The Moonlight Boy

berserker88

The Raging Demon
So Im thinking after re-reading this episode that it might be Griffith just playing pyschological warfare. I know its probably wrong and I hope it is. But think if it was his intent, imagine how much a bastard he would be. Besides the eclipse also which just makes it worse.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't think so.

If you want some reasons, check out his line during the Hill of Swords about wanting to see if his "heart still wavered" when in the presence of Guts. Remember how he felt the child's heart as Casca was in danger, and how he flew down and protected her? Griff may have gotten over his prevous "flaws", but now his body comes with a whole slew of daddy issues attached through Guts and Casca as parents to their demonic child.

If anything, I'd say Griffith has very little control over the child's moods.

^
completely agree.

I wonder how Gut's will react to learning that Griffith is now technically his child?
Just thinking of how Epic the confrontation between the two will be is giving me goose bumps.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I wonder how Guts will react to learning that Griffith is now technically his child?
Just thinking of how Epic the confrontation between the two will be is giving me goose bumps.
Well, if you're implying that Griffith and the Moonlight Child alternate between hosting the body, we don't know that for sure yet. It's just a theory supported by a silhouette of Zodd's horn.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Omega Tom Hanks said:
So Im thinking after re-reading this episode that it might be Griffith just playing pyschological warfare. I know its probably wrong and I hope it is.

It sure as hell is wrong and doesn't make sense.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Im sure it is too, well hope it is. Just I suppose you should never say never, I mean Griffith cant be that much of a asshole...............or can he? :griff:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Omega Tom Hanks said:
Im sure it is too, well hope it is. Just I suppose you should never say never, I mean Griffith cant be that much of a asshole...............or can he? :griff:

I think in this case it's safe to say it's not going to happen, due to lack of evidence.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Well I agree. Im just speculating if its possible for Griffith to be more of a asshole than he already is............I mean posing as there kid just to make it worse for them? I mean I thought you couldnt get any more evil with the eclipse thing. But IMO I think its the demonic child taking control over the body and using it for his own benefits.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Omega Tom Hanks said:
Well I agree. Im just speculating if its possible for Griffith to be more of a asshole than he already is............I mean posing as there kid just to make it worse for them?

But that wouldn't serve any purpose. They didn't assume it was their son, and they weren't heartbroken when the kid left off. Not to mention that Guts didn't have a very good relationship with his offspring anyway. Furthermore, the boy actually saved their lives. Why would Griffith have bothered at all? And why would he go through all that trouble in the first place when he's trying to ignore Guts as hard as he can? Like I said, it makes no sense.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Its an interesting idea, that Griffith might be using the moonlight child to break Guts' spirit. But do to the reasons Aaz mentioned, it just doesn't have any plausibility.

Walter said:
Well, if you're implying that Griffith and the Moonlight Child alternate between hosting the body, we don't know that for sure yet. It's just a theory supported by a silhouette of Zodd's horn.

I didn't really imply anything, I was just curious as to how Gut's will react to finding out that Griffith is his child. It's a really big dent in his revenge scheme, and the Beast makes things even worse.
What I wanna know is how did Griffith use Gut's child as a host when the child only appeared at night (he basically only had a Astral form)
Yet Griffith now has a "human" form as a result.
Also, Aazealh's theory on page one, is still the most sound.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
What I wanna know is how did Griffith use Guts child as a host when the child only appeared at night (he basically only had a Astral form)

The child underwent a transformation inside the Egg Apostle, remember? And although he couldn't maintain his form during the day, he had been born with a physical form in the first place.

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
Hi, this is an old thread but anyway great find Aaz!

This opens many questions and many things were speculated here even though we don't have enough elements. But IF the moon child is pure and if it is the good part separated from Griffith (that is pure evil no?) can we say he is a superior being as great as Griffith? IF he can use the powers of Griffith (this is complete speculation) it seems like he can be the most powerful good astral being, over the elf king. It is funny to think that in the creation of the superior evil thing (in the separation of good and evil) has been created also a superior good thing.
What do you think about?

JetBlack

CASULTY FAN
OK sorry if my reference to Hanafubuku King is too risky. The fact is that in the world of berserk there are so less good powers (and also for that it's cool). The Moonchild Boy could be "pure" and good for what we have seen. And he could be also powerful, so I make a reference with the Hanafubuku King (that for me could be the most powerful good being we know for now). Only for that.
On the other way I am very curious for the role that the boy could have in the future. Maybe he will be able to create some problems to Griffith. This is what I try to say. And I am sorry if my explanation wasn't clear.
Anyway thanks for your answer.

Pistol

black heart with brown eyes
Actually... Well what I thought was- you know that disfigured baby that kept appearing around Casca? I though that maybe that child was some sort of form of him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pistol said:
Actually... Well what I thought was- you know that disfigured baby that kept appearing around Casca? I though that maybe that child was some sort of form of him.

Yeah but as explained in the thread, it's a little more complicated than that.

Anyway, I don't think there's anyone that wasn't reminded of the Demon Child when they saw the Moonlight Boy. Hell, Guts himself was (I'm not even going to talk about Casca...).

slayer81

Legendary pimp, slayer of evils
Ramen4ever said:
I wonder how Guts will react to learning that Griffith is now technically his child?
If anything, Guts is going to be even more pissed because Griffith has, more or less, ruined his kid.

Omega Tom Hanks said:
Um, yep he can be... Griff's pretty much King Douche at this point. There's no way he can do anything that will make up for what he did. I mean, c'mon. :guts:

Aazealh said:
That's a delicate matter. He's not mindlessly cruel, yet he's on the bad guys' side and there is little to no doubt in the story about where he stands. It really depends on what you call "all evil" basically. Anyway it has been discussed to death in other threads in the past, so if you like the topic don't hesitate to search for old posts on the matter.
True, even though Zodd is one of the "bad guys", he does display a sense of honor from time to time. There will definitely be more to him as the story unfolds, unlike the other apostles that Guts has confronted (and slaughtered), otherwise, he'd have been long since killed. :guts:

slayer81 said:
If anything, Guts is going to be even more pissed because Griffith has, more or less, ruined his kid.

"Pissed" doesn't exactly sum up the complexity of the situation. And the question I would be asking, is the child's fate now intertwined with Griffith's? If Griffith dies, the child dies (at least physically) but is their any hope of the child being saved? What will Casca's perspective be on the issue? Fight Griffith, or pursue some unknown, maybe even unachievable way of saving their kid? We all know how attached she is to the child and Casca is almost guaranteed to further complicate the matter.

slayer81

Legendary pimp, slayer of evils
Ramen4ever said:
"Pissed" doesn't exactly sum up the complexity of the situation.
Oh I get what you're saying. "Pissed off" is really the only thing I could think of to describe his anger, even though we all know by now that it far surpasses even rage. The problem with the Moonlight Child is that we really don't know enough about him to tell what would happen to him if Griff were killed by Guts. I tell my friends who aren't familiar with Berserk that they just have to read the story for themselves because of the complexity of everything involved. This case, for instance, illustrates just that. Really, the only thing that any of us can do is wait until more is revealed about the Moonlight Child before we can even speculate on what might happen. It's all up in the air at this point. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
What will Casca's perspective be on the issue? Fight Griffith, or pursue some unknown, maybe even unachievable way of saving their kid? We all know how attached she is to the child and Casca is almost guaranteed to further complicate the matter.

Don't be too quick to draw conclusions here. Casca has been more attached to the child than Guts because of her condition so far, and Guts has been insensitive with him because of the context. It's likely that they'd both feel quite bad knowing what happened to him when Femto was incarnated, and if he was the Moonlight Boy and that killing Griffith would end his life as well, I'm pretty sure both parents would be horribly torn by the situation.

Aazealh said:
Guts has been insensitive with him because of the context. It's likely that they'd both feel quite bad knowing what happened to him when Femto was incarnated, and if he was the Moonlight Boy and that killing Griffith would end his life as well, I'm pretty sure both parents would be horribly torn by the situation.
I don't know, as you said yourself, Guts has been "insensitive" towards the deformed little demon/boy. I don't think he would be too torn if he found out Griffith and the boy were linked in some way, but I'm definitely excited to see Casca's feelings towards it (she'll be able to taaaaalk) once she's lucid.

But yeah, he hasn't had any reason to feel it was his "child" and has only really had pretty negative or obscure, uh, associations with it. It seems to disgust him more than it stirs any sort of paternal instinct in him you know? He hasn't seen it in action protecting Casca, and maybe he still remembers what Skullknight said about how as long as it still exists it would bring him grief (or at least -something- is making him want to keep it away from himself).

I'm also under the impression that he assumes the demon fetus is a seperate being from the moonlight child they found on the beach (admittedly he looked preeetty darn confused that night though). So yeah, distanced enough, no real bond, won't be too bothered... but that's from my understanding of what Miura's shown so far, and I could be wrong!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
spineylamb said:
I don't know, as you said yourself, Guts has been "insensitive" towards the deformed little demon/boy.

Because of the context (the child's deformity, his corrupted-by-evil state, Guts' life at the time, the things he reminded him of, etc.). But it was still his son. And he thought back about the last time he saw him with melancholy when the Moonlight Boy showed up. I guarantee you that he would mind it a great deal if killing Griffith meant killing his child, especially if it turns out the kid isn't a degenerated mess anymore. And I'm also sure he won't take it well when he'll learn what was done to the kid at Albion.

spineylamb said:
But yeah, he hasn't had any reason to feel it was his "child" and has only really had pretty negative or obscure, uh, associations with it. It seems to disgust him more than it stirs any sort of paternal instinct in him you know? He hasn't seen it in action protecting Casca, and maybe he still remembers what Skullknight said about how as long as it still exists it would bring him grief

I think you need to re-read the end of episode 238, and possibly more of the interactions between the two. The child brought him grief indeed, but that doesn't mean Guts merely hated him or only found him disgusting.

Guts-child.jpg

spineylamb said:
I'm also under the impression that he assumes the demon fetus is a seperate being from the moonlight child they found on the beach

He doesn't assume they're the same being, and it's not like we know they're the same for sure ourselves anyway. We only speculate that they might be. Still, seeing the Moonlight Boy reminded Guts of his son, so if anyone's made the connexion it's him (obviously Casca's instinct may allow her to see things others don't, but there's no way to know for sure).

Pistol

black heart with brown eyes
King douche... Well all roads lead to Rome I suppose but Elf King or evil fetus, "moonlight boy" may change shape in scenes to come so that may draw a bit more light on the subject.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pistol said:
Elf King or evil fetus, "moonlight boy" may change shape in scenes to come so that may draw a bit more light on the subject.

I don't think the Moonlight Boy could be the Elf King though. It wouldn't make any sense.

Top Bottom