ask is that SD Isidro, for example, looks blatantly like it was made with Super Sculpey.  I've sculpted with Super Sculpey many times but I don't have the setup (or enough knowledge at this point) to mold and cast my stuff on my own.  I've just always been curious as to how these guys regularly pull off these amazing kits.

(Thanks also for the Hobby Fanatics link-lots of good stuff on there)

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
I'm not too much into the action figures and collectables related to anything, but I think it's real neat that you have a site dedicated to it.
It's alot like an art museum, dedicated to Berserk, and while I dont like dishing out tons of cash for a collectable here and there, I can definately appreciate looking at it.

Thanks for making such a wonderful site!

Hi ya'll,

I just wanted to let you know I added 2 new COMPLETED Berserk Kits to my page today:

Guts: Black Swordsman, by Headlong
gutsfull.jpg

Puck: Yoda, by Headlong
puck1.jpg

Also, if you missed it, these kits were painted by the same guy who did my:

Zoddo: Human, by Headlong
final.jpg

Check out my site to see more pictures!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A great job from John Allred as expected... I just can't wait to see the future kits once they'll be finished. :)

These look awesome for sure.

conan

Until next time...
great Guts....

I love that stance and the look...

Tell your artists he's amazing!

I'm still a fan of the cheap and easy "PVC Battle Damaged" Guts statue though ;D

If I give you a random bank account can you send me the Zodd with wings? ??? Seriously, that is some kick ass stuff!!! I think the Zodd with wings is cool too. ;)

- C

PS. You knew it was coming, Zodd with wings baby!!! 8)

I thought this was the most hilarious and sweetest thing ever, so I have to share!

I just sent my website to ART OF WAR via email, and aside from saying how much they appreciate my dedication and support, they said:

We are surprised that you save up most of your money for buying products of Berserk. Thank you very much. Please kindly be reminded that health is important than anything. You could achieve nothing if your health gets worse. Take care, Derek.

Isn't that absolutely the coolest thing you've ever read?  She told me to watch my health or else I can achieve nothing!  Man, when I have all my Berserk collectibles in one giant display case, I'm going to print out this email, laminate it, and then display it right in the center!  How awesome is that?!

(On a side note: My Guts in the Berserker Armor kit by HEADLONG, will be started in the next week.  I will post pictures accordingly!  I'm quite excited for the finished product of this piece!)

==========
EDIT: I had to remove the entire email because AOW told me today that all emails are to be kept confidential, and not for public display.  :-X

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Isn't that absolutely the coolest thing you've ever read?  She told me to watch my health or else I can achieve nothing!

As I told you earlier dude, you're an otaku, no doubt about that. You live in a cave and spend your nights masturbating at all the Art of War collectibles you took a 50 years loan to buy. ;D

On a more serious note, I think this proves that Kaon Chin is definitely very cool, I'm sure TheSkyTraveller will agree. ;)

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Aazealh said:
On a more serious note, I think this proves that Kaon Chin is definitely very cool, I'm sure TheSkyTraveller will agree. ;)

Ha ha, awesome message!  Glad they were so impressed!  Yes, she is really cool.  Honestly, AOW seems to have some of the best customer service I've ever come across.  There was something wrong with my e-mail a couple of months ago while she was trying to contact me about my order.  She was getting my e-mails, but I wasn't getting hers, so she made an international call to my house just to let me know what was going on!   8)

JIN

Yudanero...
DirectDK said:
We are surprised that you save up most of your money for buying products of Berserk. Thank you very much. Please kindly be reminded that health is important than anything. You could achieve nothing if your health gets worse. Take care, Derek.

LOL  Was his brought on by something in an email you wrote them or was it just presumed?

DirectDK said:
(On a side note: My Guts in the Berserker Armor kit by HEADLONG, will be started in the next week.  I will post pictures accordingly!  I'm quite excited for the finished product of this piece!)
Hehe, when we see what yourself and Mr. Allred have done so far w/ the Headlong kits who wouldnt be excited. As im writing this ive gotta big ole smile on my face. ;D

hhahaha, bro, seriously that was nuts.
I laughed so hard I was coughing. The letter totally made my week.
You better take AOW's advice "or you could achieve nothing"!
lol
I LOVE the "Take care, Derek" part. Too good!!!! hahaha

JIN said:
LOL  Was this brought on by something in an email you wrote them or was it just presumed?

Nah, that's the funniest part.  I didn't mention anything about it.  Maybe they read my FAQ cuz I do mention a little about how I'm a student full time, and a work part time, and I save up all my money and devote it to Berserk, and just eat one meal a day, and eat lots of leftovers, etc etc. =P  Maybe they read that??

Heheh, it's just funny because right before I received that email I was chatting with a friend (EndLeSS8) on AIM and he was telling me to "chill on spending and eat more".  It was so coincidental.  :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I didn't mention anything about it.  Maybe they read my FAQ cuz I do mention a little about how I'm a student full time, and a work part time, and I save up all my money and devote it to Berserk, and just eat one meal a day, and eat lots of leftovers, etc etc. =P  Maybe they read that??

Yeah, that's what I thought from the first time, she obviously checked it out.

Hey ya'll,

Well, I have a new one to add to the collection. John just finished painting my Berserker kit, by HEADLONG, today and you guys and gals are the first to see some pics! I have to rush to work right now, so I haven't posted all the pictures on my site yet. I'll do that tonight. But for now, here are some pictures for ya!

full.jpg
face.jpg
front.jpg
hilt.jpg
carnage.jpg
theburning.jpg

Let me know your thoughts!

DirectDK said:
Amazing looks great.
i have a few of the figures and a lot of the mini action figures.
i wanted to start buying the Berserk statues once i have enough money saved. so thanks man your site lets me know what out there. plus the music KICKS ASS!

S

Some Guy

Another excellent job by Allred. The blood effect looks very good. I also like that white wispy effect on the branches.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:

Looks good, actually closer to the tone of the armor than the usual kits (just compare it to the Art of War statue to judge). Doesn't look too good in the pictures due to the light and black background though, I expect it to be a lot more spectacular once you take your own pictures.

I'm not a fan of the sticks between his legs though, grass would have looked better IMHO. I also think the blood on the body could have been rendered in a more "flashy" way, so it'd be seen better (but then again, that might still be the light in the pictures). Finally, the blood stain on the Dragon Slayer is a bit small, it should cover at least half of the blade according to what we see in the manga.

Apart from these details I think it's looking great, congratulation on it Derek. :)

I updated the site with the new pictures. You can view some more pictures here.

I also forgot to post a picture of Doraemon Puck!

front.jpg

Aazealh said:
Looks good, actually closer to the tone of the armor than the usual kits (just compare it to the Art of War statue to judge). Doesn't look too good in the pictures due to the light and black background though, I expect it to be a lot more spectacular once you take your own pictures.

Yeah, in regards to the flat black color of the armor, that was the look I thought would be the most true to Berserk. I was toying with the idea of asking John to paint it more metallic and shiny so it would look more flashy, but I just felt that it wouldn't be accurate.

In terms of the pictures, I have to see the kit in person to see how well the pictures portray it. I'm not quite sure if I can take better pictures though, because John has been photographing figures far longer than I have. He actually mentioned to me that photographing this model was really difficult because it's so black. Well, anyways, I should receive the kit in a few days. Let's just hope nothing happens during transit!

DarthVenom said:
i wanted to start buying the Berserk statues once i have enough money saved. so thanks man your site lets me know what out there. plus the music KICKS ASS!

Hehe, well I'm glad the site could help!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
I'm not quite sure if I can take better pictures though, because John has been photographing figures far longer than I have.  He actually mentioned to me that photographing this model was really difficult because it's so black.

Looks better in the pictures you posted on the site actually, the shadowing can be seen. I don't doubt it to be hard to capture correctly, it's just that I'm personally used to high photographic skills, so I'm sort of picky. :p

Great piece altogether anyway.

Top Bottom