Banned of the Hawks... again. =)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I've officially been banned for the third time from thehawks forum. It's hard to tell exactly who or why since every other member there is a moderator; probably why everything there that isn't totally bland or non-sensical gets deleted, it's got to upset somebody, and that somebody has a 50/50 chance of being a mod. I was banned earlier in the week too, then I was un-banned for some reason, I assumed maybe Judea stuck up for me but I don't know. But now I'm banned again, the only reason I can think of besides just because I'm me (and that's enough over there, trust me =) is that I was having an argument with a mod over the latest episode. Sepico is a pet character of her's, this obviously affects her perception of the story, and she couldn't understand for the life of her why Serpico and Guts were fighting. I tried to explain essentially the obvious about Serpico and the situation, but she wasn't having it. Anyway, I was being perfectly fair, just debating, no flaming or dirty pool, and suddenly my posts just started dissapearing. I reposted, and then was banned; probably the right move if you can't hang with me. But given my reputation there, she could be totally innocent and it was just a coincidence, I honestly don't know. I don't even think the mods can ban people, so maybe whitehawk or someone was just tired of my presence already and I had used my "second chance."

Anyway, I don't mind, I expect to be banned everytime I go there, but here's a funny little epilogue: someone, possibly her, PMed me (we were talking outside the thread as well). But I'll never know, I can see I've been PMed, but I can't check under the ban. =)

I'll ask Genn when I get the chance, but can any of our two-timers here (dwarfkicker, I'm looking in your direction) do some snooping and solve the case for me, why I was banned again/who PMed me?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
The true question is... why did they unban you in the first place...

Bah. Crazy kids. They are always looking for trouble.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
You don't have to be unbaned unless you have a static IP. All you have to do is refresh your IP and make a new account... and thats assuming they link your account to your IP, otherwise you don't even have to refresh it.

Griffith

I don't think Mage meant anything by that, and he's gotta point anyway, yeah, it's just a time waster. It was interesting debating that girl because it was a pet peeve of mine, someone who's underinformed, misunderstands key scenes, and has basically created their own alternate Berserk fan-universe. But alas, I couldn't really help her because everything I said was getting deleted, no matter how benign or on point. The place is just messed up, all the translation pilfering and scan leeching aside, it's like the iron curtain over there, and we're supposed to be the fascist board. To give you an idea, a post I made that simply suggested reading a few key chapters was deleted; they deleted reccomended reading.  Everyone's pretty clueless, including the 50+ random people that serve as mods. Anyway, as much as I like being the most Berserk-informed person there (not really fun, actually), I guess I'll just stay away because the mods and admins honestly don't seem to know what to do with me.

BE A MAN, HAWK! 8)

Walter said:
If you want to take that stance, why are you posting here now? Lots of spare time?

I was honestly curious. I've never perceived the hawks forum to be a source of stimulating debate, have heard about how egotistic and retarded their mods are, and Griffith's been banned (apparently off/on) from there for years. Aside from that, if someone there isn't accepting his viewpoint and reasoning, why bother arguing with them? The free time comment came off sarcastically, but I didn't mean it that way.

(dwarfkicker, I'm looking in your direction)
Sure dude, I'll check for you.  Genn has saved my ass a couple of times from the wrath of Gatsu.  That guy can't take any criticism.  I mean come on, he called the main character Guts and was upset when Miura came out and said it was Guts.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Dwarf Kicker said:
Sure dude, I'll check for you.  Genn has saved my ass a couple of times from the wrath of Guts.  That guy can't take any criticism.  I mean come on, he called the main character Guts and was upset when Miura came out and said it was Guts.
It's done now. I must say... you guys ain't kidding.

Griff, your avatar is still up over there. When you're banned isn't it like here and you end up on guest status for all your previous posts?

And How come everytime I put that one mod/admins name it automatically changes it to "Guts"?

Griffith

Yeah, I don't know that there's much to do anymore. That girl wasn't deleting my posts, so I assume it was Genn or Andy. And who knows who banned me, could have been any one of my "friends" over there. =)

dwarfkicker said:
Griff, your avatar is still up over there.  When you're banned isn't it like here and you end up on guest status for all your previous posts?

No, that's if you're deleted. My account isn't deleted or even banned, but I'm IP banned right now. There's ways around it, but meh.

dwarfkicker said:
And How come everytime I put that one mod/admins name it automatically changes it to "Guts"?

Cause we've had a clue for a while, unlike thehawk's cut & paste guru, G-a-t-s-u.

I wonder why I get banned? ;D

Mage said:
I was honestly curious.  I've never perceived the hawks forum to be a source of stimulating debate, have heard about how egotistic and retarded their mods are, and Griffith's been banned (apparently off/on) from there for years.  Aside from that, if someone there isn't accepting his viewpoint and reasoning, why bother arguing with them?  The free time comment came off sarcastically, but I didn't mean it that way.

Yeah, I know, it's stimulating for me only because of the friction my presence causes, but yeah, nobody's much interested in, or prepared for, a real debate or intense conversation on the series. No big loss, but it's unfortunate that they've cultivated such a shitty culture of non-communication. They don't even want to have anything out, so why have a board?

To ban me, I guess. =)

Griffith

dwarfkicker said:
Genn's looking into it for ya.  He says you'll probably be unbanned sometime soon.

Who was deleting my posts though? No point in unbanning me if my posts are just deleted anyway.

It wasn't Genn. He was outta the loop on that one. I'll ask him though. Geez I feel like a middle man.

Also I perfer the term "double agent" ;D instead of two timer. Two timer makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I don't know why you would get banned, GNM, your one of the most active members here, and you always seem to contribute to the discussions. These forums are fucking uptight to the max, definately the most uptight forums I've ever been a part of, but I love BERSERK so much that I want to keep reading the new episodes here, and I thank God for members like Saiki who make that possible for the Americans. If I get bitched at for every comment I make, even if it's just a harmless joke, I simply won't comment anymore.. Some members here make it seem like they are part of the creation of BERSERK or something..

Just trying to give an input to the admins on what some members might be thinking. Please don't ban me over this...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
aufond said:
I don't know why you would get banned, GNM, your one of the most active members here, and you always seem to contribute to the discussions.  These forums are fucking uptight to the max, definately the most uptight forums I've ever been a part of, but I love BERSERK so much that I want to keep reading the new episodes here, and I thank God for members like Saiki who make that possible for the Americans.  If I get bitched at for every comment I make, even if it's just a harmless joke, I simply won't comment anymore..  Some members here make it seem like they are part of the creation of BERSERK or something..

Just trying to give an input to the admins on what some members might be thinking.  Please don't ban me over this...
Uuum nobody is going to ban Griff here... unless I understood wrong Aufond. 

Griff, I thought I sent you a PM about this "Hawk" issue. Apparently, Genn deleted your posts.

Griffith

Nomad said:
Uuum nobody is going to ban Griff here... unless I understood wrong Aufond. 

Griff, I thought I sent you a PM about this "Hawk" issue.  Apparently, Genn deleted your posts.

I got it, and that's what she said, but she's said a lot of other stuff that isn't true. I'm still banned, afterall. =)

I don't think she's lying, but just how the whole thing began, I don't think she knows what she's talking about here. No biggie.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
"Griffith No More!" said:
I got it, and that's what she said, but she's said a lot of other stuff that isn't true. I'm still banned, afterall. =)

I don't think she's lying, but just how the whole thing began, I don't think she knows what she's talking about here. No biggie.
Well if it makes you feel better... your Avatar (Christmas Skully) has been praised. ;)
And I thought I wasn't that well informed in Berkerk... all I can say is WOW!.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:

Only correct spelling accepted! ;D

aufond said:
If I get bitched at for every comment I make, even if it's just a harmless joke, I simply won't comment anymore..

Stop the boohoo already aufond. When you post shit you have to expect people to point it out, the same way making insightful comments will get you general approval. You'd better get used to that, because that's the way life is. And don't expect people to cry over the loss of your precious comments either, it's your own decision.

aufond said:
Please don't ban me over this...

Oh noes, please don't! :'(

boohoo.jpg

How hypocritical of you to feign anxiety over that matter however, when you know that people certainly don't get banned from here for just being insipid.

PS: Oh, and Griffith was talking about another forum, not this one...

Aazealh said:
How hypocritical of you to feign anxiety over that matter however, when you know that people certainly don't get banned from here for just being insipid.

OK, look dude, these are just jokes. "Please don't ban me." Of course thats a joke. "Either way, I would really like to see that gaurd get killed." That's a joke. Did anybody else get that these are just harmless jokes?? I'm sorry if that was unclear, but in other forums I'm part of, people always leave little on-topic jokes like that, including me. Mabey they're good for a laugh, mabey they aren't, but are they really causing so much distress? Is the bandwidth so precious that it needs not be wasted on comments that aren't absolutely necessary? I hope you don't mind me posting this part of a PM you sent me, Aaz.

[quote author="Aazealh"]
You've got to admit that your comments are rather mindless, especially concerning that guard. [/quote]

Jesus Christ, sorry dude.

Griff always posts jokes that crack me up. That's why I say you bitch me out over a short simple joke. By all means, point me out when I'm trying to seriously make speculating points that are incorrect, but why dwell on these quick jokes, and even tell me to go away over them? Are they really so offending? I love BERSERK. Am I still so much as a noob that nobody takes my posts seriously? Whatever. I'm sorry for bitching or whatever you want to think I'm doing here, I'm just trying to give my perspective, as meaningless as you may think it is.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
aufond said:
Mabey they're good for a laugh, mabey they aren't, but are they really causing so much distress? Is the bandwidth so precious that it needs not be wasted on comments that aren't absolutely necessary?
"Oh great! There's plenty of room here! This'll be a perfect place to take a shit!" While bandwidth isn't at stake, your ethos and the integrity of the board is always at stake.

aufond said:
Griff always posts jokes that crack me up. That's why I say you bitch me out over a short simple joke.
corcas.gif
:​
"[Griffith has] something you will never have, you are not the same!"​

Most members here would rather read well-thought out posts rather than those that go straight from one's stomach to their keyboard and ultimately splattering all across the internet, with no interference from your brain.

This is a perfectly apt thread for this debate to go down in too. It exemplifies the differences in tolerance of conduct between TheHawks and Skullknight.Net. Our unwritten rules of conduct here aren't tyrannical. We simply ask that you think before you post. Consider the implications and research your assertions before making an ass of yourself.

PS: Also, a trial audience would be preferable if you plan on using untested, unprovenly funny jokes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Redundant reply after Walter's, but anyway (it's the toned down version):

aufond said:
OK, look dude, these are just lame jokes.

Ah, ok.

aufond said:
in other forums I'm part of, people always leave little on-topic jokes like that, including me.

Are the jokes funny over there?

aufond said:
Is the bandwidth so precious that it needs not be wasted on comments that aren't absolutely necessary?

Well, I connect to the Internet using a 9.600 bauds modulator-demodulator actually, so yes, it is. Walter also pays for the bandwidth. With his money.

aufond said:
I hope you don't mind me posting this part of a PM you sent me, Aaz.

Might as well post it all.

"Aazealh said:
Hey, don't go all boo-hoo over a casual remark... You've got to admit that your comments are rather mindless, especially concerning that guard. You can comment as much as you want, and your every comment is welcome, but please try to give them some thought.

Thanks in advance.

[quote author=aufond"]Jesus Christ, sorry dude.[/quote]

It's ok for this time, I feel merciful today.

aufond said:
point me out when I'm trying to seriously make speculating points

Does that ever happen? I thought all your posts were harmless jokes. ???

aufond said:
even tell me to go away over them?

THAT WAS A HARMLESS JOKE.

aufond said:
Am I still so much as a noob that nobody takes my posts seriously?

Well... :-\

aufond said:
I'm sorry for bitching or whatever you want to think I'm doing here, I'm just trying to give my perspective, as meaningless as you may think it is.

How about you quote the PM where I say your perspective isn't meaningless to me? Don't worry, we're nice people here. But I'll ban you if you keep annoying me with this bullshit.

PS: JUST JOKING! ;D You know I like you aufond!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Posting on the original subject, why does it seem to me like TheHawks forum is utterly pointless?  If you can't debate anything, then what's the point of having a forum?  Do they just post stuff like "Guts ROXXORS!!!" or something?  This forum doesn't really seem very uptight to me, it just seems like there are a lot of people who don't read before they post since it's so large, but hearing that about TheHawks makes it seem even less so.

Top Bottom