What's your favorite video games?

Aazealh i searched all over for this topic and i could not find it. so if there is one my bad ;D

Ok i have been wondering. what are your favorite video games? and i mean from every genre. from RPG's to Shooters to Fighting or even Sports. and from any system. past., present or future games you cant wait to come out. and after a while (and quite a few posts) i wanted to start a poll on, what's everyone favorite game? oh and games that you wish they would remake for systems coming out.

ok ill start it off.

my favorite game for

NES
Narc
Smash TV
Super Mario 1-3
Dragon warrior 1-4
Mike Tyson's punch out
Double Dragon 3
Maniac Mansion
Battle Chess

SNES
Breath Of Fire 1&2
Zelda 3
Secret Of Mana
Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Sega Genesis
Mortal Kombat 1-3
SplatterHouse 2
NBA JAM
Earth Worm Jim 1
Sonic 1-3

Play Station
Final Fantasy 7-9
Final Fantasy anthology(5-6)
Final Fantasy Origins (1&2)
Final Fantasy Tactics
(i put the Final Fantasy re-releases here instead of they're original respectable systems)
Grandtheft auto 1,2 & London
Wild Arms 2

PS2
Grand Theft auto 3, Vice City & San Andreas
Wild Arms 3
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance & Deception

Sega Dreamcast
Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage
Shenmue 1
Crazy Taxi

3DO
Way Of The Warrior

TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure

XBox
Halo 1&2
Shenmue 2

Nintendo GameCube
Zelda The Wind Waker
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

PC
Half-Life 1, Opposing Force, team Fortress Classic, Counter Strike
Blue Shift & 2
Final Fantasy 11
Heroes Of Might And Magic 3
War Craft 2&3
Age Of Empires 1&2
Leisure Suit Larry 1-7

well this is short list of some of my favorite games. my overall favorite game is Final Fantasy 7

and two Game's that i cant wait to get are Berserk For PS2 and Narc for PS2

Oh and any system from Handheld System's To Consoles just write down anything about
VIDEO GAMES that You would like to share. 8)

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
NES:
River City Ransom
Ninja Gaiden series
Mario 3

SNES:
Seikan Densetsu 3
FF6
Street Fighter II

Playstation:
MGS
Street Fighter Alpha3
Suikoden 1&2
FFT
Vagrant Story

PS2:
MGS3
ShadowHearts 1&2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Suikoden III (4 was a bit of a dissapointment)

XBox:
Ninja Gaiden
Halo
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload

PC:
Baldur's Gate series
Warcraft 3
Total Annihilation
C&C Red Alert
Civ 3

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
SNES
Chrono Cross
Super Metroid

PS1
Parasite Eve
Nightmare Creatures 2 (just for its style)

PS2
Drakengard (the sequel WILL be awesome)
Gungrave, Gungrave OD
Devil May Cry 1 and 3
probably Berserk, but I don't have it yet

GC
Resident Evil 4
Phantasy Star Online (I know it sucks but I'm an addict)

PC
Half Life 1 and 2
Counter Strike
Myth 1 and 2

I don't like the Final Fantasy Series, though I haven't played before number 7 (I hear those are better).
I'm trying to cut down on my gaming, but am having little success.

Well, I like all of the Final Fantasies I've played:

FF: 1,3,4,7,8,10,Tactics,Tactics Advanced.

NES:
Zelda

SNES:
Bahamut Lagoon
Front Mission
Live-a-Live
Tales of Phantasia

PS2:
Xenosaga (gonna get part 2 soon)
Kingdom Hearts
Front Mission 4
All of the GTAs

GBA:
Fire Emblem

PC:
Myth 2 (sooo damn hard!!!)
Soul Reaver
Ys 1 & 2 Eternal

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Well i guess they will always think of a new "Whats your favorite _____" thread. Do you people actually care when you ask?

Vaxillus

Damien said:
Do you people actually care when you ask?

It's a little more just for conversation purposes in my opinion. It's nice to see when someone likes similar games or whatever though. Speaking of which:

@ Void Swordsman:
Myth 2 isn't hard, just set it on the lowest difficulty, then you can beat without losing more than three troops ;D. It certainly is hard, but it's much more tactical.

Woland said:
XBox:
Ninja Gaiden
I still have not played it. and i know i really have to.
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Rise of Nations.
i have heard nothing but great things about this game. but sad to say i have not tried it yet.
Vaxillus said:
probably Berserk, but I don't have it yet
I keep telling myself the same thing lol ;D.
Vaxillus said:
I don't like the Final Fantasy Series, though I haven't played before number 7 (I hear those are better).
well i have to say that 7 is my favorite. and 10 & 10-2 are absolutely horrible. so forget those video game disasters lol. but as for pre-7 i would have to say try part 6 it really is fucking cool.
Void Swordsman said:
Well, I like all of the Final Fantasies I've played:

FF: 1,3,4,7,8,10,Tactics
oh hell yeah lol 8)
Void Swordsman said:
Tactics Advanced.
i have not played it. how is it? i destroyed the Play Station game. i have everyone at level 99 and all of the hidden charters.(yeah i was a hard core Final Fantasy addict)
Damien said:

Well i guess they will always think of a new "Whats your favorite _____" thread. Do you people actually care when you ask?
well think of this.. wait first let me answer your question.... Yes i would imagine so. think of it as word of mouth. such as Vampire_Hunter_Bob saying that he likes Rise Of Nations. i have never played it. so he is saying that he has played it and he enjoys it. just like i have on many occasions said that i love the GTA series or i loved playing Zelda on NES. someone else might give it a try and really enjoy it. or give it a try and dislike it. ok now back to what i was going to originally say. think of it like this. if someone asked you (hypothetically)"hey i really want to read a great manga, do you have any manga that you like to read or would suggest?" and then you told them yeah well i love Berserk. you might have just put another person on to something thats really cool 8).

Anyway back to the subject
DarthVenom said:
anything about
VIDEO GAMES that You would like to share. 8)

BiQ_

" ... "
Currently my favourites are for PS2:
Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou
Gradius V

...for earlier consoles there are certainly many favorites, but I'm tired and don't feel like typing that mcuh right now. Many of older favorites are SNES rpgs, that'll have to suffice. Yes, Chrono Trigger is definitely my all-time favorite video game ever.

Vaxillus said:
@ Void Swordsman:
Myth 2 isn't hard, just set it on the lowest difficulty, then you can beat without losing more than three troops  ;D.  It certainly is hard, but it's much more tactical.

Well, if I do that, I really feel like if i beat it, it's a hollow victory. Even the game agrees with me "And when you defeat countless hordes of mindless enemies, you will feel the sweet taste of victory in your mouth." I really just hate playing on easy difficulty, that's me.

Okay, Tactics Advanced is pretty good, but not that good. The Playstation game makes it look like a complete turd, seriously. Everything about PS tactics is at least 10x better than Tactics Advanced.

BTW: I forgot to mention Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories. Like Tactics Advanced, it is a complete turd when compared to the game on ps2.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Oltobaz said:
Why's that?

The storytelling was kinda bland, especially in developing characters.
The main character had no real personality. If Konami wants to go with Voice Actors, then they should give the protagonist one. He was the worst executed hero out of all the Suikodens.

Then there was just annoying things, such as the ships having really loose controls, and such a high encounter rate. And all the strategic battles were jokes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
(In order of chronology and consistency of play)

NES
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
WWF Wrestlemania Challenge
Burger Time

Gameboy
Tetris

SNES
Final Fantasy III
Rock n Roll Racing
Tetris Attack
Super Mario RPG
Super Metroid

Dreamcast
Soul Calibur
Ikaruga
Berserk

PS
Final Fantasy Tactics
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Xenogears

I haven't found anything on next-gen consoles I'd like to put as equating to any of the above titles. Not even Burger Time.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
It wasn't that bad...what about Ted's appearance, 150 years before the first Suikoden?
I'll admit the main character should have had a voice of his own, but he isn't all that bland,
he's a serious, focused character, ultimately a tragic character, he's not so different from the
main char in the first Suiko, actually...
There's a high encounter rate, no doubt, then again these encounters never last for too long, and
there's this "let go" option available after a while. Honestly, I'm not even sure the encounter rate is that much higher than in the other Suikos, I knowit really didn't bother me...
The ship controls are annoying, and the sea just doesn't look good. Admittedly, it's not the best looking RPG out there, but it's worth playing if you're into the series.
The sea battles could have been interesting, but there's this option which lets you almost skip them by allowing your crew to fight them out for you...
Compared to Suiko 3, the main story is really too short, but enjoyable, really...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
Great game, but lacks replay value.
If you say so. I can always start a new game and have fun. Ever try starting it with +25 luck ? It makes getting rare items early in the game much easier.

Vaxillus

It's still fun, but there's nothing else to find after you play it through once.  I would have liked a higher difficulty or something.  There is always playing as Richter, but it's not as fun.  I have to agree with you though, older games beat the crap out of most of the new crap.

Edit: it's Richter not Simon, doh...

Walter said:
(In order of chronology and consistency of play)

NES
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
WWF Wrestlemania Challenge
oh hell fucking yeah!
Walter said:
I haven't found anything on next-gen consoles I'd like to put as equating to any of the above titles. Not even Burger Time.
how about Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Or Wild Arms 3 both for the PS2? or Zelda the Wind Waker for GC?
GreatDoobieMan said:
does anyone remember Secret of Evermore? for SNES thats a good one
most definitely a good one. have you ever played Secret Of Mana?
redria said:
I like most FPS and RPG games. Sometimes fighting games.
like what? i think everyone has to say (since you mentioned FPS) that Doom 3 has some of the best graphics that are out there.

DarthVenom said:
i think everyone has to say (since you mentioned FPS) that Doom 3 has some of the best graphics that are out there.
True, but the game was too easy. Still, I like spawning a bunch of zombies and running through them with a chainsaw from time to time ;D

redria said:
True, but the game was too easy. Still, I like spawning a bunch of zombies and running through them with a chainsaw from time to time ;D
LOL that sounds fun. have you ever played any of the old Duke Nukem games?

Top Bottom