A Skull night on the beach

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
Even if you don't find it likely, don't say it's impossible.

I say it's impossible. :-* There's a lot of clues about it, you just have to read the manga. Really, that discussion is supposed to have died 3 years ago. There's actually no need to even talk about it since anybody can run a search and find old threads talking about it.

Kagami said:
that could have happened at an eclipse or something similar. He had his power whisked away by some shmoe making a sacrifice (maybe skully himself), and now he is pissed.

Is that supposed to be credible?

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Aazealh said:
Well actually no, it's not.

Let's assume he was.

And Void pushed him off his throne, after he, like Griffith, gathered his own kingdom. Void took everything from him.

And now assume that Skullknight needs Guts, for one reason that isn't clear yet. Something he cannot accomplish himself.

By assuming all this(this ís speculation nation, right ? ;-), how can we know that Skull Knight can be trusted ?

I am going out of my way here, but has anyone read Spawn, the numbers after 100 ? Cogliosterio betrayed him in the same way, so he could gain the throne.

Allthough I love Skully(and I will continue that, whatever he's up to), it would be rash to assume that he only has good in mind, and isn't planning to use Guts, and regain his empire.

If that's considered "bad", of course.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
He "opposes evil" (his own words), leaps to the safety of old women, and slices apostles in multi-chunks at the drop of a hat. Somehow I don't think he wants to be a God Hand... but regain his empire? He's a walking piece of armor? It's sort of out of the question for him to rule.

It's tempting to make parallels between your favorite series, but 99% of the time, it's just wishful thinking. Look at the evidence that's available and in the forefront. That's what counts.

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Walter said:
He "opposes evil" (his own words), leaps to the safety of old women, and slices apostles in multi-chunks at the drop of a hat. Somehow I don't think he wants to be a God Hand... but regain his empire? He's a walking piece of armor? It's sort of out of the question for him to rule.

It's tempting to make parallels between your favorite series, but 99% of the time, it's just wishful thinking.  Look at the evidence that's available and in the forefront. That's what counts.

I agree with the evidence you gave that Skullknight isn't downright evil, but we still don't know his true intent. There's no evidence for that either, so we can only speculate why he needs Guts(which he presumably does, since he guides him in the right direction whenever they meet), and how this relates to his plan of vengeance because of his lost empire(which again, is a gross estimate, concluding from the evidence we have).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The reason he's helping Guts should be self-evident by now. He's been a great hand in doing clean-up duty on Apostles. As far as "evidence" goes, of course we have nothing concrete to go on. His intentions for Guts are vaguely pronounced by Zodd in ep. 226, "Do you plan on having him walk the same path as you, the path of Hell?" And from what we can gather at the moment, his meaning is that Guts, with further use of Berserk's Armor, will slowly become more of an Astral being than Physical; something more akin to Skull Knight.

The series lends sufficient information about Skully to know he's not going to suddenly be a turncoat. If Skull Knight has evil intentions then you might as well equate Flora to be evil too, as they were in league together for centuries. It just doesn't add up.

But if you want to remain in the realm of PURE speculation (i.e. not bringing up any specific evidence), then you're absolutely correct. Skull Knight may indeed have ambitions to... rule his own country... again. :guts:

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
the current godhand were born AFTER the fall of Gaiseric's Empire? where's that piece of info coming from in the manga? Because i don't recall reading that specific fact, nor do i recall anything that might help me deduce it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IgnusDei said:
the current godhand were born AFTER the fall of Gaiseric's Empire? where's that piece of info coming from in the manga? Because i don't recall reading that specific fact, nor do i recall anything that might help me deduce it.
Math. A god hand is born every 216 years, Femto being the 5th. Gaiserics empire was 1000 years ago.

Walter said:
But if you want to remain in the realm of PURE speculation (i.e. not bringing up any specific evidence), then you're absolutely correct. Skull Knight may indeed have ambitions to... rule his own country... again.

Maybe Guts is Gaeseric's descendant, and the Skull Knight will help to put him on the throne (or Guts will become king by his own hand ;)).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Alucalb said:
Maybe Guts is Gaeseric's descendant, and the Skull Knight will help to put him on the throne (or Guts will become king by his own hand ;)).
Lord of the Berserk Armor?

Top Bottom