Random theories

I think Zodd wished to live until he found someone stronger than himself and in a sick twist of fate he was made immortal and will never meet anyone who can defeat him. he is beatable (if u cut both his arms off we wouldn't be able to pick them up to reattach) but just cant be killed which is how Guts could get past him to get Griff.

maybe SK was the previous god hand (joined -1080) and Voids wish (-864) was he would be the leader of godhand thus displacing SK n kicking him out or something to the effect of getting rid of the previous god hand which is why hes out to get Void?

Flora was there to pick SK up after he kicked out of god hand or more likely just had a chance meeting with him while he wore the berserk armour and saved him from it. OR SK joins god hand at -1080 then 80 years later -1000 SK has a rebirth ceremony Flora manages to mess it up and destroys the god hand making SK reborn as the skull knight and not as Gaiseric destroying the rest of the previous god hand in the process.

Ok the 2 SK/god hand things are abit out there and don't really fit in with whats known but a theory is there to be disproved

This bugs me more than anything else.. the berserk armour, when u 1st see it, it looks alot like SK but we know it forms itself to whoever wears it but its had an owner between SK and Guts (who could have been the middle person but made the armour keep SK appearance?) maybe the wearer died vs Zodd? he recognises the armour but i assume hes not old enough to have known SK when he was human and was able to wear it.

as for Ubik and Conrad as far as i can tell there is 1 red beherit and its passed between potential god hand members rather than there being multiple red beherits. so its possible it stayed in the family for 216 years hence why they look so similar.

There is the SK/void, Guts/Zodd rivalry... although guts wants revenge on Griff i think Caska has more reason to go out for it so when she regains her memory could it lead to a more intense rivalry? or will she know his rebirth was part of her and go all maternal and side with him? would lead to the series getting even darker.

I bet all 6 things will be hauged by the time i wake up lol

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
1) Zodd is no more than a particularly strong apostle who has strong regenerative powers. If you cut his head off and hacked it to pieces, he'd still die. Actually doing so is quite a problem. His 'immortal' nickname comes from the fact that, to your average soldier, or army thereof, he seems that way. I think you got his goals right though.

2) Skull Knight was likely, almost definately in fact, King Gaiseric. A previous God hand would likely not have anything to do with Guts, nor have had any reason to wear the Berserk armor.

3) Probably not.

4) There was no middle person. Skull Knight was the previous owner. He bled to death, but somehow lived on as whatever he is now. I'm not sure where this middle person idea came from, could you elaborate?

5) You're likely right about there only being 1 crimson Beherit. If there were more though, it wouldn't make that much difference. Conrad and Ubik don't look very similar to me (just the fat cheeks), and the crimson beherit disapears after every use, only to resurface much later. It would be hard to give the beherit to a relative during/after the eclipse.

6) Griffith only used the body. The spirit seems to live on as that moon child we saw in volume 28. Unless she regains her sanity, there would be no way for her to know this anyway (who could explain it?) and if she does regain her sanity, I doubt she'll ever trust/care for Griffith.

As for them being hauged (never heard that word before, but think I know what it means) forums are for posting. No harm in posting theories, even if everyone disagrees with them. Hope I didn't seem like I was bashing them or anything, I just don't agree with them ;). Also, welcome to the boards, if you haven't already been.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
zooty said:
I think Zodd wished to live until he found someone stronger than himself and in a sick twist of fate he was made immortal and will never meet anyone who can defeat him.

Well, the Falcon of Light defeated him quite easily.

zooty said:
maybe SK was the previous god hand

Unlikely. Lots of old threads discuss this.

zooty said:
Flora was there to pick SK up after he kicked out of god hand or more likely just had a chance meeting with him while he wore the berserk armour and saved him from it.

Doesn't make much sense as a God Hand member wouldn't need anything like the Berserk's armor, and as Flora wouldn't help such an evil being.

zooty said:
he recognises the armour but i assume hes not old enough to have known SK when he was human and was able to wear it.

Well, we don't know for sure how old Zodd is.

zooty said:
as for Ubik and Conrad [...] hence why they look so similar.

I don't think they look very similar.

Vaxillus said:
Zodd is no more than a particularly strong apostle who has strong regenerative powers.

We don't know much about Zodd, but his regenerative powers look apostle-average to me. The Count's were more impressive.

Vaxillus said:
Skull Knight was likely, almost definately in fact, King Gaiseric.

Emperor Gaiseric. ;)

Vaxillus said:
There was no middle person. Skull Knight was the previous owner. He bled to death, but somehow lived on as whatever he is now.

Well, we don't know that for sure, even if that's the most likely assumption we can make so far. Not saying I don't agree, but that's still "just" speculation, and can't be used to dismiss other theories. Now, a middle-man is very unlikely no matter what.

Vaxillus said:
You're likely right about there only being 1 crimson Beherit. [...] the crimson beherit disapears after every use, only to resurface much later.

Same, though that's what most people think, and the most probable hypothesis, nothing really proves it.

Vaxillus said:
Griffith only used the body. The spirit seems to live on as that moon child we saw in volume 28.

Now that's clearly speculation. There were quite a lot of references to the Demon Child and Griffith, how he felt things for Guts and Casca that he didn't expect, and how Casca felt for him in the same way. The Demon Child having been reincarnated into the "Mysterious Child" from the beach is just a theory.

Vaxillus said:
As for them being hauged (never heard that word before, but think I know what it means)

It's the misspelling of the word "hagued", that derivates from the name of Olivier Hagué, an old member here that was on the guru level of knowledge and that doesn't post anymore.

I have a question that's been plaguing me for quite a while now. Is Skull Knight a demon/apostle or does he just wear armor? What I mean to say is, is SK just a regular man wearing armor?

Belial

It could be Heaven, but disguised as Hell
Skull Knight is neither an apostle, nor an ordinary man. He has a flying horse for christ's sake. :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tell Me Why said:
Is Skull Knight a demon/apostle or does he just wear armor? What I mean to say is, is SK just a regular man wearing armor?

Well, Belial's answer is pretty much all there is to say. He's got glowing eyes, has lived for a thousand years, and eats beherits in a way that hardly allows any mistake about the fact that his "armor" is empty. Then he swallows his sword and take it out covered with melted beherits.

He's the mystery man. ;)

zooty said:
I think Zodd wished to live until he found someone stronger than himself and in a sick twist of fate he was made immortal and will never meet anyone who can defeat him.

He's an apostle, meaning he is not human. Humans are mortals, apostles are not. That's it. Apostles can't die.

Tell Me Why said:
I have a question that's been plaguing me for quite a while now. Is Skull Knight a demon/apostle or does he just wear armor? What I mean to say is, is SK just a regular man wearing armor?

Sorry for not talking about this on another thread, but this is what I think: Maybe skullknight died with the berserker armor, or some other way. Then, maybe flora encased his soul into the armor he is wearing right now, explaining how he is hollow inside.

S

Sanguinius

Apostles can't die what about the Count and all the others that Guts alone has killed.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sanguinius said:
Apostles can't die what about the Count and all the others that Guts alone has killed.

I think he meant that they can't die of old age. Now we don't know that for sure, but that's probable.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Aazealh said:
Well, the Falcon of Light defeated him quite easily.

So was Zodd looking for serve the Ultimate Strong One, or do Godhandly beings not count?

Well, we don't know for sure how old Zodd is.

Well he recognized the Berserk's Armor, so would make him older than previously thought, unless SK donned it only 300 years ago, but that would mean he was walking the Earth as a human for around 700 years, which would mean he had some form of agelessness, which hasn't been adressed in the branded (assuming he was). Though he's to mysterious to really get a good appraisal of him. So more crazy speculating it is.

We don't know much about Zodd, but his regenerative powers look apostle-average to me. The Count's were more impressive.

Zodd's regeneration seems more like pure utilitarian powers to me, just enough so that he can always enter battles at full power, rather than heal in the middle of them like the Count. Zodd seems to me like some one who would consider that cheating.

This is my theory on SkullKnight,

first off, in the beginning he was the Emperor/King that ruled over Midland, but then GodHand over threw him, and took his land/ country from him, and now whatever he is, no idea how he became it, he is pissed off at godhand for what they have done to him and that is why he seems to help guts on several osscaions, though I havnt read much of the manga at all, so I guess I really cant give a good theory on it, but thats how I see him, also I see him more as some undead king/knight that is seeking revenge, instead of an apostle or something.

Zelz said:
This is my theory on SkullKnight,

first off, in the beginning he was the Emperor/King that ruled over Midland, but then GodHand over threw him, and took his land/ country from him, and now whatever he is, no idea how he became it, he is pissed off at godhand for what they have done to him and that is why he seems to help guts on several osscaions, though I haven't read much of the manga at all, so I guess I really cant give a good theory on it, but thats how I see him, also I see him more as some undead king/knight that is seeking revenge, instead of an apostle or something.

You have almost covered what we know until now... Except the fact he have a witch as a friend and he seem to battle apostle or even Godhand with the berserker Armour...

However we still have no concrete prove that he IS the emperor Gaiseric... But Slann remark have raised that chance to 99.9%... with 0.01% being some emperor we have not heard off (most likely absurd)...

As for Zodd on his regeneration power... I guess he seem to regenerate like other apostle do... Save for the fact that there is no way another could easily chop his head off and hacked it to pieces... Thus getting him would be a problem...

Btw am i right to assume that Zodd seem oblivious of Gut cannon in his mechanical arm? If that the case that would be likely be the downfall of Zodd...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
However we still have no concrete prove that he IS the emperor Gaiseric...

There's not a lot of coherent alternatives though.

Smith said:
Btw am i right to assume that Zodd seem oblivious of Gut cannon in his mechanical arm? If that the case that would be likely be the downfall of Zodd...

Well, he was there when Guts blew up Grunberd's shield, so I guess he would have noticed it (would be hard not to, given Grunberd's loud exclamation). Anyway, even if he were unaware of it, I wouldn't be so sure of the cannon causing his "downfall", as his reflexes are extraordinary.

Z

ZeroGraveVII

My own theories.

1) I think that Zodd greatest dream, its not to look for the ultimate one.
But Instead finding someone who could kill him. Someone greater and stronger than him. Since, he is tired of his existence. Since, most characters that cannot die, get tired of living and sick death, in one way or another. That is way, Zodd keeps looking over Guts because he truly believes he can be the one to kill him. That is why, he keeps on fighting him, making sure that his skills keep improving. That is why, he saved guts butt several times. Since, he knows guts will be the one to end everything.
That is why, he works with Griffith not because he was defeated but because he knows, that working with Griff he can encourage Guts to improve and become stronger.

2) I really, think guts will use the beherit. Since, there will be a point when not even the SkullKnight will be able to help him. If guts does actually activate it. It most likely sacrifice, not one of his friends but his own anger and fear. It would be funny, once he does he becomes the falcon of light.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ZeroGraveVII said:
If guts does actually activate it. It most likely sacrifice, not one of his friends but his own anger and fear.

Uhh no, that's very unlikely.

ZeroGraveVII said:
It would be funny, once he does he becomes the falcon of light.

Griffith is the Falcon of Light so I don't see how that would be possible. Nor how that would be funny.

Top Bottom