Good Guy, Bad Guy....Great Story

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I just finished reading Griffith and Kenoh-Sama's argument on Griffith=Guts (I think there were other people involved... =) And I realized that by analyzing Griff and Guts actions, my initial perspective on each of these characters was being forgotten. Then I remembered what it was that made me fall in love Berserk in the first place: The situational drama that comes with first hearing Griffith and Guts story.

Whether or not Griffith is good or bad, or Guts is good or bad makes no difference, and Im not talking about morals. Both of their actions create probably the most depth-ridden manga written.

Miura constructed these two absurdly intriguing characters with obvious time and effort. Their roles in the story and their relationship defies anything Ive read in manga, and more often than not, anything I can immediately summon into mind from Literature.

So...good guy, bad guy? Can't we put judgements aside? I think there are far too many people get so pissed that Griffith sacrificed (insert random Hawks member) and from then on spit on Griffith as a character and ignore the depth he brings to the series. Thats what I love about Griffith.

Thank you Kentarou Miura. And even though I pirated a years worth of manga...wont you invite me over for dinner?

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
I just finished reading Griffith and Kenoh-Sama's argument on Griffith=Guts (I think there were other people involved... =) And I realized that by analyzing Griff and Guts actions, my initial perspective on each of these characters was being forgotten. Then I remembered what it was that made me fall in love Berserk in the first place: The situational drama that comes with first hearing Griffith and Guts story.

Whether or not Griffith is good or bad, or Guts is good or bad makes no difference, and Im not talking about morals. Both of their actions create probably the most depth-ridden manga written.

Miura constructed these two absurdly intriguing characters with obvious time and effort. Their roles in the story and their relationship defies anything Ive read in manga, and more often than not, anything I can immediately summon into mind from Literature.

So...good guy, bad guy? Can't we put judgements aside? I think there are far too many people get so pissed that Griffith sacrificed (insert random Hawks member) and from then on spit on Griffith as a character and ignore the depth he brings to the series. Thats what I love about Griffith.

yep,u really hit the point!
Thank you Kentarou Miura. And even though I pirated a years worth of manga...wont you invite me over for dinner?

guess u gotta wait till the manga is finished.*g*

P

paradiselost

...or maybe we'll be able, at the end, to convince Miura to come here in Europe...but it's soooooo difficult...

:-/

...we'll try to, however!

;)

Top Bottom