!UPDATED! Super Megaton Statue Ebay Awareness!!!

CullKnight

My Berserk pudding tastes funny
Now i really wished i had enough dough. This guys gettin rid of a whole lot of awesome stuff!!! :'( :'(:'(
http://search.ebay.com/berserk_Collectibles_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQfrtsZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ1QQsojsZ1

S

Some Guy

Re: Grunbeld Limited Ed Statue on Ebay

Same here, since it would only get harder to find and more expensive later on (esp at 100 statues made), and looks like one of the better ones.

Also, I believe his arm cannon can be opened, though I'm not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=99992&item=5966075941&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

That's the 3rd one of that statue he is selling, I wonder how many he has.

Yeah, I agree, there have been a lot of Berserk statues on ebay recently.  However, most of them have just been the select few that Previews has brought over.

These statues were talked about a bit here as well: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4063.0

What I'm trying to figure out is if there are ANY differences between the AOW statues that were brought over, or if the numbering system is different.  Certain statues like the Limited Edition of the Zoddo Human, Silat, Ishidro, Judeau, Guts Maken, etc etc... they are limited to 300 or less pieces (Zoddo Human Form may be a bit more).  But I can't imagine that there can be THAT much surplus of stock that AOW can send a whole bunch of them over, yet still have them available for order on their website...

Last time Toycom released AOW statues in the US, the statues didn't come in the same metal-edged boxes, nor did they come with inidividual serialized nameplates.  I wonder if this is the same case now.

To anyone that has bought one of the recent AOW statues through Previews, could you confirm with me if yours came with a metal numbered nameplate and metal edged box?  I will go ahead and email the seller of that auction as well, to see if he can confirm with me that all those statues he mentions really DO have a serial number.  I've gotten a few emails/questions about this myself, from other berserk collectors, and I would like to confirm what the answer is and add it to the FAQ of my website.

Thanks!

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
DirectDK said:
To anyone that has bought one of the recent AOW statues through Previews, could you confirm with me if yours came with a metal numbered nameplate and metal edged box? 

Most of my Berserk statue collection was ordered through Previews at my comic store.  The (somewhat) more recent ones came in the nicer, metal edged boxes, and they do have serial numbers on the metal nameplate.  My Femto, Zodd w/wings, Skull Knight, and Lost Children Guts statues all have serial numbers.  They're the normal versions, not the exclusive.  The statues that did not have serial numbers were the first ones released; Hawks Guts, Caska and Griffith, and Black Swordsman Guts. 

Hope this helps!

TheSkyTraveller said:
Most of my Berserk statue collection was ordered through Previews at my comic store.  The (somewhat) more recent ones came in the nicer, metal edged boxes, and they do have serial numbers on the metal nameplate.  My Femto, Zodd w/wings, Skull Knight, and Lost Children Guts statues all have serial numbers.  They're the normal versions, not the exclusive.  The statues that did not have serial numbers were the first ones released; Hawks Guts, Casca and Griffith, and Black Swordsman Guts. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks SkyTraveller, very useful information indeed.  The seller responded to me as well and confirmed that all his "recent" statue arrivals have the metal edged boxes and #### nameplate.

A quick question about your Zoddo with Wings statue that has a serial number... I actaully emailed AOW about this several months ago, and they informed me that the only Zoddo Apostle statues that have serial numbers are the bloody ones (both with wings and without wings).  They could have made an error when emailing me but from my experience also, I have never seen a non-bloody Zoddo with/without wings that has a METAL nameplate (as opposed to those nameplates that are just painted on) WITH a serial number.  Would you mind double checking your statue, just in case?  Thank you much!

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
DirectDK said:
They could have made an error when emailing me but from my experience also, I have never seen a non-bloody Zoddo with/without wings that has a METAL nameplate (as opposed to those nameplates that are just painted on) WITH a serial number.  Would you mind double checking your statue, just in case?  Thank you much!

Hmmm, now I'm not completely sure.  Sorry for the delay, I'll check the nameplate soon.  I don't have it displayed with the statue, so currently it's packed away in the box in the basement.  I'll dig it up!  I don't remember any of the statues I bought through Previews having a painted nameplate, but there are differences; for instance my Black Swordsman Guts statue says "Black Swordsman-Hawk Soldiers" instead of "Guts-Black Swordsman".  ::)

I wish I could have the serial numbered versions of some of these older releases but now that AOW's site is in English I'll just concentrate on that from now on.  8)

EDIT-UPDATED INFO- You, sir, were right!  I just got my ol' Zodd box back out of the basement....nice box, and the name on the nameplate is imprinted, not painted, but there is no serial number.  Is there a reason why there aren't any with serial numbers that aren't exclusive?  My assumption about the others released in the US by Toycom (at the time) was that they were possibly going to be mass produced; therefore could not be numbered.  I still think it's weird that half of them seem are the real deal with serials and half aren't.

Anyway, hope I helped!

TheSkyTraveller said:
EDIT-UPDATED INFO- You, sir, were right!  I just got my ol' Zodd box back out of the basement....nice box, and the name on the nameplate is imprinted, not painted, but there is no serial number.  Is there a reason why there aren't any with serial numbers that aren't exclusive?  My assumption about the others released in the US by Toycom (at the time) was that they were possibly going to be mass produced; therefore could not be numbered.  I still think it's weird that half of them seem are the real deal with serials and half aren't.

Anyway, hope I helped!

Hey again.  Thanks for checking for me!  As to why the Zoddo Apostle statues that don't have blood don't have serial numbers either... it beats the hell out of me.  AOW has numbered all their other non-exclusive statues so it's a bit puzzling.  As to why Toycom didn't have any numbers, I agree with you.

But as to being the "real deal" for the Zoddo statue itself, since all the Japanese non-bloody ones didn't have serial numbers either, I guess there's not much to worry about.  Plus, when I emailed AOW, that's what they told me so it's legit, I guess!

Top Bottom