A Skull night on the beach

I was thinking, do you guys remember when in the amnga they where talking about the huge hole in the ground where they were holding Grif, and they had a lot of skeletons down there with the brand on them.

I think one of the god hand members was in that castle(where the hole is) with skullknight(before he died).One of the people in that castle(skullknights brother or friend)sacrificed them to become a Godhand member, now skullknight wants his head. :eek:

What do you guys think skullknights past.

D

darkbane

The biggest mystery of them all. We know (more or less) that SK was Gaiseric, the King of Midland or some such. As you say whoever is down at the bottom of that tower (the population of the previous capital of Midland, built by Gaiseric) was sacrificed. From Zodd's comments I infer that SK himself was a sacrifice also, maybe even the catalyst for the ritual, like Guts was. Even if he wasn't, he still had a deep connection to the people sacrificed (ie was their king). We also know that four, or five angels descended to destroy capital and punish the King, so this was obviously a "festival", although if the current God Hand members were "born" only afterwards, the question remains of who descended. A previous God Hand?

Who sacrificed? There isn't any info on that at all, as far as I can tell. Zodd is most likely not involved - he may be too young, and SK doesn't show him any particular animosity. SK hates God Hand, but so does Guts.

After this point, it's wild speculation. I think that Gaiseric found a way to destroy the previous God Hand, or something happened to them. In the process, he lost most of his humanity. We know the previous owner of the Berserker armor bled to death, and we know that SK was the previous owner, that has to count for something. So, assuming he managed to deal with the pesky God Hand, I think he stayed on board to protect the world from the shadows. His current goal, then, would be the downfall of the current God Hand. However, a suitable opportunity has yet to present itself - causality yada yada.

As to who made the sacrifice, your guess would be as good (or bad) as mine.

D

darkbane

K9999 said:
there was a different God Hand ???

http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/world/timeline/

It seems Void and the rest were born after the destruction of Gaiseric's empire.. So the 4 or 5 angels must have been someone else.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/world/timeline/

It seems Void and the rest were born after the destruction of Gaiseric's empire.. So the 4 or 5 angels must have been someone else.
Perhaps the 4 Kings of the World? That's been my belief for a while now (since ep. 211). But yes, it's still wild speculation at this point.

[shameless ad for story]
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3941.0
The rest of my beliefs, fictionalized 8)
[/shameless ad for story]

As said any details are only theory, but it's probably safe to say whoever made the sacrifice was at least a higher power than that of an Apostle; Not only is it such an important mystery even after a 1,000 years, but in the tower or rebirth there are many sacrifices shown.
I don't know if it is anything official but it seems A Godhand has to make a much larger sacrifice than any Apostle, that is at least comparing Griffiths Sacrifice to any Apostles shown.

What im wondering is, if there was a different Godhand where'd they go :eek:.

It would be a good reason SkullKnight was after the Godhand, if his friend destroyed his life.To me Void must have been important to him not that he's holding a grudge against Void because he's not.

Griff was beaten to dust in a prison, to me Void woke up on the wrong side of the bed :-X, like Griff.If SkullKnight is like Guts I hope Griff is like Void then well have a little more light on the picture.

wHAT I think:

Skullknight imprisoned Void for doing something to the kingdom, probably betrayed him but failed.Void is ripped to part and he sacificed them all.Skullknight gets a spell
put on him so he can live forever and hunter him down,but if there was a different Godhand my story doesnt work ??? hmmmmmm.#@%$ FINISH BERSERK NOWWWWW, I NEED ANSWERS.

D

darkbane

K9999 said:
What im wondering is, if there was a different Godhand where'd they go :eek:.

To quote RJ on this, RAFO (read and find out). With some luck, within the next 20 years. (If Miura ever reveals it, that is).

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
I think that Skullknight killed the original Godhand, but more were born. Gut's has taken Skullknight's place- so even if Guts manages to kill the Godhand, theres a good chance more will be born. This might explain why Skullknight constantly mentions how one man cannot change Fate. ("One man cannot change the outcome of the Festival" something or other.)

When Mozgus was doing his little ceremonial "sprawling" in the Tower of Abion (sp?), he mentioned of a priest who was imprisoned and tortured, and who prayed daily to god of the sins of Gaiseric and his kingdom. His prayers were answered by an act of God (more or less, I think that's what the manga said) in the form of descending angels.

So, I believe this "priest" was Void, since he looks to me like someone who is being in the process of being tortured (lips pulled back and all), so Void and SK share a more intimate and stronger hatred (connection?) for each other than SK does with the other GodHand (although he still hates them all all the same...), very much like what Griffith and Guts are right now.

Hmmmm, we all agree that Skull Knight has it out especially for Void, but there is a difference of 136 years between the destruction of the empire, and the birth of Void as a God Hand.......

Maybe void lived so long due to magic?, maybe void is the descendant of that priest?, who knows.....can't wait for more info on the god hand though, especially the more unknown conrad and ubik.

And also who the previous God Hand were, how they looked etc.

And too me i don't only see a connection between Skull Knight and Guts, but also a connection between Skull Knight and Griffith.
Who knows, Maybe Skull Knight was also a reborn God Hand, and that is how he was able to conquer all nations into one, but he got to cocky, and the god hand wanted to punish him/or whatever happened back in the destruction, and that turned him to the "good" side, and know he's been fighting for 1000 years.

Skull nights past doesn't have to be an exact copy of what Guts is doing at the moment.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Triggormortis said:
This might explain why Skullknight constantly mentions how one man cannot change Fate. ("One man cannot change the outcome of the Festival" something or other.)

I don't see the relation with what you previously said, since if someone can kill them, things will change. And Skull Knight does refer to causality as something that can be altered in a way, see the "Jumping Fish" reference.

yota821 said:
he mentioned of a priest who was imprisoned and tortured

A wiseman, not a priest. Take a look at Walter's custom title.

Surt said:
Hmmmm, we all agree that Skull Knight has it out especially for Void

Why?

Well, i must admit to have seen it like a fact, but maybe the strike at him druing the birth of femto was just aimed at the nearest god hand member.

But anyways, skull knight and Void has been put in connection for a long time now, so thats the basis óf my comment.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Surt said:
Well, i must admit to have seen it like a fact, but maybe the strike at him druing the birth of femto was just aimed at the nearest god hand member.

But anyways, skull knight and Void has been put in connection for a long time now, so thats the basis óf my comment.

Well, to get it out of the way...from this thread

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1770.0

Volume 13 / Episode 80: Zodd to SK ; SK to Zodd
Incorrect: "You've stood against us for thousands of years"
Correct: "You've stood against us for a thousand years."

Incorrect: "Fate forsees that I shall strike down Void"
Correct: "I suppose that this encounter too is, as Void would say, in the flow of the Causality... In that case, I entrust my life to this sword."

So there's no real tie between SK and Void, though they do have some knowledge of each other, SK also seems knows about Slan, as seen in the Qliphoth. So I don't think there's much proof of a special connection between Skulley and Void.

Skull Knight's past

i didn't want to go off topic in the "what is the least likely ending to berserk" thread so i decided to start a new one.
Walter said:
Why not a Griffith / Guts relationship? It doesn't have to be Star Wars to be dramatic you know...
Ok i know i love "The Wars".....a lot lol ;D. but come on, you cant tell me the thought of either of them having a either blood relationship. Or a relationship & past very similar to the one Guts and Griffith have. ??? has not passed your mind.

i mean think about what kind of twist and how cool it would be if Mr. Miura just threw that in there just to make the story more intense. i mean you never know. i think it would be a pretty cool.

and i also started this thread to see what everyone thinks
about
1. Skull Knights past (what, where, and how do you think he came along and became what he is)
2. Do you think there is any connection between Skull Knight and Void? and if there is, what is it? ???

I actually think that SK was a God Hand, then became flesh (Gaiseric). That's probably why he was said to be so powerful and he could unite an empire by himself. And the time fits with Griffith's rebirth so I think it's plausible. Now, I think that he survived the distruction of his empire and somehow became immortal, using some kind of magic. I also think that the four kings of the earth were the God Hand at the time, so that's why he started his quest of revenge.

This is just my idea, im not certain at all.

Beneath

The wind whispered.. and the world began to change
Ah thats a very good idea, I havent even thought about that before. Its very possible that SK was a Godhand, and the 4/5 angels that came down were the other Godhand, punishing him for whatever reason.

But then that leaves the question as to what happened to those 4 angels, since obviously a new Godhand appeared some years after Gaiserics fall.

Damnit I want to know whats going on!!!!

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Void Swordsman said:
Well, how?
Guts' brand does not bleed around him, yet bleeds around every other Godhand and Apostle.

To me, it seems far more likely that the Godhand was the Wiseman that Mozgus was mentioning.

Churn

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I just thought i would add i noticed one connection between Void and Skullknight (might be mistaken). During the original eclipse Skullknight attack Void (i imagine this is where most of us are drawing their connection) but if you notice Void creates a cut in the dimension very similar to the one Skullknight later makes in Quilproth (sp?) with his new Behelit Sword. I'm wondering what you all make of this connection seeing that they both seem to be able to manipulate overlapping sections.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Churn said:
Void creates a cut in the dimension very similar to the one Skullknight later makes in Quilproth (sp?) with his new Behelit Sword. I'm wondering what you all make of this connection seeing that they both seem to be able to manipulate overlapping sections.

It's Qliphoth. As for SK and Void, I'm not sure this proves anything as a connection at all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's a smart parallel. I certainly didn't make it yet. But by itself, it seems incidental. Besides, the physics of each of the "voids" act differently.

Kagami

Goo!
Headless Death said:
Guts' brand does not bleed around him, yet bleeds around every other Godhand and Apostle.

To me, it seems far more likely that the Godhand was the Wiseman that Mozgus was mentioning.

that doesn't mean he was NEVER part of a previous god hand. He is obviously not one now, but that could have happened at an eclipse or something similar. He had his power whisked away by some shmoe making a sacrifice (maybe skully himself), and now he is pissed. Even if you don't find it likely, don't say it's impossible. The story of Gaiseric does sound similar to Griff.

Top Bottom