BERSERK emoticons!

I see the emoticon order has also been rearranged. I admit, I like it this way.
Great work as always. And I look forward to seeing the next emoticon.

I would predict that it's Ivalera in her love detector form, right?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I would predict that it's Ivalera in her love detector form, right?
Nope. She's the one I abandoned because she sucks.

ivalera1.gif
ivalera2.gif
ivalera3.gif
ivalera4.gif
ivalera5.gif
  See? Look on my SHAME. Her curvy features are very difficult to render in pixel form.

She was going to be a ":p" emoticon

Walter said:
Nope. She's the one I abandoned because she sucks.

ivalera1.gif
ivalera2.gif
ivalera3.gif
ivalera4.gif
ivalera5.gif
See? Look on my SHAME. Her curvy features are very difficult to render in pixel form.

That still must of taken quite a lot of work. It's really too bad. I would predict something obvious like a giggling Slan or Farnese but no. I predict that without Ivalera, the only option is a seasick Magnifico. :guts:

Edit* the first one looks the best.. apart from color. The last one REALLY reminds me of the Great Faery (sp) from the n64 Zelda games.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ramen4ever said:
I would predict something obvious like a giggling Slan or Farnese
I wouldn't call that much of a prediction, since I've already said Slan is going to be one in the future.

Walter said:
I wouldn't call that much of a prediction, since I've already said Slan is going to be one in the future.

I didn't realize that. Hope it turns out the way you want.

A further comment about Ivalera...
Maybe the problem is that it's too pink. I thought her skin was supposed to be a normal color and only her hair, coverings and wings were pink or had a pink tint. the contrast might give the emoticon a more normal look.
Here's a really quick edit to show what I mean.
Original:
Edit:
Original:
Edit:

Or maybe I just made her look more like a ganguro. >_<

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate the effort in recoloring it, but it's really not the color that's the problem here, and anyway that's something that would be tweaked later in the process. These were drafts to finalize the facial structure and form. And it's the face, the hair, the shape that are bogus here. Nothing really resembles her in the least. And anyway, as I said I've abandoned it. Didn't like the direction it was headed.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Man you guys always come up with the most gracious comments. It's awesome, Grail, as you already know. It also brings a more sophisticated look to our entourage of emoticons.

Plus I never thought I'd call 25 pixels of anything "hot."

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
handsome rakshas said:
Great job Grail, she's cute!

But of course this is my new favorite. :rakshas:
That's splendid work Aaz!
I can tell that Aaz gave it a predator-ish type feel to it since it is one of his favorite movies. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
:azan: :SK: :badtothebone: :sad: :griffnotevil2: :schierke: :mozgus: :schnoz: :Rakshas: :slan:

Here's the whole gang added to the lineup this month. There MAY be one more, but it's iffy at this point.

Azan and Schnoz I nailed on the first try. They just had small tweaks. The rest.... all spawned such a mess they made enough for an island of misfit emoticons.

mozdraft1.gif
mozdraft2.gif
mozdraft3.gif
mozdraft4.gif
mozdraft5.gif
mozdraft6.gif
mozdraft7.gif
mozdraft8.gif
mozdraft9.gif
mozdraft10.gif
mozdraft11.gif
mozani.gif
mozaninew2.gif
mozgus.gif
mozgus2.gif
mozgus3.gif
mozgus4.gif
mozgus5.gif
mozgus6.gif
mozgus7.gif

gutssad.gif
gutssad2.gif
gutssad3.gif
gutssad4.gif
gutssad5.gif

griffisntevilatall.gif
griffisntevilatall2.gif
griffisntevilatal3l.gif
griffisntevilatall4.gif
griffisntevilatall5.gif
griffisntevilatall6.gif

newschierke.gif
newschierke2.gif
newschierke3.gif

Rhombaad said:
Rakshas and Slan look great. Nice work, Aaz and Grail!
You got something against Schnoz? ... :sad:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, I hadn't realized how many had been added in just one month until I saw them all in a row. Impressive! :badbone: It'll be hard to pick favorites.

Anyway, thanks for all the positive feedback, guys. I had a lot of fun working on Slan and her sexy shoulder, and I'm glad to be able to contribute to the board!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think I have congratulated you yet Grail, so let me tell you that you did a fantastic job on Slan. It's just amazing, and it was a much needed emoticon.

handsome rakshas said:
But of course this is my new favorite. :rakshas:
That's splendid work Aaz!

Hehe, thanks man. Out of all our members, you ought to be the one that digs it the most, and as a result your opinion also matters the most. Glad you like it. :rakshas: And thanks to the others for their kind words as well.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I can tell that Aaz gave it a predator-ish type feel to it since it is one of his favorite movies. :carcus:

Honestly, I didn't intend to give it a Predator-like look, but then again it might have subconsciously influenced the way I picture Rakshas appearing out of the shadows. Here are the scenes that inspired me:

Rakshas-surprise.jpg
Rakshas-surprise2.jpg

:slan: To offer criticism tersely, she looks a little too much like Ryoko from Tenchi for my tastes.

Rakshas is incredible. Now we just need Silat, sonia, the tapasa, irvine, locus, godo, grunbeld, magnifico and roderick :carcus:
Oh and in all seriousness if he could be captured correctly an adon emoticon could represent something not already covered by the other emoticons imo.

Edit: Ok I somehow missed the entire 6th page of this thread. Sorry :(

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Jaze1618 said:
:slan: Is this new?
Look for Walter's last post and the answer you seek is in there.

To offer criticism tersely, she looks a little too much like Ryoko from Tenchi for my tastes.
I can see the similarities between her and Rydia. I just don't see any similarities between the Slan emoticon and Ryoko.

Top Bottom