Has anyone wondered about the Elemental Axe?

SlimJ87D

Apollo
I always wondered what kind of powers that Axe had, the one Guts refused, don't you guys? Imagine what kinda powers it could have had. The Drgaon SLayer still is tight too though, it has its own powers since all that crap it went though with Grunbeld proved it's no ordinary slab of Iron.

Valtial

"Perhaps one day I will be able to Destroy them"
Exactly the dragonslayer has power from slicing threw hundreds of monsters, it’s prolly the only weapon at his disposal that could actually make his dream come true

I

Italian_demon

SlimJ87D said:
I always wondered what kind of powers that Axe had, the one Guts refused, don't you guys? Imagine what kinda powers it could have had. The Drgaon SLayer still is tight too though, it has its own powers since all that crap it went though with Grunbeld proved it's no ordinary slab of Iron.

Flora said it clearly:
This weapon in the time got specialized in cutting throught Devils and Apostles.....
So which weapon could be better to accomplish his Task?

;)

It would have been interesting to see what the Axe was capable of.
The dragonslayer was probably a better choice to go with as he points out that he is more familiar with it, but it was still foolish of him to turn it down before even seeing what it could really do.

A pity Schierke didn't offer him something like magic throwing knives, arrows or something along those lines.

Sparnage said:
It would have been interesting to see what the Axe was capable of.
The dragonslayer was probably a better choice to go with as he points out that he is more familiar with it, but it was still foolish of him to turn it down before even seeing what it could really do.

A pity Schierke didn't offer him something like magic throwing knives, arrows or something along those lines.

I doupt he could also take the axe since he is allredy loaded enough...only if he left his Dragonslayer
Besides Guts clearly said that he trusts better what he allready knows...and since it works why change?
Getting that axe wouldn't fit with his scope

But I am curious if the axe still exists...I mean after the house was burned we don't know what happened
The axe could still lie over there or be taken by another apostle...perhaps one day we will see it again  ;D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
xechnao said:
I doupt he could also take the axe since he is allredy loaded enough...
I don't see how alcohol consumption has anything to deal with this, but how are you sure he is loaded? LOL. ;D
He seemed sober to me. ;D

Sorry, I had to. :-[

I do like that he never has taken the Dragon Slayer for granted. :)

Considering what the other elemental weapons do i imagine the only power the Axe would have is probably throwing chunks of earth at monsters, making earthquakes, tearing holes in the earth.. etc.. nothing that i would believe to be all that cool or even all that amazingly powerfull. Sure it could help but i think id rather see Guts slice down about 5 monsters with one swing then him hitting the ground and it opening up and swallowing them lol.

Also im sure the DragonSlayer has a sentamental value to Guts being as Godo made it and Godo is now dead...least i might think imo.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
but it was still foolish of him to turn it down before even seeing what it could really do.
Yes, really foolish. That Earth Axe would have gone through Slan like BUTTER.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I never really cared what the earth axe was like. I would die the day Guts stopped using a sword. Instead, why couldnt they get a miniture one and give it to Puck, as Puck would then have an "upgraded" bloody needle?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:
Instead, why couldnt they get a miniture one and give it to Puck, as Puck would then have an "upgraded" bloody needle?

What's the use of posting that ? Do you seriously think Puck would benefit from getting a magical weapon ? He's using chestnut burrs because he's designed from a chestnut himself, that's why it's funny...

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Aazealh said:
What's the use of posting that ?

My point was that an axe is not Guts' type of weapon.

Do you seriously think Puck would benefit from getting a magical weapon ? He's using chestnut burrs because he's designed from a chestnut himself, that's why it's funny...

You actully took that seriously? I only said that because when Shirke was handing out magical weapons, Puck complained in the end that he did not have one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:
My point was that an axe is not Guts' type of weapon.

Well, it's not Puck's either ::). Thanks for clarifying it though, it's not like it's obvious after all, Guts has only been using swords since he was like 3 years old up to now.

DemonX said:
You actully took that seriously?

Yeah well, you say so much shit you know, it's hard to make the difference. And your tone was pretty much "serious", so...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, there's a growing trend of unfunny sarcasm. Just because you're not being serious does not immediately invite comedy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Denial said:
Just for clarification -- Those spark-stick things that Puck has are chestnut burrs? Is this stated explicitly anywhere?

Yes they are, isn't it obvious?

I can't remember if it's precisely stated somewhere in the manga right now (I think so though), but just by the look, you can easily tell (and it's called like that by virtually everybody, in the brand new official Berserk PS2 game guide for example). Have you ever seen a chestnut burr? Well it looks just the same.

And Puck makes constant allusions to chestnuts (eg. like being born from a chestnut, or in the last episode, he's got a synonym of chestnut written on his head, that kind of things happens in almost every episode in fact), he's himself actually designed from it, both in his "normal" form (ever noticed his hair style?) and "Kuri" (chestnut ::)) form. There's really no doubt at all, it's impossible to be mistaken about it.

Mighty_Thruster

Gotta kill them all !
Maybe he didn't take it because he always trained whith a Two Hand sword !!! Remember while while Griffith is made Knight by the king ! Guts is training !
Moreover the DragonSlayer is a symbol of Guts rebirth ! Forged by Godo this sword is the symbol of his vengeance. Maybe also it's because the first apostle he killed was with this weapon. :) :) :) :) :)

Don't care about my grammar I'm french !

Mighty_Thruster said:
Moreover the DragonSlayer is a symbol of Guts rebirth ! Forged by Godo this sword is the symbol of his vengeance.

I don't really agree with that idea, since Godo is the one that helped Guts understand that vengeance wasn't everything. That by only seeking revenge, he almost destroyed the dearest thing to him (Casca)!

That's why I wouldn't say it's a symbol of vengeance! To be more pragmatic, I think he is used to it, that's it. As for the Axe, he could have used it with his 2 hands, I guess! ;)

Mighty_Thruster

Gotta kill them all !
If vengeance not everything why is continuing destroying the apostles ? First isn't because of the apostles and Griffith that Casca has gone insane ?
Nope I think Guts is attached to this sword that's all !
What's the point saying :

As for the Axe, he could have used it with his 2 hands, I guess!

It's not because it's a two hand weapon that it's the same as the DragonSlayer !

Top Bottom