Gets new hand gets new hand
fights in medievl times fights in medival times
gets girl back gets girl back
rides horse rides and kills horse
Gets bitten alot bites things alot
worked with an army worked with an army
turns evil more than once still working on evil part
All his friends die All his friends die

Now if you ask me who would win in a fight...it would be tough to call, since both have their strengths...but i think Gutts would end up eating Ash's chainsaw(ne, Greywords?) and slicing him in two.

Now what do you, the people aat home think?

BOB

poruno sutâ
Get a life Marcus.

http://members.aol.com/roysteeth/edindex.html

The first two movies are indeed ranking very high in my horror hall of fame which goes like that:

1. Hellbound
2. Braindead
3. texas chainsaw massacre
4. Evil Dead/Evil dead 2
5. Dawn of the dead

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
Ash's girl was never raped it was the typical female friend who goes hysterical and runs off and you know thats the end of her

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
He had sex with her. I think thats more than a friend. Well, then again, we ARE talking about ASH here ;D

Whats strange about all this, is me and Cronus just finished watching Army of Darkness on DVD just a few days ago and were thinking about the same parallels. THe most striking to me is Ash's attitude towards the Dedites: An exact replica of how Guts faces demons and ghosts. Normal humans cant fight them, or arent willing. That and the arm thing really set me off... I wonder if Miura knew about the movie? Hed probably be either flattered or really pissed off.

M

Marcus

Oh.. I remember that movie although I saw it 5 years ago... He's a pretty funny guy when he's defending the castle against all the skeleton hordes. :p

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
...but i think Gutts would end up eating Ash's chainsaw(ne, Greywords?) and slicing him in two.

I'll agree with the slicing part. But I think anyone who bites a running chainsaw will need some serious dental work afterward.

Then again... if he can stop a swinging sword with his teeth... maybe it won't be so bad.

Oh wait... Guts didn't stop a swinging sword with his teeth... that was Wild o_O; Oh well, I guess pliers are a close second...

M

Marcus

Stopping a sword with your teeth is nothing compared to picking up your sword with them and swinging the sword with only a little help of your metalic arm ;)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Ok here it is.  Get ready:

GUTTS VS. ASH

ASH                                                                   GUTTS
1 syllable name                                       1 syllable name
Chopped own right hand                Chopped off own left hand
Fights undead and demons                      Fights demons
Gets girl, girl gets raped                g      ets girl, girl gets raped
Uses chainsaw and gun                    Uses sword and cannon
Bad attitude                                         Worse attitude
No happy ending                               Even worse ending
Goes thru costume change          gets costume change
Gets new hand                                 gets new hand
fights in medievl times                    fights in medival times
gets girl back                                        gets girl back
rides horse                                         rides and kills horse
Gets bitten alot                                   bites things alot
worked with an army                      worked with an army
turns evil more than once           still working on evil part
All his friends die                            All his friends die

Now if you ask me who would win in a fight...it would be tough to call, since both have their strengths...but i think Gutts would end up eating Ash's chainsaw(ne, Greywords?) and slicing him in two.

Now what do you, the people aat home think?

you forgot one thing about ash he bit that one skeleton's hand [or was it a zombie i can't remember].

Gutts_of_Darkness

Hail to the king, baby!
He had sex with her. I think thats more than a friend. Well, then again, we ARE talking about ASH here ;D

Well, I said he got the girl, did the girl, lost the girl to his worst enemy, and the enemy raped her.

In Gutts' case, his girl didn't get possessed by evil(or did she? :/) only went horribly catatonic.

THe most striking to me is Ash's attitude towards the Dedites: An exact replica of how Guts faces demons and ghosts. Normal humans cant fight them, or arent willing.

Ahhh, you're right. And also when it comes to killing every singe deadite or demon in the room, they are the best at what they do....otherwise, they are pretty much lost.

That and the arm thing really set me off... I wonder if Miura knew about the movie? Hed probably be either flattered or really pissed off.

I think Army of Darkness came out way before Berserk started (correct me if I'm worng on that one), so it is possible to assume he based the character of Gutts on Ash. Not likely, but it is fesible.

BOB

poruno sutâ
Evil dead 2 was released in 1987 and though it still takes place in the little hut, the end sequence already shows what the next film is gonna be like.
Also with the Void characters Conrad and Ubik it becomes obvious that Miura likes Horror Movies as they very much resemble Cenobites from the Hellraiser Movies and that apostle that hugs Corkus so nicely looks very much like an alien queen i think

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
Evil dead 2 was released in 1987

On an unrelated note, it was not really fun playing Resident Evil 2 on Feburary 26 2001 if I remember correctly.  Because in the game, it says the world is supposed to be taken over by monsters on the same date, and you should see cloudy skies and zombies outside on Quebec City tourist area-looking towns.........but when I looked out the window it was sunny bright and the leaves are growing out from the trees.

Top Bottom