BERSERK emoticons!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
deathbybears said:
I'm really impressed with the :azan: emoticon. Could you give me an example situation for when it could be used?
I'm extremely disappointed that I have to spell out its proper usage :azan:

Walter said:
Another new one premiered in the 301 thread today: :griffnotevil:

When I first saw it, an image of the powerpuff girls came to my mind for some reason. The eyes maybe? The overall innocence?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
I'm still trying to figure out a situation in which to use that one, for some reason I just wanna rip his little eyes out. :azan:
It's really not that hard...

This is how I see them. Only a few of them have universal uses. Most have contextual application. I didn't want the smilies to just be generic :) type shit. I wanted them all to have a function for specific types of responses.

:serpico: Cheesy smile
:guts: Relaxed smile
:ganishka: Laughing with/at you
:void: Cackling at you
:griff: Stare down
:azan: Disapproval/Disappointment
:miura: Righteous Indignation
:puck: Disapproval/Disappointment with a flavor of Puck . Could also feasibly be "defiance."
:judo: Boo-hoo, Jodo he is died.
:griffnotevil: "I'm innocent!"/"Who, me? "
:zodd: Rising anger/Flash of violence
:beast: Delicious/tasty
:carcus: "Yeah, baby/How YOU doin?"/"If you know what I mean, and I think ya do."
:SK: Official Skull Knight.NET emoticon
:casca: "Smoochies, my dear Walther" ----<<@
:schierke: "Yeah, right.... Great idea..."
:isidro: "HO-HOLY SHIT! "
:badbone: "I'm too cool for school."
:???: "Wait, so ... Griffith = Femto and ... Femto = Griffith Reincarnated?"
:troll: "At least it was a pitbull!"
:daiba: "You talkin to me...? Hm...? I said, are you talkin to me? HUNH?!"
:idea: "Somewhere, deeper in the Abyss...perhaps..." :idea:
:chomp: RAWR

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Another new one premiered today in the World Economy thread.

It's sad, young Guts  :sad: Poor kid just can't catch a break!

This is just meant for a sad moment, but with no full blown tears attached like with our weepy little Judo.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ramen4ever said:
Pretty cool stuff. Slan would make for a pretty good "wink" "giggle" or just a general "seduce" emotio.

For all those times I've tried to seduce you right, ramen.
Guess I'll settle with
:griff: " I want you, Ramen."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Updated Schierke's look a bit. Now it's more clear that she's rolling her eyes in annoyance rather than in curiousness. Fixed her hair too.

schierke2.gif
vs :schierke:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
The only thing I'm not big on is that the eyes now roll across the bottom instead of the top. I can see this makes it easier to see the eyes what with the furrowed brow, but it will take a little getting used to on my part. Good work overall though!

Oh, and with her increased anger I think it will be harder to use it in sarcastic situations.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well then let's let the people decide:

schierke2.gif
vs
newschierke3.gif

My vote is #2 here. But Goldilocks said #2 is too angry. And another Goldilocks in the post above mine says #3 is too stoned. What would make this one juuuuuuust right?

Walter said:
Well then let's let the people decide:

schierke2.gif
vs
newschierke3.gif

My vote is #2 here. But Goldilocks said #2 is too angry. And another Goldilocks in the post above mine says #3 is too stoned. What would make this one juuuuuuust right?

I vote no.1 or at least keeping the big round eyes. Maybe eyes of 1 with the mouth of 2/3 ??

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
schierke3.gif
I'm not a fan. It still looks too quizzical, and not sarcastic/annoyed, which is what I was trying to accomplish.

People will see this and use it when they're wondering about something, as they have in the past.

PS: You're the kind of guy who likes expansions, but not sequels, right? :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I'm gonna test out the present schierke in the drinking thread.
Yeah, you used it wrong.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=7916.msg161506#msg161506

Correct usage ---^

Walter said:
Yeah, you used it wrongly.

Hey it's what the face looks like. Even if you stamp "sarcastic" on the forehead.
It will still remind me of "I feel like I'm gonna hurl" :schierke:
Imo, the present Schierke is making a face like what you'd expect to see when you offer hard liquor to a person with a brutal hang over.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
Hey it's what the face looks like.

Nope.

Ramen4ever said:
Even if you stamp "sarcastic" on the forehead.
It will still remind me of "I feel like I'm gonna hurl" :schierke:
Imo, the present Schierke is making a face like what you'd expect to see when you offer hard liquor to a person with a brutal hang over.

I'm afraid that's a problem on your side.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Bear with me here cuz I'm just trying to picture this in my head but how bout keeping number 2's eyes but with a flat mouth? You know just a straight line, that or a slightly open one that makes her seem like she's sighing.

Other than that the new one doesn't look stoned... if anything the eyes are a little drowsy looking, but it gets the job done.

Top Bottom