A thing that's always bothered me about Skullknight.

I know this is a newbish question but .. is Skullknight a normal man in skull armor or is he actually dead and just surviving through that form? Also, is he an Apostle?

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Tell Me Why said:
I know this is a newbish question but .. is Skullknight a normal man in skull armor or is he actually dead and just surviving through that form? Also, is he an Apostle?
Well, this has been talked about frequently in previous threads, I'll post links if I get to it in the morning.

First, Guts' brand does not bleed around him, so we know he is not an apostle. Second, we know that he was the previous owner of the berserk armor, and as such Scheirke had said the previous owner died in the armor. Third, when the Skull Knight eats a Beherit hollow sound effects are given, so we know he is hollow inside. So it would seem most likely to be a dead man living through this form.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
First, Guts' brand does not bleed around him, so we know he is not an apostle.

Guts also comments about the Brand reacting differently to SK than to the apostles. You can add to this that Puck says SK has an elfin aura. Then there's his appearance, actions, stance toward the God Hand and apostles, etc. He's definitely not an apostle.

Headless Death said:
Second, we know that he was the previous owner of the berserk armor, and as such Schierke had said the previous owner died in the armor.

That part isn't very clear for now though. SK said that he wore the armor a long time ago, and in the panel where Schierke says that the previous owner died there's a shadowy figure that resembles him a lot. The armor also looks like him when Guts first uses it. It all points to him, but for now it's hard to guess what exactly happened and how.

Headless Death said:
Third, when the Skull Knight eats a Beherit hollow sound effects are given, so we know he is hollow inside.  So it would seem most likely to be a dead man living through this form.

Yeah, and his "helm" (skull) pretty much acts like it was his real head so... Not to forget his glowing eyes or the Yobimizu no Tsurugi (beherit-sword); he just can't be a simple human. So in conclusion, we know that he's not an apostle nor a mere human, but we don't know what he really is for sure, and can only speculate about it.

My speculation on this one is that he is a spirit or aura of some kind that has taken over a peice of armor. Kind of like in Full Metal Alchemist. I have no facts to back it up really, except for what was said about being hollow and a weird aura. Just my opinion till we find out ;D

Hideo

Its not my fault, its a hardware problem.
I have read in here that the SK is over 1000 years old, so he definitely isn't a mere man. He is probably animating something, some kind of armor (really? No Shit). Its motives, well, they are clouded at the moment. But he (supposedly) knows something that we don't, something that Guts will do, or something.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hideo said:
I have read in here that the SK is over 1000 years old, so he definitely isn't a mere man. He is probably animating something, some kind of armor (really? No Shit). Its motives, well, they are clouded at the moment. But he (supposedly) knows something that we don't, something that Guts will do, or something.
There's just a bit more to it than that. I'd suggest reading further into the manga before pointing fingers as speculations.

Hideo

Its not my fault, its a hardware problem.
Yup, I should. But as far as I know SK opposes Godhand, but something prevents him of killing them. But I should just probably shut the hell up, as the misters ask...

Top Bottom