A new weapon for Guts?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
egg of the king said:
Seriously thoough, couldnt you see this being useful and not in the least superfluous, especially when Guts is wearing the Berserk armor?

I don't think it's likely to happen, honestly.

egg of the king said:
He has tried to bind the sword to him on two occasions

That was because he couldn't hold it properly otherwise at the time.

egg of the king said:
on numerous others his loss of the sword

He usually doesn't let go of his sword very easily. I'm not sure "numerous" is the appropriate term here.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
egg of the king said:
Well it's all rather dubious--by virtue of being speculative. Yet, I think this nonetheless because Miura maintains that Guts will remain human. Now, "humanity" can be construed various ways, I know. Just throwing the possibility out there.
Well, what did you have in mind for the Berserk's Armor protection?

DOG03%20MASSIVE%20COLLAR.jpg

Back you Beast! HEEL!!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Just to be nit picky, the only thing that makes a bastard sword a bastard sword is it's length. It is halfway through a one handed sword and a two hander, and can be wielded either way. Hence, it is the 'bastard child' of a one handed sword and a two handed sword. Spikes have nothing to do with it.

Perhap like trashcan said, a rapid reload of his cannonwould look cool, if the cannon could be upgraded in the first place...

I will be going for learning few magic tricks from King Hanafubuku, most likely those defensive kind to save himself from enemies' deadly spells. What i speculate is that he get a kinda of ward or item that permanently shield him from deadly magic, not eliminating but rather significantly reducing the effect of offensive spells.

Explosive throwing knives will be nice too :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Perhap like trashcan said, a rapid reload of his cannonwould look cool, if the cannon could be upgraded in the first place...

Rockman.gif
RockZodd.gif

Smith said:
those defensive kind to save himself from enemies' deadly spells. What i speculate is that he get a kinda of ward or item that permanently shield him from deadly magic, not eliminating but rather significantly reducing the effect of offensive spells.

What are you talking about, Smith? Deadly spells? Sounds like you took that out of a D&D instruction booklet. :schierke:

Smith said:
Explosive throwing knives will be nice too

Yeah, since throwing knives and mini-grenades aren't effective on their own... :schierke:

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
Aazealh said:
I don't think it's likely to happen, honestly.

I don't think it's likely either, but I thought it was a neat idea :guts:
Also, about "numerous times"--you're right, not the best word.

Walter said:
Well, what did you have in mind for the Berserk's Armor protection?

Well, I guess that the elf-king could perhaps give Guts some sort of magical salve to put on his body before donning the armor. I don't know, just a thought...it might prevent Guts from losing his senses, breaking bones, etc--hopefully, without Guts losing too much crazy fighting ability, but I guess he's have to lose a bit since the armor makes it so he can't really feel or care about the damage he's doing to his own body.

CnC

Ad Oculos
egg of the king said:
Well, I guess that the elf-king could perhaps give Guts some sort of magical salve to put on his body before donning the armor. I don't know, just a thought...it might prevent Guts from losing his senses, breaking bones, etc--hopefully, without Guts losing too much crazy fighting ability, but I guess he's have to lose a bit since the armor makes it so he can't really feel or care about the damage he's doing to his own body.

taking the "berserk" out of the "berserk armor"? Thats no fun...

Aazealh said:

hilarious... :guts:

Aazealh said:

Haha... I hope you don't get mistaken Aaz, what i mean was faster reload of cannon or the capacity to store more cannon balls... Think of it as his rapid crossbow, conventional one can only hitch one bolt and shoot one at a time, his one can pack a whole dozen (or even more, never count how much) into it and shoot it like a machine gun... So if his crossbow work, why not his cannon?

Cmon he is facing stronger enemies now, he cant be always getting himeself engulf by the beast to defeat his enemies

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Haha... I hope you don't get mistaken Aaz, what i mean was faster reload of cannon or the capacity to store more cannon balls... Think of it as his rapid crossbow

Yeah, well I think my example above is suitable.

Smith said:
So if his crossbow work, why not his cannon?

Why not indeed! I still think my example isn't far-fetched though, maybe his cannon ammunition will become plasma in Elfhelm? More effective against his enemies, and he wouldn't need to get close to them anymore... Less danger too.

Smith said:
Cmon he is facing stronger enemies now, he cant be always getting himeself engulf by the beast to defeat his enemies

Right, he'd better get his arm replaced by a battery of SAM (Now what you say, Rochine?!), hell I'm surprised he didn't get one already. What is Miura thinking?

RockBeast.gif
"Entrust yourself to me..."
RockArmor.gif
"Argh! Can't control.. armor!!"
RockPishacha.gif

RockBeast02.gif
"Grrr... We will meet again!"
RockArmor02.gif
"NOOO!! I won't give in to you, BEGONE!!"
"Cannon-time, bastards!!"
RockPower.gif
RockApostle01.gif
RockApostle02.gif
RockApostle03.gif
"OH NOES!!1!"

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
BobCheese said:
The elf king restoring his arm? No way. Elves can heal wounds, not just make limbs pop back.

And you know this for sure how? :troll:

Just saying... the Elf King may have a few things under his sleeve!

but as for a new weapon? Hmmmm...... I dont really see a use for a new weapon unless a situation comes that cannot be defeated by normal means, and by normal means I mean cant be cut by Gut's as he goes into a fit of retard rage and going into "beast" mode and chopping the fucker in half.

Although they have aid with magic from Shreike and Serpico's magic feather of doom.

So they should be good.

Not saying it wont happen, it just unlikely.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
He could always get the Dragon Slayer turned into a 'gunblade.' That way, he could cut stuff in half, and then it would EXPLODE! :troll:

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
I think Guts needs is a healing factor like Wolverine or better yet a special enchantment from his missing eye that could kill a member of the God hand (like a last resort weapon) but hey having these powers might take away Guts specialty for being human.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xbigvmanx said:
I think Guts needs is a healing factor like Wolverine or better yet a special enchantment from his missing eye that could kill a member of the God hand (like a last resort weapon) but hey having these powers might take away Guts specialty for being human.

I think the problem is that these powers just aren't interesting at all in the context of Berserk. Guts' fights have suspense because he gets wounded, and he already has elves assisting him that can heal almost everything. As for a magical eye that could kill a God Hand member, isn't that too easy and totally out of context as well? They're supposed to be superpowerful entities, but an enchantment on his missing eye would be enough? I just don't see it as pertinent from a story-telling point of view.

Like you said, the "human struggling against all odds" part of the story shouldn't be taken away by an overpowering addition to Guts' arsenal.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Aazealh said:
I think the problem is that these powers just aren't interesting at all in the context of Berserk. Guts' fights have suspense because he gets wounded, and he already has elves assisting him that can heal almost everything. As for a magical eye that could kill a God Hand member, isn't that too easy and totally out of context as well? They're supposed to be superpowerful entities, but an enchantment on his missing eye would be enough? I just don't see it as pertinent from a story-telling point of view. Like you said, the human struggling against all odds part of the story shouldn't be taken away.

Well hows about the DS finally showing an undiscovered power? I was thinking something similar to Inuyasha Tetsaiga where it's capable of taking out an army but in this case it gets its energy from feeding the blood and souls of the apostles. It was able to wound Slann or take her out temporarily and I hope Miura explores what the DS has become.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xbigvmanx said:
Well hows about the DS finally showing an undiscovered power? It was able to wound Slann or take her out temporarily and I hope Miura explores what the DS has become.

Rearranging your post to reply more conveniently. :guts: Actually like you said the DS already has some kind of special power. By fighting and killing apostles and specters for years with it, Guts managed to imbue it with some sort of "power" (delicate wording here), hence the aura Schierke notices around it. That's why the DS could harm Slan, because it's not a normal weapon anymore but a part of the astral world I think. Now, we still don't know much about what this aura does, we'll probably learn more once the group gets to Elfhelm.

xbigvmanx said:
I was thinking something similar to Inuyasha Tetsaiga where it's capable of taking out an army but in this case it gets its energy from feeding the blood and souls of the apostles.

Haha, well that would make it a bigger version of Stormbringer (Elric's sword, novels by M. Moorcock), and from what we know it doesn't get energy from anything, like I said it's more like it was imbued by all the astral creatures Guts killed with it. Keep in mind that our informations about this are still very vague though. It also has no consciousness of its own for now, but who knows what it will become? As for taking out an army, I don't think it needs any kind of special power to do that, Guts proved it in the past. :guts:

nostyleart said:
not one to replace the all-mighty dragonslayer, but perhaps some other kind of addon to his arm, or perhaps if his arm is restored by the elf king, another tool that can be used with two hands?  i was thinking something like really strong gauntlets if his arm is to be resotred, or smokescreen powder, i really haven't thought to much of it, but the idea crosses into my mind every now and then.   any ideas?  although, i personally think it would be cool, if guts could manipulate the armor more, perhaps, change its shape, of it all or add spikes to it..  i dunno, what do u think?

Why he has some of the best weapons, a giant sword, grenades, crossbow and wikid armor, don't see the point in more stuff?

The Tricksta

Guys, of all the inane ideas so far I am surprised nobody mentioned giving Guts a doohickey magical cape. Personally I like to see Guts use that dagger he carries around a bit more, applying it in situations in which he can't swing the Dragonslayer or use it properly. He used it once back when he was fighting that Giant beetle dude in volume something I can't remember but it broke on him.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EUIX said:
He used it once back when he was fighting that Giant beetle dude in volume something I can't remember but it broke on him.

Yeah, he's used it quite a few times through the manga, but it was never really efficient in fighting situations (except to kill incubi). And it was in volume 15 against the beetle.

^^It did keep Mozgus from breaking the Dragon Slayer in half though. I think that's the most important role the daggers have played so far.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
^^It did keep Mozgus from breaking the Dragon Slayer in half though. I think that's the most important role the daggers have played so far.

EUIX was talking about his dagger though, not the throwing knives. Two different things.

Yea, I think Guts has PLENTY of weapons, he pretty much has everything he needs, explosives, melee, and ranged weapons, only thing I could think of is some kind of ranged weapon for when he is the Berserker beast. (not that he needs one)

Top Bottom